Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I makes me sad seeing Brown and Moses run so freely. Arthur has copped some heat in the past, but they really do always give themselves the best opportunity to score points.
i watch a fair abit of their training, very well drilled. fuck mahoney was good tho, his passes of the ground just get the 7 and 6 outside the C defender every time.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All he does is put up bombs. What is the plan to bring him into the game?

Has to be down to coaching. Greg Alexander & many others on Fox Sports have said Burton is a great talent.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If things continue down this path maybe keep Barrett on if he wants to stay as assistant coach

We have looked much improved this year but that score line and performance was a worry for dogs

as first grade coach, the only person I can think of is Shane Flanagan

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think TB has shown he’s not a coach that’s going to take us into the realm of elite and demand excellence.

Flanagan Senior could be that guy and I also rate Christian Wolf who seems to always get the best out of the Tonga national team and currently has St Helens humming along in the UK super league.

there’s way too many “modern day” ex-players who think they can coach but can’t - the only one I can think of that is actually doing a good job is Fitzgibbon. Good trainers make great coaches i.e. Folkes, Bellamy, Robbo.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i watch a fair abit of their training, very well drilled. fuck mahoney was good tho, his passes of the ground just get the 7 and 6 outside the C defender every time.
It makes a huge difference Steve you would know that. We consistently get slow ball out from DH. Whoever JMK passes too needs to stand right next to him and usually with no depth. He’s not a hooker.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He said it was all a rumour on the radio yesterday but who knows you are not going to say otherwise so let’s hope.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney will be huge. But there’s one thing to train we’ll n another to play. Barrett may have good training drills but he can’t make our players perform. He will be nothing more than an assistant coach. Seriously. I did notice when BBO came on some nice cut outs to the halves. We seemed to have more space. But our boring old block after block doesn’t work anymore. We need a proper head coach that demands excellence

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mahoney will be huge. But there’s one thing to train we’ll n another to play. Barrett may have good training drills but he can’t make our players perform. He will be nothing more than an assistant coach. Seriously. I did notice when BBO came on some nice cut outs to the halves. We seemed to have more space. But our boring old block after block doesn’t work anymore. We need a proper head coach that demands excellence
Bro u must hit the blunts before games aye. BBO did absolutely jackshit, all he did was never get onside, did some stupid kicks and tried to be a hero on last tackle a couple of times. Missed a fair bit of tackles aswell. Him on the bench is ruining his career respectively, too bad our selections suck and its how it will always be. I wouldn’t mind J cook playing at 14 for us and let BBO play flegg with topine and etc.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus would have to tell him no favouritism with kyle but if you get the best out of him by all means

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro u must hit the blunts before games aye. BBO did absolutely jackshit, all he did was never get onside, did some stupid kicks and tried to be a hero on last tackle a couple of times. Missed a fair bit of tackles aswell. Him on the bench is ruining his career respectively, too bad our selections suck and its how it will always be. I wouldn’t mind J cook playing at 14 for us and let BBO play flegg with topine and etc.
I didn’t say he played well. I said that his service was better. He can throw the cut out pass when needed which opened up our wide for us. He is a halfback through and through. You’re right. Him being a back up hooker is a stupid move by a stupid coach. He should be in NSW Cup playing in the halves. I would now be starting or benching Cook. He must get minutes under his belt before Mahoney comes.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Might be good if we get some more players, and the new ones we have settle in, before we kill another coach's career.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've already reached out to Gus on twitter and told him to get Flanagan over before someone else does. It is obvious by now the the team isn't going to improve under Barrett. This team should not be held to only 0-2 tries a match. There are no excuses and If we continue down this path i'm concerned about the damage it'll do to the genuinely good players on our roster. No one is improving at our club, players are only getting worse. Pay got better results with less. Both Pay and Barrett suffer from the same inability to identify the best player at the club to play in those crucial positions. Consistently chopping and changing at halfback and fullback. If Averillo was to have any first grade career it was always in the outside backs or as a running 5/8th alongside an organising half. As soon as we signed Burton he should have switched Avo to the centres or fullback position. What a waste of an off-season it has been. Next week will be another humbling at Penrith and then we will probably lose in an arm wrestle against Souths. Hopefully we manage to jag a couple of wins after that.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny...
Only hours ago we wanted him gone to the Tigpies and take son Kyle with him and now we want him to coach us and maybe bring in all his family with him...Risky business :tearsofjoy:
It’s that bad right now… Barrett is a clusterfuck

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've already reached out to Gus on twitter and told him to get Flanagan over before someone else does. It is obvious by now the the team isn't going to improve under Barrett. This team should not be held to only 0-2 tries a match. There are no excuses and If we continue down this path i'm concerned about the damage it'll do to the genuinely good players on our roster. No one is improving at our club, players are only getting worse. Pay got better results with less. Both Pay and Barrett suffer from the same inability to identify the best player at the club to play in those crucial positions. Consistently chopping and changing at halfback and fullback. If Averillo was to have any first grade career it was always in the outside backs or as a running 5/8th alongside an organising half. As soon as we signed Burton he should have switched Avo to the centres or fullback position. What a waste of an off-season it has been. Next week will be another humbling at Penrith and then we will probably lose in an arm wrestle against Souths. Hopefully we manage to jag a couple of wins after that.
We have to be patient, I am not one to throw anyone under the bus but acknowledge that this trend can't continue,
Gus would and should know if TBaz is the right man for the job, if not I am sure he will act accordingly !!!