Sharks vs dogs trial

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One big question why the fuck does he persist with Okunbor I don’t get it
I'm not sticking up for him last week definitely wasn't good but i assume Lumelume is still away on leave? Allan must still be in post covid recovery? Toia and Casey aren't top 30 i didn't think or are they? So maybe not practical playing them again and Alamoti on a wing is pointless etc etc.

Idk but maybe he is getting the gig due to some of these factors and one of the other blokes slots in for Rd 1 unless OK plays pretty well all game on Monday...Burns likely gets a run too not sure what they do there.
He got better late last season and is the incumbent of sorts...polarising figure clearly Lol.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember when manu vatuvei was like that, very bad hands in early part of his career. To warriors credit they stuck with him but I just can't see it with Okunbor. He didn't play like his spot was in jeopardy the other night, Casey on the other hand probably did enough imo to be picked ahead of okonbur for this trial, even giving creedence toia a chance on the wing considering it is a trial.
We've already seen what okunbor can do in the top 17, why not trial someone else as when someone else plays well it's usually met with they weren't on the same time the opposition was at full strength
Maybe Casey can coach Okunbor on how he turned his handling around. Casey dropped plenty when I saw him play last year.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Knockonbor is about to be involved in the play, I get the same dirty feeling of dread as I did when Katoa or Idiot got near the ball last season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I remember when manu vatuvei was like that, very bad hands in early part of his career. To warriors credit they stuck with him but I just can't see it with Okunbor. He didn't play like his spot was in jeopardy the other night, Casey on the other hand probably did enough imo to be picked ahead of okonbur for this trial, even giving creedence toia a chance on the wing considering it is a trial.
We've already seen what okunbor can do in the top 17, why not trial someone else as when someone else plays well it's usually met with they weren't on the same time the opposition was at full strength
Vatuvei was an aggressive beast. Okunbor's a pussy (no offence).

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t forget we have Burns we have Allen they are far more safe then Okunbor is I’m sorry to say but Okunbor might be there come Rd 1 he is so bad under the high ball and gets found out in D I really don’t understand

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allan must still be unavailable due to Covid. That's the only reason I can think for his omission.

Hope they give Burns a good run. Could even push Nado to wing and put Burns in at centre.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that's Barrett's top 17 we're in trouble.
He must be trying to get sacked or something
If that’s the best line up we won’t be smelling a top 8 position
That’s borderline embarrassing

is that Steve masters guy injured also
What about Corey allan

poor Declan casey showed more in 40 mins than that brain dead muppet knockonbur has in 3 years

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He must be trying to get sacked or something
If that’s the best line up we won’t be smelling a top 8 position
That’s borderline embarrassing

is that Steve masters guy injured also
What about Corey allan

poor Declan casey showed more in 40 mins than that brain dead muppet knockonbur has in 3 years
Masters isn’t with us anymore

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly!

Losing Cotric this year does not equal Mahony for next year and we have plenty of Cap space freed up for next year with 9 (or maybe 10) players off contract.

Always Bulldog
It makes zero sense to me allowing Cotric to leave now.. could've held of another year or possibly freed up the million halves we got by moving a few on.. i reckon he would've looked really good in our lineup this season.