Opinion It's in front of us and we cannot see it

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Has he laughing face? Honestly you can say he has? Fukin BS. Probably can't do better but hasn't been given the same opportunities or endless chances.

Where's your thread admitting you were fukin wrong about Dufty? Gone silent on that one haven't you, think you know fukin everything but full of shite!! Then come out with your negative thread when all off season you were like a child. Spare me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has he laughing face? Honestly you can say he has? Fukin BS. Probably can't do better but hasn't been given the same opportunities or endless chances.

Where's your thread admitting you were fukin wrong about Dufty? Gone silent on that one haven't you, think you know fukin everything but full of shite!! Then come out with your negative thread when all off season you were like a child. Spare me.
English, please.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Flanagan was one of last years duds though. If he was in the team now he'd be worse than Averillo. If people want to make a case for anyone to replace Averillo, it should be for Wakeham who looked great in Reserves last week and seems to have improved over the offseason unlike Flanagan.
Yep totally agree, he was shite. Even in reggies. However he's here, we have fuk all options so why not give him a few games to see? Then we know either way 100%.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep totally agree, he was shite. Even in reggies. However he's here, we have fuk all options so why not give him a few games to see? Then we know ither way 100%.
If they do make a change from Averillo in a few weeks it's way more likely Wakeham and BBO are picked before Flanagan based everything we've seen in the preseason and trials

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
'Has he laughing face' brah, wtf is that?
Has he been given the same opportunities as the previously mentioned other players ....brah?

That's it, all you got out of that? No Dufty admission etc etc

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If they do make a change from Averillo in a few weeks it's way more likely Wakeham and BBO are picked before Flanagan based everything we've seen in the preseason and trials
Yeah Flanno clearly has a line through his name!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The continual hard on and obsession for Flanagan by a section of fans is worse than the Lewis era which is now thankfully over. I don't know why people think that these sorts of players just need one more chance when they've proven time and again that they aren't FG standard.

The fact that Lewis isn't playing anywhere and no club has signed Flanagan proves that other clubs don't think they're First Graders either and how delusional those that think they're good players are..
The King is dead...long live the King 2(Flanno)....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Flanagan? Yes and if anything he was given the best chance out of anyone. Read my other comment in the thread. There's also a thing called training that some of our fans forget exists. We as fans might only see them on matchday but Baz and his staff see them almost daily. These decisions aren't made out of thin air and what happens at training plays a major part...you don't give players a turn in the NRL just because lol.

Dufty has done well so far, better than i expected but is still poor in areas i was concerned about. Nothing shockingly bad like at the Dragons yet.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think Baz got it wrong with Flanno and now realises. It would be worse if he stubbornly persevered with him. He was given some homework last year and he didn’t do it. Unless we got well beaten the first 2 rounds I don’t think you change the team.. particularly the spine.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the post is embarrassing, every day we get a similar post, surely the mods can drop them all into one post?
Embarrassing?

Who the fuck do you think you are, belittling every poster who does not align with your thoughts....

Go fuck yourself you dumb dog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chill for a few more rounds yet guys, Barrett is not going throw the whole preseason training away after 2 games. None of the 3 alternatives to Averillo, Wakeham, BBO or Flanagan, will fit the backline structure that we have trained to. We are playing 2 x wide, running halves so get used to it.

Always a Bulldog
they dont understand that mate

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan has been on the reserve list for NRL every game so far this season. That doesn't look like a red line to me.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has played ok in the first two reserve grade games, however Wakeham outperformed him in both games.

If they didn't have numbers on their backs it would have been hard to tell which was the half and which was 5/8 - they actually play well together

Major difference is Wakeham takes on the line in attack and is a more courageous defender.

From my observations both have greatly benefited from the service they are getting from Cook.

Until Flanagan is prepared to take the ball to the line he will not be effective in the NRL - he poses no running threat to the defence, so his support runners will always be squeezed - Trent Hodkinson use to do it on one leg.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We missed out on everyone who was available now there is no one so we need to find someone within the club. Avo, Wakeham and even Flanno will all get a run at some point and that’s not even taking injuries into account.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan? Yes and if anything he was given the best chance out of anyone. Read my other comment in the thread. There's also a thing called training that some of our fans forget exists. We as fans might only see them on matchday but Baz and his staff see them almost daily. These decisions aren't made out of thin air and what happens at training plays a major part...you don't give players a turn in the NRL just because lol.

Dufty has done well so far, better than i expected but is still poor in areas i was concerned about. Nothing shockingly bad like at the Dragons yet.
Exactly. There's a constant depth chart in every coaches mind that's determined by a season plus of games and months of training. Baz has made it clear that Flanagan is near the bottom of the depth chart and it's not like Flanagan has done anything with us to show that he should be ranked any higher.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly. There's a constant depth chart in every coaches mind that's determined by a season plus of games and months of training. Baz has made it clear that Flanagan is near the bottom of the depth chart and it's not like Flanagan has done anything with us to show that he should be ranked any higher.
so tell me why people still want him in the team FMD :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat: