Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone here played the Hitman series World of Assassination trilogy? I have all 3 games but never got round to playing them.
Played a bit of the first one. Have been meaning to get around to playing through it. The games are very highly rated, especially game 3.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone here played the Hitman series World of Assassination trilogy? I have all 3 games but never got round to playing them.
Are they the original games packaged into a trilogy? Contracts, Blood Money and Absolution I think the 3rd one is called. Have played the first and 3rd ones, they are pretty good.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Are they the original games packaged into a trilogy? Contracts, Blood Money and Absolution I think the 3rd one is called. Have played the first and 3rd ones, they are pretty good.
No, this is Hitman 1, 2 and 3 - the next chapter in the series that began after absolution.

1648002829926.png

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
No, this is Hitman 1, 2 and 3 - the next chapter in the series that began after absolution.

View attachment 43967
Nice!
Will look at giving them a whirl once I play the 50 other games I've got here untouched. I'm always a decade behind when it comes to video games lol.
Have you played any of the first 3 original Hitman ones?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nice!
Will look at giving them a whirl once I play the 50 other games I've got here untouched. I'm always a decade behind when it comes to video games lol.
Have you played any of the first 3 original Hitman ones?
Yep - played all of them up until and including Absolution. I prefer the original series, they were so good. I think Blood Money and Silent Assassin are among the best given the time they came out.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep - played all of them up until and including Absolution. I prefer the original series, they were so good. I think Blood Money and Silent Assassin are among the best given the time they came out.
One of my favourite gaming moments was when I played the first mission of Blood Money. I stuffed up and ended up in a firefight. Ended up killing all the enemies. Then I walked around the stage and executed every civilian because... Well... Why not?

After the mission it says, "analysis of your mission is... You're a psychopath"

Wahesh

Reaction score
One of my favourite gaming moments was when I played the first mission of Blood Money. I stuffed up and ended up in a firefight. Ended up killing all the enemies. Then I walked around the stage and executed every civilian because... Well... Why not?

After the mission it says, "analysis of your mission is... You're a psychopath"
Yep - the newspaper clipping after a few missions had Easter eggs hidden in them.
I loved a lot of the missions, particularly the Vegas parties, the wedding and the New Orleans parade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i got to the point of no return in CP so i assume this is the final story mission. I haven't even bought any body mods, upgraded guns, etc. Am i better off smashing out every side mission and then going back to finish?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i got to the point of no return in CP so i assume this is the final story mission. I haven't even bought any body mods, upgraded guns, etc. Am i better off smashing out every side mission and then going back to finish?
Kind of. You can if you want to make the ending easy. After you do the final mission it asks if you want to play on. If you choose "yes", it takes you back to just before the last mission then you can do all the side stuff and do the last mission again.

Btw, there's a bunch of stuff done during the game that alters the ending (like saving Takahashi during the fire). But if you're at the last mission then it's too late to change those things.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kind of. You can if you want to make the ending easy. After you do the final mission it asks if you want to play on. If you choose "yes", it takes you back to just before the last mission then you can do all the side stuff and do the last mission again.

Btw, there's a bunch of stuff done during the game that alters the ending (like saving Takahashi during the fire). But if you're at the last mission then it's too late to change those things.
I could save him? ha, not that i would've after he turned he rejected me. Okay that's cool, i'm just going to mess around some more than get back to it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I could save him? ha, not that i would've after he turned he rejected me. Okay that's cool, i'm just going to mess around some more than get back to it.
I found out that you could save him after I finished the game. There's about 10 different endings and only one true "good" ending. And to get the "good" ending you need to save him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I found out that you could save him after I finished the game. There's about 10 different endings and only one true "good" ending. And to get the "good" ending you need to save him.
Well i'll just start all over again wont i haha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Is 'instant game response' just ALLM? PS5 just updated it a few days ago and only just realised it pop up on my screen. Does this mean anything for me? I already manually adjusted my settings when i got the TV and it always automatically switched over to them it when i put the PS5 on.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Is 'instant game response' just ALLM? PS5 just updated it a few days ago and only just realised it pop up on my screen. Does this mean anything for me? I already manually adjusted my settings when i got the TV and it always automatically switched over to them it when i put the PS5 on.
Yeah. Basically the same thing. You don't really need to do anything. This just makes it work better.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
hey guys,
do any of you tech nerd own a computer store? i need a gaming computer set up for my son for his birthday

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe is the man you want.

I got mine custom made from https://microcomp.com.au/
Microcomp are good. I usually encourage people to buy the parts and build the computer themselves, but it's not much more expensive to get a computer store to do it for you. If you look out for specials you can usually get it cheaper than parts. Keep an eye on Ozbargain.

For example, Momo recently had a deal on a really good pre-built PC

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are more and more gaming PC's coming with DVD drives? I think it pay to buy a USB DVD burner so your all your bases are covered when changing rigs.