How long will Wakeham last at 7?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree we need a 7 but like i've said numerous times Jake is the best we have in this moment. No one can say with a straight face that the team and Burton looked better off with the change we made today. Structure is also an issue and it's again something i've been saying forever, if we don;t have an on the ball halfback then don't try to play with one.
I agree that just jake is the best we have...that is the problem though. We will never ice those games without a real 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree that just jake is the best we have...that is the problem though. We will never ice those games without a 7
So what do we do? Just shuffle shit every couple of games? There was a reason Baz made the call to start with Averillo yet he bottled it and went away from it after only 2 games. You stick with Jake and continue building off the positive signs we saw in the first 2 games. If he gets there then great, if not then we continue developing from within and monitor the market. Baz is only digging his own grave with decisions like this and his decision to play a certain way despite not having the right roster.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that just jake is the best we have...that is the problem though. We will never ice those games without a real 7
Best we have? I think Wakeham showed more promise in his first game than Averillo has over last season. Averillo trained all preseason with Burton and combining with him and he still couldn’t get it right on the paddock. I’m telling ya if Wakes stays on and doesn’t get smashed in the head we could’ve won. The HIA shook us up badly and we didn’t have enough experience to combat that.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what do we do? Just shuffle shit every couple of games? There was a reason Baz made the call to start with Averillo yet he bottled it and went away from it after only 2 games. You stick with Jake and continue building off the positive signs we saw in the first 2 games. If he gets there then great, if not then we continue developing from within and monitor the market. Baz is only digging his own grave with decisions like this and his decision to play a certain way despite not having the right roster.
Not at all. Baz should of shuffled shit in the pre season and worked out the best match for Burton. Our problem us there is no one on the top 30 who can play 7.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The move we should be making is moving burton to 7 and Averillo back in at 6. Let burton move closer to the ruck and run eveything Averillo and stay a little wider. Yes Burton is a five eighth I know this.. but it needs to be done if we don’t want to waste this season. And a halfback is needed to be bought on the market because clearly we don’t have one

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best we have? I think Wakeham showed more promise in his first game than Averillo has over last season. Averillo trained all preseason with Burton and combining with him and he still couldn’t get it right on the paddock. I’m telling ya if Wakes stays on and doesn’t get smashed in the head we could’ve won. The HIA shook us up badly and we didn’t have enough experience to combat that.
I think Wakeham is too slow and defends too poorly to be a solid 7 at first grade. He can't attack the line. He played more of a 7 style game then avo bevause avo is not a natural 7. I reckon Rajab is our best option at present and he is nowhere near ready

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was really happy with his game tonight all things considered.
I usually not his biggest fan, but he was really good in patches tonight.
I think he could really build on that performance.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
LOL THE CLUTCHING BRAH

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not at all. Baz should of shuffled shit in the pre season and worked out the best match for Burton. Our problem us there is no one on the top 30 who can play 7.
Yes. but like i said why try to play like that? Why is Burton glued to the edge all game getting a touch towards the backend of a set? It's stupid. Look at the Sharks with Hynes and Moylan, both halves are playing both sides and on the ball. Hynes is sweeping out the back on both edges like a fullback at times and then other times he's at the ruck playing on the ball with Moylan sweeping. The pressure isn't all on the one half and their mixing things up allowing both to play their natural games at certain times.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The move we should be making is moving burton to 7 and Averillo back in at 6. Let burton move closer to the ruck and run eveything Averillo and stay a little wider. Yes Burton is a five eighth I know this.. but it needs to be done if we don’t want to waste this season. And a halfback is needed to be bought on the market because clearly we don’t have one
Burtons best asset is his running game and step. I think you take that away by moving him closer to the ruck and adding the responsibility of organising the team

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. but like i said why try to play like that? Why is Burton glued to the edge all game getting a touch towards the backend of a set? It's stupid. Look at the Sharks with Hynes and Moylan, both halves are playing both sides and on the ball. Hynes is sweeping out the back on both edges like a fullback at times and then other times he's at the ruck playing on the ball with Moylan sweeping. The pressure isn't all on the one half and their mixing things up allowing both to play their natural games at certain times.
Cause they HAVE A PROPER COACH!! Plus Hynes is a natural half. Averillo is a manufactured half. You’re not comparing Averillo to Hynes are you? Cause then THATS. CLUTCHING BRAHH

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cause they HAVE A PROPER COACH!! Plus Hynes is a natural half. Averillo is a manufactured half. You’re not comparing Averillo to Hynes are you? Cause then THATS. CLUTCHING BRAHH
clutch my balls, gently

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved his energy until he took that knock, but it did all seem to be disorganised. Is this why Burton had his worst game of the season so far (albeit from only 3 games)?