Ryan Sutton To The Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson is getting to the same stage as us Bulldogs supporters, farkin sick and tired of getting penalised out of games before half time. So he is doing the best he can to at least get us a penalty, because like us he knows that it is impossible to win a game when the opposition get awarded back to back, to back, to back, penalties and you get nothing until too late in the game.

And don't pull the "we have poor discipline" bullshit, blind freddy can see that we get penalised time after time for stuff that other teams do far more often and far more blatantly.

Always a Bulldog
Jackson is a non existent leader out on the field, not worth the $$$ and not good enough to be a key player.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson is getting to the same stage as us Bulldogs supporters, farkin sick and tired of getting penalised out of games before half time. So he is doing the best he can to at least get us a penalty, because like us he knows that it is impossible to win a game when the opposition get awarded back to back, to back, to back, penalties and you get nothing until too late in the game.

And don't pull the "we have poor discipline" bullshit, blind freddy can see that we get penalised time after time for stuff that other teams do far more often and far more blatantly.

Always a Bulldog
I agree, it's just that we get penalised or six against in crucial 'arm wrestle' moments. Discipline isn't only about penalties, could be a drop ball, soft missed tackle, or poor kick. Last season we put ourselves in an ok position then the game runs away and they give up and the ref balances out the penalty count to look fair.

Whether or not the game or ref is against us, the players must try harder to not let these things happen. I watch other games too, can see other teams get away with things but it is what it is, Dogs players have to try harder, be as professional as possible. It's a mentality thing.

League aint easy but small things go a long way. Go for a charge down instead of tackling the downtown kicker. Get square at marker. Make the ten meters. Don't flop. Bend your back and tackle.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
im a jacko fan also and he wont be going anywhere. But he did give away 2 poor play the ball penalties but that is easily fixed, he was trying to hard to get a quick the ball.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Totally agree mate,you only have to look at how long we get held down in a tackle compared to other teams,we never get on the front foot because opposition teams are always set in defence while we are always back peddling due to their faster play the ball. We try and slow them down and seem to get penalised way to often.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan and dufty should be resigned next, chanel harris tevita might be worth grabbing also

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder who goes, Thompson or Vaughan. To be honest, we are not getting value for what Thompson is on. Imagine if we can get Vaughan and Sutton for the price of Thompson.
Yeah I believe this is the thinking. Thommo is also a massive liability with his record, particularly given the $$$$ he is on. We can’t keep him, TPJ & Heatho….we could very well have half the forwards on the sideline for for large parts of the season due to suspensions..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I agree. Every game it feels like we aren't meant to win. It's beyond a joke now. We get reffed out of matches no matter who is on the roster. Hope Gus is having a few words with the NRL higher ups about it. 9/10 our penalties are due to Reff biased against us. It's been a problem since the 2012 grand final and like you I am sick of it.

Also in the words of my father: You get a gold star for that.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Totally agree mate,you only have to look at how long we get held down in a tackle compared to other teams,we never get on the front foot because opposition teams are always set in defence while we are always back peddling due to their faster play the ball. We try and slow them down and seem to get penalised way to often.
Jacko is a bit too obvious in slowing the ptb and sails pretty close to the wind. Our guys "look" obvious at times and aren't subtle enough in their technique.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take on 2023..... yes I know it's only 2022.
Fowards - I'd move on Jackson, Hetherington, Vaughan, Stimson, RFM, Doorey and JMK.
Add Kikau, Sutton and another English backrower like Mike mcmeeken or Andre Savelio.
Halves - move on Wakeham and Flanagan.
There's no good halves on the market So providing he has another good year and gets some games in nsw cup I'd be promoting Khaled Rajab.
Backs - move on Allen and Katoa.
Pending how Schoupp plays this year I'd look into Taylan May or Tolutau Koula.

1. MATT DUFTY
2. JOSH ADDO-CARR
3. AARON SCHOUPP / MAY / KOULA
4. PAUL ALAMOTI
5. BRENT NADEN
6. MATT BURTON
7. KHALED RAJAB
8. RYAN SUTTON
9. REED MAHONEY
10. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
11. VILIAME KIKAU
12. MIKE MCMEEKEN / ANDRE SAVELIO
13. LUKE THOMPSON

14. JAKE AVERILLO / BAILEY BIONDI-ODO
15. JACKSON TOPINE
16. CHRIS PATOLO
17. MAX KING

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My take on 2023..... yes I know it's only 2022.
Fowards - I'd move on Jackson, Hetherington, Vaughan, Stimson, RFM, Doorey and JMK.
Add Kikau, Sutton and another English backrower like Mike mcmeeken or Andre Savelio.
Halves - move on Wakeham and Flanagan.
There's no good halves on the market So providing he has another good year and gets some games in nsw cup I'd be promoting Khaled Rajab.
Backs - move on Allen and Katoa.
Pending how Schoupp plays this year I'd look into Taylan May or Tolutau Koula.

1. MATT DUFTY
2. JOSH ADDO-CARR
3. AARON SCHOUPP / MAY / KOULA
4. PAUL ALAMOTI
5. BRENT NADEN
6. MATT BURTON
7. KHALED RAJAB
8. RYAN SUTTON
9. REED MAHONEY
10. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
11. VILIAME KIKAU
12. MIKE MCMEEKEN / ANDRE SAVELIO
13. LUKE THOMPSON

14. JAKE AVERILLO / BAILEY BIONDI-ODO
15. JACKSON TOPINE
16. CHRIS PATOLO
17. MAX KING
Rajab isn't a halfback lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rajab isn't a halfback lol
And he has us signing Koula? Haha wtf.

Sutton seems like a smart buy. On his day Thommo is one of the best forwards. Pity that those days are few and far between, and he only has to look the wrong way and he gets suspended. If Sutton is to replace him or Jacko, I like it. We have at least the first part of the season to decide if we want to offer Vaughan an extension, but based on what we know now, I reckon he's the choice out of him and Thommo, if we had to make it. It's looking like Gus et al are trying to balance the cap spread and getting rid of the overpriced contracts, like Thommo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And he has us signing Koula? Haha wtf.

Sutton seems like a smart buy. On his day Thommo is one of the best forwards. Pity that those days are few and far between, and he only has to look the wrong way and he gets suspended. If Sutton is to replace him or Jacko, I like it. We have at least the first part of the season to decide if we want to offer Vaughan an extension, but based on what we know now, I reckon he's the choice out of him and Thommo, if we had to make it. It's looking like Gus et al are trying to balance the cap spread and getting rid of the overpriced contracts, like Thommo.
Sutton definitely jackson replacement, pack could look like 8 TPJ 9 Mahoney 10 Thompson 11 Kikau 12 ? 13 Sutton. Im looking at the off contract for backrowers for 2023 and i dont see the star ones like nikora, crighton leaving. Ryan matterson is the one i would go for and try not break the bank. Im sure we can pull something out of ass like we have done with kikau and mahoney.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sutton definitely jackson replacement, pack could look like 8 TPJ 9 Mahoney 10 Thompson 11 Kikau 12 ? 13 Sutton. Im looking at the off contract for backrowers for 2023 and i dont see the star ones like nikora, crighton leaving. Ryan matterson is the one i would go for and try not break the bank. Im sure we can pull something out of ass like we have done with kikau and mahoney.
I think we may try resign RFM on unders or maybe go with Doorey and get in the market for a solid half. Probably is there isn’t many available…

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he's a very workmanlike player but super consistent, fit and can play huge minutes. Can pass and offload a bit but he's not going to run through five defenders. He's similar to Paul Vaughan in terms of style of player. But probably with more consistent production and Sutton is a few years younger..
Testament to the Raiders pack and depth that Sutton struggled to secure a starting role there.