News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hethrington is going to the Knights to be coached by SuperCoach O'Brien
Not sure where he fits in their current squad. Klemmer and the Saifiti's keep him out of a starting prop spot, Barnett is lock, and Fitzgibbon and Frizell are better options in 2nd row. Hetherington is a benchie at best and needs several injuries if he has any hope of starting a game.

I guess during midweek he and Barnett can share sob stories about getting long bans.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both shit considering what they're being paid. Either ain't playing like $300k forwards at the moment.
To be fair Vaughan us in top 10 currently in post contact meters, averaged 120m a game. 97% tackle efficiency. I know stat's aren't everything but he seems to be contributing enough. If we can keep him and move Thompson on, I'd say that's a win

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was hethrington contracted to us next year?
Is this another example of us contributing to a players salary under our cap to play against us?
Apparently he had a $500k mutual option for next year (I believe NRL rules state that Both parties must agree to activate), but the club has advised him they won’t be taking up the option so he is free to negotiate for 2023. So my understanding is that he is effectively a free agent so we won’t be contributing anything.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Not sure where he fits in their current squad. Klemmer and the Saifiti's keep him out of a starting prop spot, Barnett is lock, and Fitzgibbon and Frizell are better options in 2nd row. Hetherington is a benchie at best and needs several injuries if he has any hope of starting a game.

I guess during midweek he and Barnett can share sob stories about getting long bans.
Barnett is moving on next year, can't recall where maybe Warriors.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha touché
Haha, it was a great post haha.
I read it out to my wife.
Her reply with a smile on her face in good humour
"What a pack of bastards"

Haha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently he had a $500k mutual option for next year (I believe NRL rules state that Both parties must agree to activate), but the club has advised him they won’t be taking up the option so he is free to negotiate for 2023. So my understanding is that he is effectively a free agent so we won’t be contributing anything.
thatiscorrect.jpg

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He won’t be going this year mate. He is out for the year injured

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was hethrington contracted to us next year?
Is this another example of us contributing to a players salary under our cap to play against us?
He was but they're saying he'd be getting a new three year deal with Newcastle which generally negates any money owed.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely understand now why lomax and Laurie said what they said about dufty on the Matty John’s show earlier in the year. And I gotta say I totally agree.