News ‘Didn’t storm out’: Naden opens up on Bulldogs exit as heart to heart with Gus revealed

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs star Brent Naden has opened up on the reasons for his mid-season switch to the Tigers revealing his move in the aftermath of Trent Barrett’s sacking was coincidental.

Naden was brought to the Bulldogs by Barrett after the pair had a working relationship at the Panthers as assistant and player, sparking rumours he walked out on the Belmore club in the wake of Barrett’s axing.

However, Channel 7’s Michelle Bishop revealed on SEN radiothe heart to heart with Phil Gould that led to Naden trading the Bulldogs for the Wests Tigers.

“I wanted to get to the bottom of Brent Naden’s swift exit from the Bulldogs,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It created such a stir at the time. There were headlines like ‘mass exodus’, ‘the first to go,’ ‘he stormed out in protest’ unhappy about Barrett’s departure.

“He did set the record straight yesterday and he did reveal to me that he met with Phil Gould and this is how it all unfolded in about three hours.”

Naden revealed to Bishop that Canterbury’s GM of Football Gould, told him that perhaps he would have better opportunities to play first grade regularly at the Tigers.

“Gus (Gould) sat me down and said we’ve got a lot of young centres coming through and a lot of pressure and stuff,” Naden said.

“The Tigers were interested, my manager sorted it all out and the next day I was a Tiger.

“It wasn’t because ‘Baz’ (Barrett) was leaving, it’s because there was an opportunity at the Tigers.

“I’ve got a family now. Before I probably would have stayed and fought for the spot, but now I’ve got my little family I want to set up a life for my family and my son.

“Gus said there wasn’t too much happening at the Dogs after my contract so the Tigers were the best chance.”

Bishop revealed Naden was upset about Barrett’s departure, but that was not the reason for him leaving the club in a whirlwind switch to the Tigers, who beat Canterbury in his first game at the club.

“He didn’t pack his bags and storm out in protest,” Bishop said.

“He was upset about the way it unfolded with Barrett, but it wasn’t the reason.

“I thought it was interesting to look at the fact he had a fair bit of competition at the Dogs, a few centres coming through in the lower grades and he thought about his family.

“It was just a little bit easier to move on and do his best at the Tigers.”

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs star Brent Naden has opened up on the reasons for his mid-season switch to the Tigers revealing his move in the aftermath of Trent Barrett’s sacking was coincidental.

Naden was brought to the Bulldogs by Barrett after the pair had a working relationship at the Panthers as assistant and player, sparking rumours he walked out on the Belmore club in the wake of Barrett’s axing.

However, Channel 7’s Michelle Bishop revealed on SEN radiothe heart to heart with Phil Gould that led to Naden trading the Bulldogs for the Wests Tigers.

“I wanted to get to the bottom of Brent Naden’s swift exit from the Bulldogs,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It created such a stir at the time. There were headlines like ‘mass exodus’, ‘the first to go,’ ‘he stormed out in protest’ unhappy about Barrett’s departure.

“He did set the record straight yesterday and he did reveal to me that he met with Phil Gould and this is how it all unfolded in about three hours.”

Naden revealed to Bishop that Canterbury’s GM of Football Gould, told him that perhaps he would have better opportunities to play first grade regularly at the Tigers.

“Gus (Gould) sat me down and said we’ve got a lot of young centres coming through and a lot of pressure and stuff,” Naden said.

“The Tigers were interested, my manager sorted it all out and the next day I was a Tiger.

“It wasn’t because ‘Baz’ (Barrett) was leaving, it’s because there was an opportunity at the Tigers.

“I’ve got a family now. Before I probably would have stayed and fought for the spot, but now I’ve got my little family I want to set up a life for my family and my son.

“Gus said there wasn’t too much happening at the Dogs after my contract so the Tigers were the best chance.”

Bishop revealed Naden was upset about Barrett’s departure, but that was not the reason for him leaving the club in a whirlwind switch to the Tigers, who beat Canterbury in his first game at the club.

“He didn’t pack his bags and storm out in protest,” Bishop said.

“He was upset about the way it unfolded with Barrett, but it wasn’t the reason.

“I thought it was interesting to look at the fact he had a fair bit of competition at the Dogs, a few centres coming through in the lower grades and he thought about his family.

“It was just a little bit easier to move on and do his best at the Tigers.”
Yeah, tough gig to crack when you have superstars like Averillo and Schoupp in front of you.....lol

Malla

Reaction score
While I don't care about Naden (good riddance) it's interesting that Riccio bald dog and Kent (and Anasta) were adament that Naden was unhappy with Barrett exit and wanted out and Naden wouldn't be the only one lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
While I don't care about Naden (good riddance) it's interesting that Riccio bald dog and Kent (and Anasta) were adament that Naden was unhappy with Barrett exit and wanted out and Naden wouldn't be the only one lol
Their agenda against Gus and us.

They are All scumbag pieces of shit.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck to the Tiger if they can get him firing consistently. Too high maintenance (on and off field) in my view. Subtle, but brutal, if that is actually what Gus said about Naden not being able to play 1st grade in the centres because Bulldog had lots of other great centres to choose from! That's got to mess with Naden's head if it was truly what was said ....

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: You started okay, but are a ball hog with dicks for fingers recently. We have better players coming through so go find another club where you won't be playing reserve grade. KTHXBYE!!!!