Trent Barrett: Dean Pay weighs in on latest Canterbury Bulldogs coach to leave club

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we now officially have a media frenzy, how exciting

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesnt say too much.

"There was people there that didnt think I could do the job and they are still there. They obviously didnt think Baz could do it either"

"Doesnt want to sound bitter but mentioned that he didnt watch dogs games anymore. Only watches raiders game because he is mates with STicky"

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is to smart to consider coming back. But he did a better job with an inferior roster.
Better statistically but still shit. Roster was not inferior. Pay will not even be considered. Pay was a great player. Pay was a poor coach. Being better than the coach with the worst losing record of all time is nothing to hang your hat on.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Better statistically but still shit. Roster was not inferior. Pay will not even be considered. Pay was a great player. Pay was a poor coach. Being better than the coach with the worst losing record of all time is nothing to hang your hat on.
I'm not saying Pay is our answer moving forward, he clearly isn't. But how can you possibly argue that our roster wasn't inferior when he was here?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying Pay is our answer moving forward, he clearly isn't. But how can you possibly argue that our roster wasn't inferior when he was here?
It was inferior but at the same time Pay chose some of that roster and others of that roster he decided to re-sign.

Don't forget if it was up to Pay we'd still have Lewis and Josh Reynolds on our books too

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
It’s been 24 hours and nobody has really brought up Jimmy Dymock..c’mon *****, you’s are slipping!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bulldogs laughter yoga therapist weighs in on Barrett's departure
It was inferior but at the same time Pay chose some of that roster and others of that roster he decided to re-sign.

Don't forget if it was up to Pay we'd still have Lewis and Josh Reynolds on our books too
No denying he lacked pulling power and made some strategic decisions that were real head scratchers, and his first major signing Thommo has to be considered a flop given his massive salary. I'm not trying to blow his trumpet, just saying the man had a poorer roster, and less cap space to work with.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs laughter yoga therapist weighs in on Barrett's departure

No denying he lacked pulling power and made some strategic decisions that were real head scratchers, and his first major signing Thommo has to be considered a flop given his massive salary. I'm not trying to blow his trumpet, just saying the man had a poorer roster, and less cap space to work with.
I agree he had an inferior roster, just adding he bears responsibility for that poor roster too.

And you're the laugher yoga therapist !