CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pr

Pretty interesting he sees BBO as a half but also says that’s where Averillo will start. 2022 going to be massive for both guys
We need more than the one option anyway, form and/or injury will likely have an impact at some point and mean changes need to be made. As long as Flanagan isn't picked I'll mostly be happy... :tearsofjoy:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we now have full control of our destiny.

Players, coaches, trainers, conditioners, staff...we have given you all the high end tools, and practices you need.

You now have all the resources laid on with Admin full support, expertise and fan encouragement....now it's up to you....perform for this great Club because if you don't, we have re-set the whole Club structure and we now deserve to put in place someone who will succeed for the CB Bulldogs.

Everyone supported, but on notice...mediocrity no longer part of the DNA around Belmore.
Well said! It's got a real 90s feel about it (I wasn't following before then, but imagine the 80s were even more like this) where we are a powerhouse and everyone in and around the club feel optimistic. Back then, we felt like we were a chance every year. Now, we still have to put it together on the ground, but i'm confident that all the people in important positions are putting the things in place, to put us back in that elite level.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well said! It's got a real 90s feel about it (I wasn't following before then, but imagine the 80s were even more like this) where we are a powerhouse and everyone in and around the club feel optimistic. Back then, we felt like we were a chance every year. Now, we still have to put it together on the ground, but i'm confident that all the people in important positions are putting the things in place, to put us back in that elite level.
It won't happen overnight: BUT it will happen :grinning:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pr

Pretty interesting he sees BBO as a half but also says that’s where Averillo will start. 2022 going to be massive for both guys
Yes and a bit of a worry, although I agree. Worrying since they both can't play 7. I loved BBO subbing in for 9 though. Every time he made a difference. I have doubts Avo can cement his spot at 7. Could be a better centre or fb long term, especially if we release Cotric.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Read between the lines... why does everyone think Burton will wear the #6?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That first reply by Gus saying he will be "prepared" as a 7 doesn't scream confidence that he believes averillo is our best choice for 7 bro.
Yh I got a feeling he won't be halfback.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN the eighties i can honestly say there was an air of arrogance.

We absolutely believed we were a superior club.

As a fan i believed this as well.

My faith in the club may be slightly misguided, due to bias, but i have never doubted we will be back as a major force.

The Bulldogs know what it takes to win, we just went away from it for a small period and paid the consequences.

This current situation has a 1984 feel regarding recruitment, and we all know what followed.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need more than the one option anyway, form and/or injury will likely have an impact at some point and mean changes need to be made. As long as Flanagan isn't picked I'll mostly be happy... :tearsofjoy:
Oh bro surely it’s a given Flanno is under pressure from both of them. I wouldn’t mind seeing BBO retain the utility role he had at the back end of the year. Should be even better with a taste of first grade and playing behind a stronger pack.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and a bit of a worry, although I agree. Worrying since they both can't play 7. I loved BBO subbing in for 9 though. Every time he made a difference. I have doubts Avo can cement his spot at 7. Could be a better centre or fb long term, especially if we release Cotric.
Personally I’d go BBO utility role to start. That way he can pressure both Avo and JMK. More so keen to see him pinch some of JMKs minutes like he did at the back end of the year.