• Replace Tbaz with another coach at the end of the season

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First it was don't judge him til 2022. Now it's not til 2023... We have a much improved squad compared to last year yet the results, performances and tactics aren't any different. People need to stop making excuses. Baz needs to be held accountable just like anyone else. He has almost a 20% win percentage a a coach across four plus seasons with us and Manly so it's hardly a small sample size.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been given free reign on recruitment and make up of the squad. He needs be accountable for results.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz ain’t going nowhere here is why
Phil could and Baz both managed by
Wayne beavis,basically our club has to ride the the full rebuild

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Look at Brad Arthur Stat's on Eels
It takes 3 years to build a Team. Barrett needs to be judged in 2023. He has baught great players for 2023 to fix our spine. Be patient bulldogs supporters.
2014 12th
2015 12th
2016 10th
2017 4th
2018 16th
Well, I'll be very surprise if he's finish the year

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to sack him mid season, the disruption it'll cause isn't worth it added to the fact there isn't a standout to replace him.

Give him until this off season and see how the cards fall. The goal should be 10 wins at this point.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First it was don't judge him til 2022. Now it's not til 2023... We have a much improved squad compared to last year yet the results, performances and tactics aren't any different. People need to stop making excuses. Baz needs to be held accountable just like anyone else. He has almost a 20% win percentage a a coach across four plus seasons with us and Manly so it's hardly a small sample size.
Every player we have brought to the club has gone backwards since Barrett arrived.

If Barrett was Georgallis, he’d be sacked by now.

Overrated is an understatement. The guy is out of his depth.

We are wasting yet another season. Move him on now, I say.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to sack him mid season, the disruption it'll cause isn't worth it added to the fact there isn't a standout to replace him.

Give him until this off season and see how the cards fall. The goal should be 10 wins at this point.
Unless we’re versing the tigers 8 times I struggle to see us winning 10 games

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zero innovation in his coaching , he’s trying to play a safe game without utilising his teams strengths which are obviously limited by the 5 hit ups for a bomb game plan .

Kicking tactically for JAC and Dufty to utilise their speed would be a huge improvement but seems like he’d rather JJ took another run for 5 mtrs on the fourth very set

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such fvcking negativity. If the 5 hitups by Jackson is detrimental to our attack then Jackson should be getting the fvck out of the way. He's the captain, he's been playing long enough and should know better. Don't just keep blaming the coach for all our losses, the players are supposed to be professional first graders not under 8's.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many idiots on here chanting “sack Barrett”. We have had a monster recruitment drive with amazing talent coming in (Burton, TPJ, Ado Carr, Dufty, Naden) and still coming in (Kikau and Mahony). Everyone needs to have some patience and give this new team time to get settled. We had 3 very good first games. Yes they dropped the ball against the Storm (but so have many other teams) and yes they lost against Penrith (again, so have many other teams). We need to be positive and supportive and put our trust in the leadership

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not that keen on being compared to a team that hasn’t won anything for 36 years. I don’t think Barrett will be moved on this year but the new recruits can be very damaged by a year of shitness.
Scary being compared to that team isn't it...
On the other hand, we have employed Gus to be the visionary to recognise things before us humble supporters do,
If TBaz deserves to continue being our coach next season so be it, if the signs are telling Gus otherwise...
Gus must deal with it immediately...Time is precious c-b-b !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many idiots on here chanting “sack Barrett”. We have had a monster recruitment drive with amazing talent coming in (Burton, TPJ, Ado Carr, Dufty, Naden) and still coming in (Kikau and Mahony). Everyone needs to have some patience and give this new team time to get settled. We had 3 very good first games. Yes they dropped the ball against the Storm (but so have many other teams) and yes they lost against Penrith (again, so have many other teams). We need to be positive and supportive and put our trust in the leadership
Absolutely !!!
But can we start by adding Cook to the team, at least on the bench ?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Brad Arthur Stat's on Eels
It takes 3 years to build a Team. Barrett needs to be judged in 2023. He has baught great players for 2023 to fix our spine. Be patient bulldogs supporters.
2014 12th
2015 12th
2016 10th
2017 4th
2018 16th
The worst they finished was 12th when he took over… we have been done second last snd wooden spooners last year… this year we are already the worst attacking and defending team on the comp. That’s speaking a lot of wests are better :(…. I’m happy to sit out and see what happens but if things don’t improve dramatically by end of year with the cattle we have then yes he deserves to get the sack. His record speaks doe itself and I’m pretty sure he knows it also.

Yes they. Same 16th 2018 but I think that year they had a shit load of injuries

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If people cannot see that we are scoring on par with last year with a VASTLY DIFFERENT SQUAD... with MUCH better players in certain positions.. then you are deadset blinder than Andrew Johns the day after he was ushered into a room full of piss and pingers.

For those who are still not following.. let me lay it out for you.

Different year. Different team. Same coach.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe in "give him 202x" bullshit, we are the same old stale crap but with a much improved roster.

He will not get the sack mid season and if anything its only going to help the case for sacking him because there is zero chance for the improvement we all want and expect.

How can a talented and proven player like Fox come to the dogs and go backwards...the answer is BAZ!

Different year. Different team. Same coach.
Perfectly said

Last edited: