Official Brothers, Lets Trot!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a 21 year lease on Belmore Sports Ground which started in 2012 after the refurbishments. Sydney Olympic has a sub lease.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People entitled to their oponion but we have to realise the Bulldogs are striving to be a national brand and have mass appeal to the general public and the Club obviously has a problem with using our jerseys etc in this type of video.

Really when you analyse the message in the video, (for the public not understanding Leb culture/sense of humour, and young guys gangsta culture).... (or whatever you want to call it) the video does look like it is objectifing and stereotyping Leb culture and also females.

I personally was concerned about the ho type cheerleader stereotype. The My Fat Wedding stereotype is funny but that head cheerleader being salacious wearing a Bulldogs emblem really offended me as an older Bulldogs female fan and I'm personally glad the Club has come out and distanced themselves from the impression that it may have been officially ok'd by our Administration.

I stopped watching as my heart dropped realising that yet again, we'd have another Bulldogs bashing excuse by the media.

It's not the way forward in 2022 for a professional sports team trying so hard to improve it's image and re-establish itself as a professional broad appeal sports team and sponsors would be concerned as well I guess to be associated with the images.

Just my opinion as an older fan and I have no problem with those who disagree...just wanting to put another perspective on this issue bc we all want what's best for the Club.

The Club has got on the front foot to distance themselves so I think they've done what they can to alleviate any backlash of some people directly connecting the club to the private video.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People entitled to their oponion but we have to realise the Bulldogs are striving to be a national brand and have mass appeal to the general public and the Club obviously has a problem with using our jerseys etc in this type of video.

Really when you analyse the message in the video, (for the public not understanding Leb culture/sense of humour, and young guys gangsta culture).... (or whatever you want to call it) the video does look like it is objectifing and stereotyping Leb culture and also females.

I personally was concerned about the ho type cheerleader stereotype. The My Fat Wedding stereotype is funny but that head cheerleader being salacious wearing a Bulldogs emblem really offended me as an older Bulldogs female fan and I'm personally glad the Club has come out and distanced themselves from the impression that it may have been officially ok'd by our Administration.

I stopped watching as my heart dropped realising that yet again, we'd have another Bulldogs bashing excuse by the media.

It's not the way forward in 2022 for a professional sports team trying so hard to improve it's image and re-establish itself as a professional broad appeal sports team and sponsors would be concerned as well I guess to be associated with the images.

Just my opinion as an older fan and I have no problem with those who disagree...just wanting to put another perspective on this issue bc we all want what's best for the Club.
Completely valid, while I find the clip stupid and stereo typical (I'm Lebanese) It's more cringe than anything else.

Saying that I can see why the club wants to distance themselves from it which is valid, I just don't see why the integrity unit needs to be involved and I think the club is over stepping here.

Every other club gets attention they don't want its just that the Dogs seem to have it linger for 10x as long. I can picture Buz already writing his bullshit now saying that the Dogs endorsed a video that's sexist etc.

Fox is promoting his brand but it could have been done so much better than this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Completely valid, while I find the clip stupid and stereo typical (I'm Lebanese) It's more cringe than anything else.

Saying that I can see why the club wants to distance themselves from it which is valid, I just don't see why the integrity unit needs to be involved and I think the club is over stepping here.

Fox is promoting his brand but it could have been done so much better than this.
Yeah that's my problem with it.

It's cheap and nasty and who needs the stereotyping we all hate when it's turned back on us :(

The Club recognises our locals in a respectful way. They had the drums at the 2022 Launch in a guard of honour kinda thing for the boys introducing them so there's no denying our ethnic base or trying to homogenize the fan base by the Club.

That video was Chris Lilley cringe in 2022. Fair enough do their thing but keep away from a multi million dollar footy team trying to gain a commercial foothold in rebranding. Crap like that sets us back.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that's my problem with it.

It's cheap and nasty and who needs the stereotyping we all hate when it's turned back on us :(

The Club recognises our locals in a respectful way. They had the drums at the 2022 Launch in a guard of honour kinda thing for the boys introducing so there's no denying our ethnic base or trying to homogenize the fan base by the Club.

That video was Chris Lilley cringe in 2022. Fair enough do their thing but ketp a multi million dollar footy team trying to gain a commercial foothold in rebranding. Crap like that sets us back.
Has zero production value and does nothing to endorse the dogs, if it was done right with taste it could have only help the club.

I praise the club for supporting its fan base as it does all that clip does for me is give ammo to the people that hold racist views of the dogs and many do.

If I were Fox I would have made the clip with the aboriginal rapper who did a clip during the 2021 season, that would have been a very effective way to show case his brand and bring a new demographic to the dogs that we never had.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has zero production value and does nothing to endorse the dogs, if it was done right with taste it could have only help the club.

I praise the club for supporting its fan base as it does all that clip does for me is give ammo to the people that hold racist views of the dogs and many do.
Agree 100%.
We need that kinda cheapar$e coverage like a whole in the head.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know who these guys are, so my only question is are they comedians and this is a comedy sketch or are they legit "musicians"?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel like watching that clip destroyed brain cells. I think it's been posted here to secure hits on YouTube.

Aside from glorifying school dropouts and the fact that the teacher was tied up and the fact that they're poking crap at the head cheerleader a bit, it's not altogether offensive for any reason but that it's fucking annoying. I'd be surprised if there's actually an investigation by the integrity unit. Could just be part of a strategy to grab attention.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I feel like watching that clip destroyed brain cells. I think it's been posted here to secure hits on YouTube.

Aside from glorifying school dropouts and the fact that the teacher was tied up and the fact that they're poking crap at the head cheerleader a bit, it's not altogether offensive for any reason but that it's fucking annoying. I'd be surprised if there's actually an investigation by the integrity unit. Could just be part of a strategy to grab attention.
It's offensive on a few levels. Just depends on your perspective.

Different people see various different messages. Not many positives.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's offensive on a few levels. Just depends on your perspective.

Different people see various different messages. Not many positives.
I agree with the club distancing themselves from this. It's just that I don't think it's refer to the integrity unit level offensive. It's probably most disturbing that it's started with what I'd assume are 20 something's playing the part of high school kids.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 things

1. Which dickhead is getting fired for not putting a review system in place with supporting legal documentation before official release

2. The club and society as a whole is totally delusional and naiive af if they don't already know this is basically high school teenage life in western Sydney.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with the club distancing themselves from this. It's just that I don't think it's refer to the integrity unit level offensive. It's probably most disturbing that it's started with what I'd assume are 20 something's playing the part of high school kids.
We don't know the level of blow back the Club has received. Probably them reporting to the Integrity Comn is to cover themselves and make it look like they are concerned at any reputational damage.

Probably Warby and Board just being professional about it and putting it at arms length by shovelling it along.

We still don't know if the Club are real happy with Fox either or whether he knew of the extent of his involvement?

We all know every single bit of "news" involving the Dogs is blown out of all proportion....watch them have an hour long special investigation edition on NRL 360 tonight lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not into rap but i love it !!!!!
Everybody was kung fu fighting..... I love it too kung fu man. It's just a bit of fun. I swear this world has gone nuts with their political correctness. Lets Trott.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont think there is much in this. Clip is pretty tame compared to most music. I'm a hip hop head and quality of the song is pretty poor but young people from SW Sydney may like it for a bit...there are some funny parts. IMO, its good to see some young fellas in doggies gear. 90s and early 00s they were everywhere, now days your hard pressed to see anyone under 40.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont think there is much in this. Clip is pretty tame compared to most music. I'm a hip hop head and quality of the song is pretty poor but young people from SW Sydney may like it for a bit...there are some funny parts. IMO, its good to see some young fellas in doggies gear. 90s and early 00s they were everywhere, now days your hard pressed to see anyone under 40.
Most music these days has half naked chicks with their arses hanging out and people are pressed about this

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't know the level of blow back the Club has received. Probably them reporting to the Integrity Comn is to cover themselves and make it look like they are concerned at any reputational damage.

Probably Warby and Board just being professional about it and putting it at arms length by shovelling it along.

We still don't know if the Club are real happy with Fox either or whether he knew of the extent of his involvement?

We all know every single bit of "news" involving the Dogs is blown out of all proportion....watch them have an hour long special investigation edition on NRL 360 tonight lol
Melborne has a drug culture
The Roosters cheating culture
Manly an inbred culture
Newcastle a bogan culture
Bronkos a pampered culture
sharks a peptide culture, yet a group of arabs get together and have a bit of fun and everyone seem to have a problem with it. Who ever has a problem with it can go screw themselves and for the record I am not an arab. We played good, they played shit, Yallah Brothers, LETS TROTT!!!! :grinning: