Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
wakeham might be the most skilled 7 we have. Do you think he will get first crack?
Honestly, there is a long time between now and trials and I don’t think they will decide that yet. They were giving each of the three BBO, flanno, wakeham) a go on the right side, but of course there is still Averillo in the mix who wasn’t training with the group when I was there yesterday.

They were playing on two fields as well so I did bounce a little between watching the two.

My guess is a few of the guys will be training in one specific spot (Burton, Duffy, JMK etc) and a lot of the others will get time in opposed sessions in different positions, and as it gets closer they will lock in to their best position (for the team) more.

I certainly couldn’t say with any authority that many would be locked in from the session, simply because they will no doubt continue to rotate a few around to see what works (and when players slot in that aren’t out there just yet for various reasons)

Last edited:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing him play for us he could be one of the signings to go under the radar tall quick and athletic my mate who is a panthers supporter is dirty to let him go im backing him for 15+ trys next year
Welcome home Brent.....

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another bit I’ll add from my update yesterday that I remembered. During the opposed session, Jacko made a decent bust up the middle and was trying to draw FB, Topine who looked to be playing at lock got back well and made a nice diving effort to stop him (two hand touch - not tackle). Wakeham iced it the next play with a good cut out to the winger on the right side.

Hope the commentary helps everyone’s thirst for footy, hoping to get out there again next week
Thanks Russ. Did better that rabbits Warren...

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His first taste of footy against fully grown men should most definitely be in reserves in my view.
Totally agree. It's no issue promoting him to the top grade if he carves up in reggies. But putting him straight from Flegg (or did he last play S.G Ball) to NRL? Potential for too many issues.