Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Malla

Reaction score
They offloaded more than Cows even with the rain. Could have tightened it up with short chain passing when that was on.

Offloads backing up each other to feature more in every game plan which is part of Bulldogs DNA as @Ant2611 said also and a close running forward there to take the pass which we haven't prioritised at present.

Small steps I guess but it is a fairly simple tactic to implement backing up offloads and chain passing.

We have the players now, or can turn them into it. Maybe Waddles could develop his game onto a tight running 2ndrower bc it looks like he will be there, or there abouts, with Hetho, till Kik arrives.
Agree with all the above but I will say I saw a lot more of our backs pushing up through the middle. We haven’t seen that in years lol when dufty made a break up the guts, JAC was right there. JMK broke through the middle and JAC was there just a shame he dropped it. Lacking the polish to finish these line breaks off but I’ve really like what I have seen

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do not be surprised if we start like this
8 Pangai jnr
9 JMK
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Waddell
13 Jackson

14 BBO
15 Thompson
16 Seumanufagai
17 King
Na TPJ will start on the edge, maybe shift into the middle during the game when Waddell comes on.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying they're worried about Staggs and/or Cobbo; I'm not because we've got the Foxx bruh! Bit worried about Naden though. He stuffed up at least once last week. Good thing with the Foxx though, is his pace means he can cover some misses infield.

The thing that worries me most is TPJ and/or penalties and bins in general. I reckon we match or beat them in all positions, so it's just a matter of completing well and minimising errors. Both teams are fairly even so it will just come down to who stuffs up more imo.

Broncos weren't impressive in their match. They played some good footy but only constructed one try. The other was an interception. Like us they got close to scoring a couple more, but we played in terrible conditions whereas they didn't. Fatigue is also a concern and they get 2 days extra recovery, but at least we don't have to travel.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People saying they're worried about Staggs and/or Cobbo; I'm not because we've got the Foxx bruh! Bit worried about Naden though. He stuffed up at least once last week. Good thing with the Foxx though, is his pace means he can cover some misses infield.

The thing that worries me most is TPJ and/or penalties and bins in general. I reckon we match or beat them in all positions, so it's just a matter of completing well and minimising errors. Both teams are fairly even so it will just come down to who stuffs up more imo.

Broncos weren't impressive in their match. They played some good footy but only constructed one try. The other was an interception. Like us they got close to scoring a couple more, but we played in terrible conditions whereas they didn't. Fatigue is also a concern and they get 2 days extra recovery, but at least we don't have to travel.
Do you think us having the tougher game will be to our advantage?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think us having the tougher game will be to our advantage?
No, but in a way yes it may. No because many of our guys were absolutely buggered. It was a real slugfest. But yes in the confidence and unity they would have gained from toughing it out together. They know they've got each others backs. Broncos didn't have much competition from a very average Souths, so their resolve wasn't really tested.

The fatigue we have from the game shouldn't be a problem though, because like I said it's a short bus ride to the ground for us and a week since we last played. Broncos get 2 days more recovery but have to travel down to Sydney, so it evens out.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The broncs played pretty well but souths made them look good too. Staggs was one of their worst which worries me, and we need to contain Cobbo. Also get up on Hass like we handled JT.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been a really good find. He's off contract after this year so we need to extended him asap.
We do Indeed but I also think he is pretty grateful at the opportunity we(gus)gave him so I'd be hoping he re-signs without a second thought.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we win this one , watch out. The boys will be super confident heading into the harder matches.

It was quite scrappy last week and glad we got the win. It could mean that our stronger, prettier performance will be this week against the broncs . JaC must score you would think