Could This Be Our Halfback For 2024 & Beyond?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
so given the chance over, they wouldnt sign with us because of baz. even though when they signed with us, baz was coach? what...?
Questioning why kikau signed with us over cowboys?

Baz. Panthers relationship.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

no i was questioning B-Train's comment of if given the opportunity, kikau and mahoney wouldnt sign with us again

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he will follow Reed to the doggs so they can link up together again!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely, especially so it makes the Eels spend more from their cap to keep him after the pain of losing Reed Mahoney.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
on what basis? assuming they've both come for a payday, money talks, if it didnt reed would've stayed at parramatta with their lower offer. i'm still perplexed why kikau came to us, he couldve got similar money anywhere else. cowboys were going to throw the cheque book at him but he chose us.
We'd have to overpay even more for players after this start and with the uncertainty around Baz it's going to be hard to recruit any more rep calibre players until the results start improving or a coaching change is made.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Kikau, even by quoted by Barrett, is a "luxury" signing.

How the fuck can we make luxury signings when the last 3 seasons our standings read - 15th, 16th, 16th*

Barrett is unbelievably out of his depth.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz.

That said I’m almost ready for the bring in fucking Flanagan sr wagon.

Madge got a team we could of fucking coached a title with cook Inglis walker Reynolds burgess gagai etc.

Meanwhile Flanagan had some class but a lot of blokes weren’t stars
But sharks were on the juice

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thats more than what parra has achieved, plus 2012 &2015 grandfinalist .
we won only 3 games last year and still sign fox tpj and Burton.
We are a power house club we just going through a rough few years.
Just for some clarity here:

- We were GF-ists in 2014 not 2015.
- We signed Burto/Fox in late 2020, before any 2021 results were known. TPJ was cut from the Ponies and needed a new club regardless.
- Rough years: I gave the club plenty of time to get out of the cap problems and assemble a better squad. Didn’t bag them along the way. With who we signed for ‘21 we should not have finished last. That is even more the case for ‘22 yet we’re running last. Decent juniors are another ~2 years away largely thanks to Covid. 2 more players of note coming next year yet are they just going to regress like the others have? I can’t think of anything other than the coaching being the root cause of why we are not improving but the opposite.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit, I was wrong also.
I liked Baz’s demeanor, he is a calming type. I also bought into talk from Cleary and Luai about how good an attacking coach he is. DCE, Turbo and Jake T all rated him.
Something is clearly not right at the Dogs though. Perhaps it’s his other coaches (defense, fitness etc) but they are HIS picks.

Time is up, this downward trend with the players we have MUST STOP NOW.

You can’t have a coach who keeps picking JMK, Waddell, Burns, Wakeham and co.

Until this is solved, it doesn’t matter who our “potential new half” is.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Kyle Flanagan off contract at the end of 2023, it has now emerged that Mitchell Moses has a player option in his contract for the final year of his contract - 2024.

According to this report, he is free to negotiate from this November.

With a current club combination along side Reed Mahoney, you'd think there might be some merit in our pursuit of his services as he seems to be improving with age.

He is a Right side dominant Half-Back & could compliment Burton on the left.

Also kicks goals at a high percentage.

It could be in the big plan.

I'm sure Moses is just dying to leave a top 4 team for a club that's won 4 of it's last 30 games.
Des-Troyer missed our opportunity few years ago, in the process we lost Teddy to the Rorters after singing with us,
People don't know how deeply Moses is entrenched in the Parramatta system, and how difficult it would be to uproot him from there...Again I never say never !

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

- We signed Burto/Fox in late 2020, before any 2021 results were known. TPJ was cut from the Ponies and needed a new club regardless.
- Rough years: I gave the club plenty of time to get out of the cap problems and assemble a better squad. Didn’t bag them along the way. With who we signed for ‘21 we should not have finished last. That is even more the case for ‘22 yet we’re running last. Decent juniors are another ~2 years away largely thanks to Covid. 2 more players of note coming next year yet are they just going to regress like the others have? I can’t think of anything other than the coaching being the root cause of why we are not improving but the opposite.
My bad 2014 your correct, as for fox and Burton they could’ve just said no to coming same way fox turned down the tigers.
Coach is a massive liability and everyone can see that.
Now Mahoney and Kikau have also signed for 2023 didn’t they see the results in 2021?
my point was that the club is a power house and can attract players,
our coach and management have to take responsibility and fuck off.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
on what basis? assuming they've both come for a payday, money talks, if it didnt reed would've stayed at parramatta with their lower offer. i'm still perplexed why kikau came to us, he couldve got similar money anywhere else. cowboys were going to throw the cheque book at him but he chose us.
Gus, Baz and Burto is my guess.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Do you remember what I said about the Pay situation then ?
I am going to say the same now...
The new admin including Gus must by now know if TBaz has the credentials to become the coach to lead us out of this predicament or are we again wasting more valuable time.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit, I was wrong also.
I liked Baz’s demeanor, he is a calming type. I also bought into talk from Cleary and Luai about how good an attacking coach he is. DCE, Turbo and Jake T all rated him.
Something is clearly not right at the Dogs though. Perhaps it’s his other coaches (defense, fitness etc) but they are HIS picks.

Time is up, this downward trend with the players we have MUST STOP NOW.

You can’t have a coach who keeps picking JMK, Waddell, Burns, Wakeham and co.

Until this is solved, it doesn’t matter who our “potential new half” is.
You are on the money...
TBaz's problem is selection of players and defense coach.
Do you recall what Gus said in one of his first interviews ?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone was told well in advance that 2022 was a rebuilding year for the club. Can't expect instant success overnight.

Can't chop and change rosters every 5 minutes and expect success.

We've been smashed ONCE this year when we didn't show up (Storm), beaten twice by comp leaders (with refs help). All other games we have been in and competed.

Wins will come as the team lineup remains stable.

our coach and management have to take responsibility and fuck off.
Even when our back of house is the most stable and reliable it's been in a LONG time?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger, that’s the news that was doing the rounds at the time.

I would believe it, remember, Hasler and Cleal, missed out on Munster, and probably many other players, because Cleal didn’t return phone calls, got rid of Cook, etc.. they pretty much where hired to destroy our club, and they succeeded.
You are only scratching the surface, the list goes on and on.
For the doubters, I know details of what has gone wrong but let's worry about the future now !