Rumour Reed Mahoney Done Deal

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a beer with reed and his mates last night.

Reed didn't say to much, in fact I was the one who did most the talking.

One thing I can say was read and his mates were getting into the pot.

And after that they sat there and didn't move for the rest of the night.

It was a bloody good night though.

I got a photo while he wasn't looking.

20211124_144955_compress77.jpg

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had a beer with reed and his mates last night.

Reed didn't say to much, in fact I was the one who did most the talking.

One thing I can say was read and his mates were getting into the pot.

And after that they sat there and didn't move for the rest of the night.

It was a bloody good night though.

I got a photo while he wasn't looking.

View attachment 34102
Well done Captain Caveman :grinning: points for creativity for sure ;)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Time for dogs to end this. 4 year deal.2.8-2.9 get it done.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Eels currently at 3 years 500k a year and we're at 4 years 600k a year. If we go to 650k or even 700k he's probably ours? A decent amount more money + the extra year. I really believe we can't miss out on Smith (looks like we've shown little interest) and Mahoney. A lot of people on the Eels forum wouldn't pay 600k for Mahoney and I find that quite bizarre, especially with where the hooker market is currently.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep need to go hardclose it. As I said give him an extra 50k a year ain’t much but 200k total with the extra year. Play with burton as a fun half and then also Jac tpj kikau and that’s our only blokes locked in with him behind 23? Let’s go!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Eels currently at 3 years 500k a year and we're at 4 years 600k a year. If we go to 650k or even 700k he's probably ours? A decent amount more money + the extra year. I really believe we can't miss out on Smith (looks like we've shown little interest) and Mahoney. A lot of people on the Eels forum wouldn't pay 600k for Mahoney and I find that quite bizarre, especially with where the hooker market is currently.
I don’t think we need to change our offer at all

The extra year should seal it
Get it done Gus

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep need to go hardclose it. As I said give him an extra 50k a year ain’t much but 200k total with the extra year. Play with burton as a fun half and then also Jac tpj kikau and that’s our only blokes locked in with him behind 23? Let’s go!
If we get Reed I think we're looking more promising than the Eels in 23. No idea how the Eels are planning to replace him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hopefully, but I don't want it do be a 50/50 either.
Reed and his agent would be stupid to not take our offer and run

We should actually put the clock on him and his agent if we haven’t heard anything back by tomorrow

The one that usually wins in negotiations is the one that comes across like he is willing to walk away from the deal on the table

We need to be that guy

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When Sam Ayoub says “We’ve had constructive discussions with Parramatta over the last few months and they’ve again improved their offer SLIGHTLY in recent days.” it doesn't sound like much has changed to tip the scales in Parra's favour

When a player is in negotiations to re-sign with his club and it looks like the player will stay the statements are usually.... "Reed loves it at Parra and sees his future here and hopefully we will get something sorted out soon".....or....."Reed has a great relationship with coach Brad Arthur and staying at Parramatta is his preference"

I really hope we can get him

Work your magic Gus