Broncos should’ve had 2 tries Disallowed

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just had a look at the press conference and Baz highlighted the fact that the strip on burns was held and the second farnworth try from the scrum was an obstruction and is seeking explanation from the Nrl… I had a look at the footages again and hes right… especially the obstruction.. burns was denied an opportunity to slide which left okunbor stranded

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just had a look at the press conference and Baz highlighted the fact that the strip on burns was held and the second farnworth try from the scrum was an obstruction and is seeking explanation from the Nrl… I had a look at the footages again and hes right… especially the obstruction.. burns was denied an opportunity to slide which left okunbor stranded
He’s 100 percent right about that. We played well and deserved the win tonight. We’re absolutely robbed. Fucking ref wouldn’t even have a look when our players claimed to have scored.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to learn to take the opportunity from the ref to influence the results. Tonight showed we are heading in the right direction.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to turn it around, if Burns got up and run do you think the ref would have called play on?
If they let go? Yeah, it would be fine. Because he wasn't on the ground.

The ball was stripped while he was still partially standing. If he's on the ground then it's held. Not doubt about it. But if he's still above the ground then it's up to the ref if he's held or not.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Play isn't held until the ref calls held. It can be annoying but it comes down to when the ref calls held and that's all there is to it.
If the player is not going to be allowed to get up and run again, the tackle is complete. Yes, it’s down to the ref’s call, but it was clearly the wrong call.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didn’t even show replays of the obstruction bunker just approved it. Rigged shit

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

The ball was stripped while he was still partially standing. If he's on the ground then it's held. Not doubt about it. But if he's still above the ground then it's up to the ref if he's held or not.
His arse was kissing the grass, mate.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but surely you can’t strip the ball from a player on the ground while you got hold of him.
Was he on the ground?

I could be remembering wrong but I thought he was still up. Sure, his legs were bent, but his body was up so he's not on the ground. Unless I'm remembering wrong?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From what I saw Burns' forearm was on the ground while he still had the ball and while being touched by a defender which should mean any strip would be a penalty because the tackle is complete at that point.

If Burns tried to offload from that position, it'd be a penalty against him. A split second later he gets stripped, so its a close call in real time. But the bunker should have seen his forearm on the ground slightly before he was stripped.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You have more faith in the refs than me.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor is a liability in defence & his deficiencies are killing us. The Broncos knew it, they attacked it and come up trumps.

That's why we lost.

Enter Gus.
He’s a massive liability. Teams will continually attack his side every week until he’s gone. I’m far more comfortable with Allen there. Allen will do a good job on the wing and can cover fullback if Dufty ever gets injured during the game. Just need TBaz to wake up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, watching the replay, his but hits the ground just before the ball is stripped.

Unfortunately under the rules, that's still doesn't count as held as the ball playing arm didn't touch the ground. If that happened near the try line, the dogs player broke his arm free, reached over and put the ball down, it would be a try.

If the ball carrying arm (or ball) touches the ground while an opposition player is touching him. That's 100% held. If he's on the ground with ball playing arm touching the ball and momentum stops, then it's technically held if the ref calls it.

In this case his bum hit the ground, ball got stopped. Rules don't say that's held so there's nothing we can do about it. Just unlucky.