News Dogs’ face $1m problem: Every club’s biggest selection headache

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
we havnt even started the season, thats how stupid and uneducated they are. They are trial games and trial game are for a reason FMD
Hope your contention that the form is only trial form proves right.[/QUOTE]

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Averillo is the 7. Im sick of this conversation. Averillo should get the hate JMK deserves. Where are the JMK Hate threads that i never have seen ever. Where are the articles about his constant consistent trash he puts up every damn week. Dude is 25 and lets a 19 year old BBO look like the next best thing at hooker. The bloke has been playing for 5 years and he sucks, hasn’t improved and makes my eyes bleed. He misses tackles, has no iq, throws passes on tackle 5 to fucking forwards when jake and burton are screaming for the ball. Jake is 21, how is someone so young get so much heat, i have no fucking clue how this happens, no one else at any other fanbase does this, its sad :sob:. JMK is the problem, he needs to be the scapegoat ffs.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The completed sets didn't show the whole story.
Re-watch the games and check the stats. Lack of repeat sets or dangerous kicks and territory gain or long range kicks, Errors and penalties, especially errors and penalties in crucial moments, positioning, direction, misreads, techniques, all things that if improved on would've brought results. A lot of times we were in the games but managed to lose them through our own errs, individual brilliance will add more positives to our games, we have now potential for individual brilliance, but the team needs to work as team first and foremost. Takes time and stability. Once we're there we'd be competitive. Any coach will be aiming for this, we need to be stable as a club and fanbase, getting there...trust me I'm as frustrated as the next but we have to get it together, trust the new management.
You mentioned "positioning, direction, technique and individual brilliance".
How many of those attributes does Flanno have?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should offload Flanagan whichever way necessary and sign Madden before he gets a contract elsewhere..
I think he would gel well with Burton..
Averillo isn’t a half.
BBO will likely get his shot later in the season,but could also make a great 14.
Wakeham is the nsw cup 7 in my opinion.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I made this exact point about BBO earlier, he needs to be protected and people on here need accept that and stop demanding he gets thrown in to satisfy their need for change. It's like they learnt nothing from watching us the last couple of years.

Jake is a victim of circumstance, terrible roster management and poor decisions lead to him being rushed through the grades without proper development and thrown into a role he had basically no experience in. All these decisions have unfortunately meant Jake has become a bit of a sacrificial lamb for us. If the Dogs lose Jake gets blamed, if Burton doesn't perform Jake also gets blamed, if we don't score enough points Jake again gets blamed. He's going to get blamed for everything and he's just going to have to cop it because there's simply no one else that we can throw in at this stage. This could cost him his career if he doesn't overcome yet people on here are happy enough to do the exact same thing to another poor kid.
Im still on the Avo bus, but damn you make it hard..

we havnt even started the season, thats how stupid and uneducated they are. They are trial games and trial game are for a reason FMD
Sorry Steve, I disagree with this sentiment and so should you. After the last 6 years continual slide and god knows how many excuses ( roster, coaches, board, salary cap, CEO’s, etc etc) it’s not unfair to expect that the new shiney team and roster might give us all something to be encouraged about in either trial game…

We were rubbish and in an unprecedented move our Chairman has come out with a message and war cry to all to be patient. I am not uneducated or stupid and am seriously concerned about where we are at.

Time to be real and stop being supportive or positive “just because”…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Sorry Steve, I disagree with this sentiment and so should you. After the last 6 years continual slide and god knows how many excuses ( roster, coaches, board, salary cap, CEO’s, etc etc) it’s not unfair to expect that the new shiney team and roster might give us all something to be encouraged about in either trial game…

We were rubbish and in an unprecedented move our Chairman has come out with a message and war cry to all to be patient. I am not uneducated or stupid and am seriously concerned about where we are at.

I'm glad I make it hard ;)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

forget about the last 6 year, new team new players, first hit out together.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We team new players same unproven coach
agree the jury is out on TB, he is the biggest concern for the club going into next year imo

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cameron ciraldo or john morris come save this club.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cameron ciraldo or john morris come save this club.
Nah, fuck both of those. I would support Shane Flanagan now. He is the only genuine premiership winning coach out there and we need that sort of coach. A no Jnr Flange Clause and I am on board.
Gus will control him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, fuck both of those. I would support Shane Flanagan now. He is the only genuine premiership winning coach out there and we need that sort of coach. A no Jnr Flange Clause and I am on board.
Gus will control him.
I was so anti-Flanno but now it's getting to the point where Baz is so clueless that even Flanno is looking the better option. Flanno has form and did wonders at the sharks even if he was partaking in what's been deemed illegal activities LOL.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You mentioned "positioning, direction, technique and individual brilliance".
How many of those attributes does Flanno have?
I think I meant that "positioning, direction, technique" part in respect to the team, players, I wasn't really singling out a player.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was so anti-Flanno but now it's getting to the point where Baz is so clueless that even Flanno is looking the better option. Flanno has form and did wonders at the sharks even if he was partaking in what's been deemed illegal activities LOL.
I also want flanagan sr but i dont want flanagan to play only reason stoping me that i dont want.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think I meant that "positioning, direction, technique" part in respect to the team, players, I wasn't really singling out a player.
I'm of the opinion of loaning out our halves, they need game time. Any of them working with Stuart and Fogarty and another environment should benefit them.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I also want flanagan sr but i dont want flanagan to play only reason stoping me that i dont want.
i think all we need is a better defensive coach.
after watching the 2 trials im not sure they know what structure they have.
first trial both wingers, casey and Oki came up and in. Casey timed it on Ponga but Oki didnt and looked clueless.
2nd trial, Oki stayed on his man and did sliding defence when the centre got on the outside of Burnes.
I dont think they know wether to jam or slide, which comes back to the defensive structure.