Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well have one of the best forward packs in 2023. And Mahoney will get the big boys rolling. Yeah boy!
8. Vaughan
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. Kikau
12. TPJ
13. Jackson

depending on Vaughan being re-signed and if we hold onto Thompson. Even without Vaughan it'd still be stacked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
is it odd we're paying kikau more than mahoney?
Titans fucked up the backrow market when they blew a billion dollars on Fifita, strike backrowers are also becoming a real pod in attack under these current rules. Kikau is also a lot more established than Mahoney who has only really had the one good season, Kikau is also a premiership winner, backrow on the year winner, etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Makes one wonder why Jmk was re signed at all really?
I think he could do a job at 14 but I'd prefer BBO doing that role. If JMK's on close to minimum wage he's not a bad player to have in the top 30. I have no idea where Cook's at. I think you want 3 hookers in your top 30.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news.

I wonder where those posters are now who kept saying Reed will never join us because we let him go when he was 14 or something…

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Titans fucked up the backrow market when they blew a billion dollars on Fifita, strike backrowers are also becoming a real pod in attack under these current rules. Kikau is also a lot more established than Mahoney who has only really had the one good season, Kikau is also a premiership winner, backrow on the year winner, etc.
Kikau has value just as a decoy as well, he gets rushed on which creates space.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL news: Parramatta Eels hooker Reed Mahoney signs with Canterbury Bulldogs
David Riccio and Michael Carayannis
381e355141905d36799a27a770efffa9.jpg

Canterbury’s recruitment blitz has continued with the Bulldogs securing Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney on a long-term deal.
Mahoney told the Eels on Thursday morning of his decision to accept a deal worth about $600,000 a season to switch to Canterbury in 2023.

Paperwork is yet to be signed by Mahoney with his signature expected within the coming days.

Mahoney will become the Bulldogs second big signing in as many weeks after the club secured premiership winner Viliame Kikau last week.

It comes two weeks after Canterbury was caught launching a multimillion-dollar bid to sign Mahoney over a private dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

The Daily Telegraph obtained exclusive footage from the Dynasty restaurant inside Canterbury Leagues Club where the club’s heaviest hitters met with Mahoney, who comes off contract after next season.

Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett was at the meeting along with general manager of football, Phil Gould, club chairman, John Khoury along with Mahoney and his manager, Sam Ayoub.

Prior to dinner, Mahoney was given a guided tour of the Bulldogs’ high-performance facilities at Belmore Sports Groun

“Nothing to report,” Gould told The Daily Telegraph at the time.

“Had a nice dinner with Reed. I wanted him to meet our people. He’s a very impressive young man. No formal offer at this stage. Very much preliminary discussions.

“If Reed shows a genuine interest in being a Bulldog, we would be keen for further talks. We shall see what the future brings.”

Ayoub was adamant Mahoney was doing nothing wrong, and said he even told Eels general manager of football, Mark O’Neill, about the meeting.

“I was being transparent — I let Mark O’Neill know about the meeting,” Ayoub said.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what else is great about this signing, Reed's a great player and hopefully his development continues at it's current rate. If his development continues at it's current rate, I genuinely think we'll have a hooker who is top 2 in the game.

And as added bonus, every game against Parra, Parra fans will boo the shit out of him, making it a personal grudge match for him and him going all out to get us to win.