News Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[emoji95]Dufty secures Super League deal; Hetherington eyes Knights[emoji95]
[emoji438] Story by Daily Telegraph

Newcastle is preparing to table Canterbury firebrand Jack Hetherington a three-year deal as the roster revamp at Belmore is in full swing with fullback Matt Dufty moving on.

Hetherington’s discussions come as Dufty officially took up a two-year contract to join Warrington in the English Super League from next season.

Hetherington met with Knights officials on Friday as he prepares to exit at the end of the season.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as we all hoped and spoke them up,players like jack and naden and dufty and Vaughn we all knew deep down that they where rushed buys in hope they lifted us from the bottom. Ultimately knowing there where duds. Well that’s how I felt anyway.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another one gone which won’t be missed.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as we all hoped and spoke them up,players like jack and naden and dufty and Vaughn we all knew deep down that they where rushed buys in hope they lifted us from the bottom. Ultimately knowing there where duds. Well that’s how I felt anyway.
I'd keep Vaughan for around 400-500 for a year with option for another in our favour. He's been better than thompson

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd keep Vaughan for around 400-500 for a year with option for another in our favour. He's been better than thompson
Both shit considering what they're being paid. Either ain't playing like $300k forwards at the moment.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad it's only from next season. Hopefully he plays Reserves the rest of the year.

Hetherington is no great loss and getting his cap space is a huge win.
Absolutely $500k for a dumbo playing with aggression 8 games a season if that. His lucky he got injured early in the season as he would’ve been most likely suspended for most of the games anyway and possibly cost himself from another club being interested in him.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too bad it's only from next season. Hopefully he plays Reserves the rest of the year.

Hetherington is no great loss and getting his cap space is a huge win.
Was hethrington contracted to us next year?
Is this another example of us contributing to a players salary under our cap to play against us?