Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the Teals may save us after all from the Greens :grinning:

In the meantime, Libs and Labor better wake up and deal with the changing expectations of Aussies.

If these teals take, and present, the good policies of Labor and the good philosophies of Liberals they could be a huge force.
Fingers crossed : )

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the illegal immigrants dont start to pour in, that should be stopped altogether, and we shouldn't pay a god damn cent sending them back on whatever they come out on, even driftwood.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the illegal immigrants dont start to pour in, that should be stopped altogether, and we shouldn't pay a god damn cent sending them back on whatever they come out on, even driftwood.
They were coming in by plane. They weren't stopped. :tearsofjoy:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day im not into politics, i dislike all of them, been in my own business for 20 years, tax wise they all suck arse.
Mortgage wise i hope its not a repeat of when labor where in last. Interest rates were at highest.
Fuel wise this Liberal government has let us down.
What am i doing here, this is a footy thread.
Put it this way , i could do a spear tackle on all of them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day im not into politics, i dislike all of them, been in my own business for 20 years, tax wise they all suck arse.
Mortgage wise i hope its not a repeat of when labor where in last. Interest rates were at highest.
Fuel wise this Liberal government has let us down.
What am i doing here, this is a footy thread.
Put it this way , i could do a spear tackle on all of them.
If you're talking about the 17.5% interest rates from the 80s, that was John Howard, as treasurer, who passed that onto the Hawke government

Fuel, is purely oil companies price gouging, has nothing to do with either side of politics.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can someone explain why more then 300,000 more people voted for liberal over labor yet have 20 less seats ?

Says a lot about our political system.
Preferential voting.
Also:

Jerrymanders that country seats have.

Why does Tasmania have the same number of Senators as NSW, Vic and Qld where there are much higher populations.

All faults in our system but come up with a better way when we have compulsory voting.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll be amazed if there isn’t already boats on the way. We’ll be throwing welfare at everyone anyway so may as well roll out the red carpet for them

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll be amazed if there isn’t already boats on the way. We’ll be throwing welfare at everyone anyway so may as well roll out the red carpet for them
lol. So they are hoping on boats instead of the planes that they have been using to get here. kay

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol. So they are hoping on boats instead of the planes that they have been using to get here. kay
The ones able to get a tourist visa come on planes. At least they slightly follow the laws of the country they want to sponge off

Status
Not open for further replies.