Official Bulldogs lock up boom rookie

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs lock up boom rookie

It's no secret that the Bulldogs are desperate for a quality halfback - and the good news is that they have found one.

But the bad news is that Iverson Matai is just 17 and it will probably be a couple of seasons before he is pushing for top grade selection.
A product of Endeavour Sports High School, Matai played in the Harold Matts Cup for the Dogs this year and his red-hot form saw at least three rival clubs chasing him.

He opted to stay at Belmore, signing a three-year deal, and is a kid who could develop into something special.

Great news

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Gus and Khoury I'm confident that we'll keep all of our best juniors and see a fair few of them develop into key contributors to the FG team. For the past decade or so, that hasn't been the case.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Gus and Khoury I'm confident that we'll keep all of our best juniors and see a fair few of them develop into key contributors to the FG team. For the past decade or so, that hasn't been the case.
Yup, having so many good juniors that you can't keep them all is a much better problem to have then the opposite.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the wrap on him?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a lot of “halfbacks” now. Not one impressed me at all. Maybe BBO or Wakeham. Out of the lot they are the only ones I’d put money on to have any success

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have a lot of “halfbacks” now. Not one impressed me at all. Maybe BBO or Wakeham. Out of the lot they are the only ones I’d put money on to have any success
I think our half back issue at the club has been resolved all young prospects who play different from each other, just matter to which suits the best during the pre season and trials. I really hope we dont chop and change like last year.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs lock up boom rookie

It's no secret that the Bulldogs are desperate for a quality halfback - and the good news is that they have found one.

But the bad news is that Iverson Matai is just 17 and it will probably be a couple of seasons before he is pushing for top grade selection.
A product of Endeavour Sports High School, Matai played in the Harold Matts Cup for the Dogs this year and his red-hot form saw at least three rival clubs chasing him.

He opted to stay at Belmore, signing a three-year deal, and is a kid who could develop into something special.

Great news
What a difference a few star players make prolly would of got out if not for the new recruits.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly i just wouldn't write this shit about 17 year old, unless they are Joseph Suaali, honestly it just puts pressure on them, they or their mates read this think of them. Jersey Flegg fair enough.