Opinion Sean O'Sullivan

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeo and Kikau destroyed Manly tonight and the Panthers FB was able to capitalise by backing up and being on the spot.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Panthers second string HB, better than what we have had the last 10 years......

Every kick was on point and the bloke aint scared to run at the line

Get it done Gus
I said the same thing 3 weeks ago. He surely isn't the best half back in the game not even close but he looks better than any half we have. Of cause being hypothetical....O'Sullivan may not be the half the kennel wants, but he may be the half we need. At least until another JT comes along :grinning:

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knew this thread was coming LOL he was playing in the team that literally won the comp last year
True but you didn't see him sherk his responsibilities did you. His kicks in general play we effective, he ran at the line, he even stood his ground as the opposition belted him. You did not see him crawl back into his shell unlike some of our players.....I don't care to mention names but honestly apart from Burton none of our halves come close to Sean atleast based on intestinal fortitude. After growing up following the likes of Steve Mortimer,Terry Lamb, Brent Sherwin and Craig Polla-Mounter IMO O'Sullivan is an average half but he is better than anything we have bar Burton. That says a lot because being a die hard Doggies fan I support whom ever wears our jersey, even if I don't agree with our coach and his selections. The trueth is besides Burton I don't rate any of our halves. As they say winners are grinners and the rest can please themselves.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was actually ok at roosters, and they won games with him at half. But they had Walker coming through and he was superfluous. But he went downhill after a couple of ok matches for us.
Flano started going down hill the moment he got bullied by the opposition and he cracked the moment our team looked at him for direction. He couldn't take the heat and his game fell apart. By saying Kyle lacks confidence, it is just a nicer way of saying that his game has turned to shit.

Last edited:

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved his work. Should get Gus to have an interview and say “We’d have him in a heartbeat”. Like Alexander

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I noticed was that both teams last night were moving - FAST - all the time, and MAKING THE BALL DO THE WORK.
They had BACK UP PLAYERS IN MOTION all the time, LOOKING FOR THE BALL.

Everything they did last night was alien to the Bulldogs. If the Cowboys play half as well as the losing side, Manly, and we play twice as well as we did against the Sharks, we might keep our loss to a respectable score.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you have forwards that lay the platform and nearly outrun the opposition forwards 2:1 you can be sure any one who can throw a spiral cut-out will look like Andrew Johns.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
This week's Nominee is = Sean " i had one good game and every village idiot wants to sign me" O'sullivan

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers second string HB, better than what we have had the last 10 years......

Every kick was on point and the bloke aint scared to run at the line

Get it done Gus
I’m sure Panthers would agree to a swap with Burton….FFS.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What I noticed was that both teams last night were moving - FAST - all the time, and MAKING THE BALL DO THE WORK.
They had BACK UP PLAYERS IN MOTION all the time, LOOKING FOR THE BALL.

Everything they did last night was alien to the Bulldogs. If the Cowboys play half as well as the losing side, Manly, and we play twice as well as we did against the Sharks, we might keep our loss to a respectable score.
Someone there to off load to, looked like darn near every contact. Their running game and backing up was incredible, but so much possession. Didn't let themselves get dominated in the tackles and found their front quickly with fast ptb and creative dummy half play. A real pity we missed out on Korisau few years back.

Certainly had the ref onside in most aspects but all in all a very impressive first up game from them.

One day hopefully soonish we will get to that standard.

Malla

Reaction score
Sullivan was bad in the second half. Would rather buy a dick pump and pump my dick up so I can fuck myself than seeing Sullivan at the Dogs