Reaction score
So you’re saying barret is the only coach left in the entire footy world
We are stuck with him lol

try ciraldo
Justin morgan
Adrian lam
Neil henry

that’s just off the top of my head
I don't think Ciraldo would take the job. Are the others currently employed? They might be options but are they better options? Would they only be interim or would they be the head coach next year?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the jury is out, but he doesnt coach a 9-1 penalty count and unforced errors.
Doesn't he?
How about he drills it into these fucks that if you give away a penalty, you MAKE SURE you dont give away the next!

Its all about stopping momentum. We have a habit of compounding 1 problem with another. Before we know it, we are down by 18, the ref hates us and we have 2 guys in the bin sweating on their judiciary charges.

The coach can drum it into these fucks and make them accountable.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First competitive match with a completely different team to last year and it's panic stations lmao. Granted, I doubt Baz's ability, but come on, give him a chance with a team unrecognizable from what he had last year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doesn't he?
How about he drills it into these fucks that if you give away a penalty, you MAKE SURE you dont give away the next!

Its all about stopping momentum. We have a habit of compounding 1 problem with another. Before we know it, we are down by 18, the ref hates us and we have 2 guys in the bin sweating on their judiciary charges.

The coach can drum it into these fucks and make them accountable.
no coach can be responsible for the 9-1 penalty count. What he is responsible is how he coaches the next sessions to fix the problem. They do skill work all week, like every team, we made too many stupid errors and gave ourselves no chance of winning.
Id rather it be here then in the comp proper.
If you have coached before you would know this.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the dogs get well beaten by cowboys and Broncos I believe Barrett won't make round 3. The same issues from 2021 were evident in both trials or forwards being dominated with n without the ball and unforced errors. There is time to fix the issues but if teams like cowboys n Broncs beat them well the entire coaching team will need to go. Good wins over both, all good.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First competitive match with a completely different team to last year and it's panic stations lmao. Granted, I doubt Baz's ability, but come on, give him a chance with a team unrecognizable from what he had last year.
did u see what Fitzgibbon has done with one preseason already
Stamped his character and fingers all over the team
They all know where to be and what to do
You can see it in the play

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Putting knockonmore and flanno after their performance last week and in general shows his lack of accountability.

Who in their right mind who have put either of them back on..Baz has had enough chances and a off season to make it work.

I still think we weren't great last week because knights tend to make us look better than we are.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
no coach can be responsible for the 9-1 penalty count. What he is responsible is how he coaches the next sessions to fix the problem. They do skill work all week, like every team, we made too many stupid errors and gave ourselves no chance of winning.
9-1 penalty count but 5 of those were from our own poor discipline, the play the ball penalties were rubbish there’s nothing you can do about those, you can at least fix the discipline.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
9-1 penalty count but 5 of those were from our own poor discipline, the play the ball penalties were rubbish there’s nothing you can do about those, you can at least fix the discipline.
of course you can fix the play the ball penalties, Jackson needs to play the ball properly. He hasnt adjusted to the new updated rules which should have never changed. Play with it your fucking foot.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, the 9-1 was a sign of how bad tge ref was as some of those penalties were pure fuck ups by the ref.

But we still have a problem with compounding errors and penalties. You can work on handling errors all you like, but the coach has to teach these guys the importance of not giving away back-to-back penalties.

I partly blame Jacko who is useless as captain. Burton should be made captain immediately. He somewhat has the respect of refs due to his status. It will go a long way.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
of course you can fix the play the ball penalties, Jackson needs to play the ball properly. He hasnt adjusted to the new updated rules which should have never changed. Play with it your fucking foot.
I mean there’s nothing you can do if the ref decides he’s going to find a reason to blow the whistle, there’s a dozen of those ptb a game and he called 2

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I mean there’s nothing you can do if the ref decides he’s going to find a reason to blow the whistle, there’s a dozen of those ptb a game and he called 2
yeh agree, but jacko just rolled the ball, inexcusable when we were on the attack. changes the whole game if we score there, we are getting the 1% plays wrong

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair, the 9-1 was a sign of how bad tge ref was as some of those penalties were pure fuck ups by the ref.

But we still have a problem with compounding errors and penalties. You can work on handling errors all you like, but the coach has to teach these guys the importance of not giving away back-to-back penalties.

I partly blame Jacko who is useless as captain. Burton should be made captain immediately. He somewhat has the respect of refs due to his status. It will go a long way.
honestly, they do video cessations on every game, every player is accountable for their own actions. Nothing to do with Jacko, he cant control TPJ doing a stupid play etc.
They are coached skill work and ruck play almost every day, TB cant do it for them.
If they keep doing it then he needs to replace them, simple.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz won't see out the year.
Poor attacking structure
Poor defence
Poor game plans
Poor team selections

id look at English Super Leagues Kristian Woolf or Shaun Wane.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He said:-

“We thank our lucky stars that Aiden Tolman & Toby Rudolf didn’t play tonight, otherwise it would have been a bloodbath for the Sharks”

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm giving Baz the benefit of the doubt since it was a trial and I'm assuming, more like hoping, the boys weren't giving it their all in defence but to concede 30 points againt a fringe top 8 side is a massive worry. I thought the Sharks were OK tonight but most of their tries came as a result of our rubbish defence. Seriously, the first try of the match was just pathetic. To have Trindall just brush past Avo and JMK was woeful. That right side defence is going to be a massive headache as we have 2 horrible defenders on that side in Avo and Knockonbur. Gold help us

I can't see Gus tolerating this mediocrity for much longer so I think Ciraldo will be coaching us this time next year. You can't blame the defence on the lack of cattle so that's all on Baz. As long as the new coach is not Flanno, I'll be happy.