Do we go all in for Munster?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely our premiership window opens if we sign this guy. He's 27 and just entered his prime.

He's arguably the best player in the game at the moment, It's almost like JT or Lockyer getting pushed out in their prime. We'll be crazy not to be having serious discussions about signing him, especially when Burton is reported to be testing the Market.

If Burton stays, Thomo and Jackson's money will be available.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to have him but he is a 6 also can’t see either Burton or him play in the 7. Even though they are similar these days. But yes again I would love him in our team

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely our premiership window opens if we sign this guy. He's 27 and just entered his prime.

He's arguably the best player in the game at the moment, It's almost like JT or Lockyer getting pushed out in their prime. We'll be crazy not to be having serious discussions about signing him, especially when Burton is reported to be testing the Market.

If Burton stays, Thomo and Jackson's money will be available.
I don’t think we have 1.2 million left in the cap.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think we have 1.2 million left in the cap.
How so? We've got TPJ, Mahoney and Kikau as our highest paid players. I doubt Thommo and Flanno will be re-signed. Jackson comes off contract too.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why do you think he will come here when he has the choice of going home to QLD to play for the Dolphins who have signed half of his team mates and be coached by Wayne Bennett. Don’t say something retarded like he wants a challenge.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love Munster but at 1.2 million, I don't think it's a realistic option.
I'm in the basket of signing someone like Sezer for a year or 2 while continuing the development of Bailey Hayward And using the money from players like Jackson, Allan, Flanagan, Vaughan etc to strengthen other areas.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Gus/coach thinks he can transition into a 7 role or we change our playstyle to play with 2 five-eighths I'd go for him. I think even if we were to offer 1.2m he'd go to the Dolphins for around the same amount but I'd enter the race for him regardless.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Every week someone in another team has a good game, and we have to sign him, regardless of how likely or affordable it is.

You missed the boat a bit, Munster had a good game this week, but he had a better one last week. Where was your thread then lol?

Sure most sides would want Munster. Thats not an issue. Why dont we get Papenhauzen, hes scoring more points than Munster? Cleary at 7. Set.

Also the Burton testing the market thing is a nothing story even if it was true. Players do it all the time. Recently there was stories about Ponga leaving Newcastle and testing the market. Then he extended with Knights.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How so? We've got TPJ, Mahoney and Kikau as our highest paid players. I doubt Thommo and Flanno will be re-signed. Jackson comes off contract too.
Thomson and flanno are still contracted till 2023

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love the munter. He's a brilliant player, but doubt he'd go to a Sydney club. He supposedly wants to go back to Qld, but who knows?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thomson and flanno are still contracted till 2023
Munster signing for 2024. We only have like 7 contracted players for 2024. A lot of players will obviously be re-signed but we'll have spots + $.