News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
"Just on Kyle, his best football, you haven't seen anything that he can do at the moment and I think he's probably gone a little bit backwards over the last 18 months.

'He's a better player than what he's showing at the moment ... that goes for a lot of the Bulldogs players at the moment, they're not playing well.'"

LOLLLL he is already making excuses for Kyle FFS
Not at all for me. Hes right about a lot of the team not performing at their best, Kyle is just one of them. I believe he wouldn't show favouritism. He wouldn't get away with it anyway. Arthur didn't.

Also interesting in a fuller version of the interview on 9s website, something I didn't know, Flanagan snr was a bulldogs junior.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was told Gus privately not happy about the public spruiking by Flanagan. As much as he may be a strong chance of getting the job, I'm not a fan of public comments. Dymock always does this.
I was just thinking that he must be confident to go public as they usually try and keep it on the low down in case they miss out - wonder what's going on?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not liking the smugness Fittler is showing anytime they ask him about Canterbury…Surely Gus won’t hire another didn’t cut it coach.?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The son of a bitch just won't say "NO" he hasn't applied, interested, been approached or is even a possibility. It makes me think he is well and truly in the mix.
Nah I doubt he will even be asked. No reason to try yet another rookie coach at fg level, after 2 failed rookies in a row. Makes no sense at all signing him.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not liking the smugness Fittler is showing anytime they ask him about Canterbury…Surely Gus won’t hire another didn’t cut it coach.?
I noticed that too… he won’t answer the question directly when they ask him of his interest..

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Not to mention King and Kiraz showing a lot of promise too.
Yeah definitely. Flanagan would be already following Dogs games because of Kyle. So he’d probably have a good idea where to start if we sign him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton would thrive under Flanno....just need to sign up a quality half.....who will be that half could determine Burtons future
One option is going for a solid HB and superstar FB.

Our HB just needs to do his job unleashing Burton.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all want info bro, I just pass on what I hear from solid people involved with the club.
Ask whoever you know what is the reasoning for the continued changes to the flegg side.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he says he won't play him if not good enough but then makes excuses for him despite him being trash and makes it seem like he'd play him anyway saying "you haven't seen anything he can do at the moment"...

The only way I'd want Flanagan the coach is if his son was already moved on first.
Tell another player to put there thou there isn’t ,you would rather jeopardise not getting the best coach who is available just cause his son is in our team when Flanno Snr is exactly the type of coach we need

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us we are at the bottom of NRL teams and this era there isn’t enough quality 7s available it sucks hard