I hit up flanno sr on instagram

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t just yet. Because of Flanagans adverse history the board might vote against it. Freedie a while back said he would love another crack at full time coaching. If he had his time again he would do things differently.
His issue was he went too quickly into the Roosters 1st grade job and had played with most of the team.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
nope, his son has his own account. definitely not hitting on him yet, but maybe i will if theres an assistant coach vacancy on the horizon!
Lol.. By the way your investigation skills are top notch!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, am I missing something about ‘Tangles’? Why is there a circle jerk forming over him? Not a single young player has transitioned well to FG since he’s been here. Schoupp probably the only exception.
Not a single player has transitioned except Schoupp. Okay.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Same here, and many other thinking Kennelers I'm sure.
Kelpie question..being a religious man..do you feel more compassion for Barrett getting the boot..or more happy for the Doggies being free of him?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think Flanno snr would have the balls to drop his Son if needed. In saying that Braith was addament we are after a 7 and a 1 (stated he knows for a fact).
If Flanno snr gets the Gig he would have to be aware of the plans/idea's ETC re recruitment.
I think Flanno Sr is ruthless enough to drop Jr if the team is suffering.
He knows a lot of eyes will be on him to see if he can replicate the gummy success without the peptides etc

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kelpie question..being a religious man..do you feel more compassion for Barrett getting the boot..or more happy for the Doggies being free of him?
@Kelpie03 legitimate question! Well I’m playing devils advocate.. :grimacing:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Kelpie03 legitimate question! Well I’m playing devils advocate.. :grimacing:
With all due respect what compassion?

Trent was paid a handsome salary of $500k a season to coach the Bulldogs.

He wasn't "terminated" he chose to jump ship (cough cough) and he was still paid out $500k which was the entire remainder of his contract. He was given the opportunity to showcase his ability and it clearly shows he isn't made to be a first-grade coach.

I don't get the sympathy for Trent. He walks away a very rich man who was handed the keys to a football team at a powerful club and it wasn't meant to be.

The club and its powerbrokers surrounded Trent with all the assistance he needed by hiring Hansen and later Phil Gould.

What more do you think could have been done because Trent literally made the same mistakes at the Bulldogs as he did at Manly. The guy didn't learn shit from his previous failed attempt at coaching.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With all due respect what compassion?
Trent was paid a handsome salary of $500k a season to coach the Bulldogs. He wasn't "terminated" he chose to jump ship and he was still paid out $500k.. He was given another opportunity to showcase his ability and it clearly shows he isn't made to be a first-grade coach. I dont get the sympathy for Trent. He walks away a very rich man who was handed the keys to a football team at a powerful club and it wasn't meant to be.
I’m only messing around ..playing with @Kelpie03 religious morality.. Lol.. Ps..I dare say though Barrett was nudged..but good money for a third of the season!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people won’t hack it but we play better with averillo at 7 even though he isn’t a 7
At least he engages the line and runs the fcu king ball every now and then !!!
Unfortunately Finchie, our coach just paniced by droping Avo just after 2 games partenering Burton.
Panic decissions is what got us in theis mess in the first place.
Now we will see a lot more panic decission simply because next Feb is board election time again.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock talk is absolutely insane imo the guy is less credentialed as an NRL coach than Baz was. All respect to him but he is not the man for this job.
Maybe so, but a lot of people credit Jimmy for the success we had at the start of Dessy reign in 2012. We finished off 2011 strongly while he was the interim and it was Dymock that came up with the forward tap on plays etc that saw us as the benchmark side in 2012 . I think Des eventually coached it out of them . But 2012 was probably our best attacking season since we won the comp in 04. So I can see why there is some merrit to giving Jimmy a chance .