Official Round 4 v Storm Match Discussion

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The talk about Ava being "Versatile" has me worried. The bloke is an out-and-out middle - surely he isn't going to come in and get minutes on an edge? At this point, I would tolerate Josh Jackson or Joe Stimson in the right second row.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, bro ur kidding right ? A bad feeling? Let’s look at it .. couldn’t beat donkeys or manly, only just got it over cowboys,

Storm are the masters, they are the benchmark and always have been, if we had to grind and defend the whole second half against a shit manly team, we have no chance at all. They will walk all over the fox,we won’t be able to grind and hold them out like we did manly. We are going to get smashed this week and v panthers next, and Will be with tigers joint 16th or worse by round 5 , and that’s if the tigers don’t jag just 1. Our +\- will be fucked once again. No top 8, and I’m always optimistic.. but let’s face facts. We are done.!!

anyone of you believe different are fucking kidding yourselves .. see sense god damn it.
.!!
Unless you had sky high expectations it was always going to be a rough start given the draw and making the 8 wasn't really on the cards for mine.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, bbo hasn’t been able to do much, the platform hasn’t been there for his skills. I’d probably rather a bigger bodied cook

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BBO should get a spell in reserve grade, give him some minutes in the halves. Can't keep him on the bench for a month playing limited minutes.
To be honest, if Coach Fucknuckle is going away from the Averillo/Burton combo after only 2 weeks I would prefer he throws BBO the 7 (and leave him there) put Averillo at centre and move Naden to the wing. Wakeham is better as a rotation because he is not an 80 min option, so him and JMK share the 9.

Simples.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, bro ur kidding right ? A bad feeling? Let’s look at it .. couldn’t beat donkeys or manly, only just got it over cowboys,

Storm are the masters, they are the benchmark and always have been, if we had to grind and defend the whole second half against a shit manly team, we have no chance at all. They will walk all over the fox,we won’t be able to grind and hold them out like we did manly. We are going to get smashed this week and v panthers next, and Will be with tigers joint 16th or worse by round 5 , and that’s if the tigers don’t jag just 1. Our +\- will be fucked once again. No top 8, and I’m always optimistic.. but let’s face facts. We are done.!!

anyone of you believe different are fucking kidding yourselves .. see sense god damn it.
.!!
You are always optimistic ??

Could have fooled me. Not many people gave us a remote chance last week. We were playing a Manly side who were 0-2 and were desperate for a win. It was their first game back at Brooky for ages and they unveiled the Bob Fulton stand.

We should have won the game despite being $4 outsiders. Yes Manly played crap but they have won plenty of games at Brooky when they have played crap.

People are entitled to their opinions but guys like yourself and Mutt Dafty shouldnt be calling other supporters with differing views idiots or telling us we are kidding ourselves. Am pretty sure you wouldnt get on here and call yourself an idiot if we beat the storm.

No one on here has played or coached at an elite level.

Apart from Isaac and Dave Holland of course..

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do we think Gus will end up replacing Baz with? It's only a matter of time, right?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

.!!
your one of the most optimistic blokes on here Scoooby yet sound how I feel sinse last weekends loss.
Not much we can do but sit back, watch and let it unfold.
Hopefully we somehow jag a win in the coming weeks to give us something to cheer about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be honest, if Coach Fucknuckle is going away from the Averillo/Burton combo after only 2 weeks I would prefer he throws BBO the 7 (and leave him there) put Averillo at centre and move Naden to the wing. Wakeham is better as a rotation because he is not an 80 min option, so him and JMK share the 9.

Simples.
Don't rush him, will just be more of the same if we do.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not many people gave us a remote chance last week. We were playing a Manly side who were 0-2 and were desperate for a win. It was their first game back at Brooky for ages and they unveiled the Bob Fulton stand.

We should have won the game despite being $4 outsiders. Yes Manly played crap but they have won plenty of games at Brooky when they have played crap.
Speak for yourself bud, I backed them.

Image1648532187.404526.jpg

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The talk about Ava being "Versatile" has me worried. The bloke is an out-and-out middle - surely he isn't going to come in and get minutes on an edge? At this point, I would tolerate Josh Jackson or Joe Stimson in the right second row.
Agree, we are well stocked with middle forwards. All of which are out and out middles. We are so thin on the ground on edge backrowers that they start looking at players who should never be seen on an edge to play there.

They should be looking at NSW Cup for actual edge backrowers.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Trent is such an idiot....playing a gun middle at 12, and a back rower in Thompson at starting prop, moving our best centre to the wing so Schoupp can play when he has two better options to play outside Burns in Naden and Okunbor. He's obviously Hell bend on making the Naden/ JAC partnership work....only problem is, so far it has looked like complete garbage..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol you lost me there with that comment, he has never played second row in his whole career, always a middle

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trent is such an idiot....playing a gun middle at 12, and a back rower in Thompson at starting prop, moving our best centre to the wing so Schoupp can play when he has two better options to play outside Burns in Naden and Okunbor. He's obviously Hell bend on making the Naden/ JAC partnership work....only problem is, so far it has looked like complete garbage..
thommo has never played second row flange, always been a middle