Opinion V-Rex 2023!

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what a fucking disgrace honestly.

this Kikau signing reminiscent of Tony Williams coming here under Hasler. This is the type of signing which will put us straight back deep in the muck just as soon as we start to see a glimmer of hope of getting out of it!!i will be giving Gus both barrels on Twitter tonight so stay tuned folks. someone send me Barrett and Warbs Twitter handles also if they exist.

when has lashing out 800 thousand clams on a back rower (and a lazy one at that!) ever been a good idea, especially in a team with an unsettled spine!! what are we thinking here!?

been a pretty good day until I saw this news. good coffee and muffin this morning, and positive thoughts across the board now quickly crushed. If someone gives me lip this afternoon I’ll club them. Bring on another decade of misery if this is an indication of marquee recruitment.

interested in others thoughts on this

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never rated his style of play find him lazy and overrated but for some reason I have a good feeling about this despite what we’re paying him I trust in our management to manage our cap properly. Only thing I don’t like is signings a year out from the start of the contract

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kikau's one of the best strike second rowers in the competition. We're reportedly paying an extra 50-100k + an extra year then what he was on at the Panthers who just won the competition (I believe if they had the cap space they would of offered him a similar deal to what he's currently on). It really isn't that bad of a deal. Yes, I would of preferred spending that money on a Gutherson or a Manu (+ the extra we'd have to add) but that still doesn't mean one of those players would come here. After those 2 also no other fullbacks I'd sign. There are also no halfbacks on the market. After these 2 signings Kikau's probably the best player on the market (up there with Paulo) and it'll allow us to play TPJ in the middle. I also don't think this affects signing Reed or another quality hooker.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

this Kikau signing reminiscent of Tony Williams coming here under Hasler. This is the type of signing which will put us straight back deep in the muck just as soon as we start to see a glimmer of hope of getting out of it!!i will be giving Gus both barrels on Twitter tonight so stay tuned folks. someone send me Barrett and Warbs Twitter handles also if they exist.

when has lashing out 800 thousand clams on a back rower (and a lazy one at that!) ever been a good idea, especially in a team with an unsettled spine!! what are we thinking here!?

been a pretty good day until I saw this news. good coffee and muffin this morning, and positive thoughts across the board now quickly crushed. If someone gives me lip this afternoon I’ll club them. Bring on another decade of misery if this is an indication of marquee recruitment.

Please don't go giving Gus crap just yet. Unless you want Pearce there's no decent 7s available and we'd have to pay close to a MIL a season for Gutho or over than for Manu at fullback. IF we can afford Mahoney AND Kikau like they're saying (and maybe even Paulo) still there's not too much to worry about - not much else we can do. I've read a few times that every comp winning team always has a damaging edge forward and it's probably right. From 2023 we will have not 1 but 2 of the most damaging forwards in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing it after watching us not being able to get out of our own end at times and getting trampled by opposing packs. We needed some size and TPJ and Kikau certainly give that.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

STFU .. go and sniff your neighbours underwear like you normally would at this time

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If tpj moves forward we don’t.
We need a fucking 9
im still feeling good about mahoney. if he was going to stay at the eels, i'm sure we wouldve heard about it now - especially considering they've just lost 2 solid back rowers and are getting hammered in the media about recruitment and retention, they'd release his signing to take some pressure off. the fact that hasnt happened gives me hope we've got him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have concerns over the signing but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. On his day no one can stop him. If he plays like that semi consistently and can play big minutes (usually plays 55-60 with Penrith) then it will work out well. If he turns up with a shitty attitude, is lazy and only here for the money like She-Rex was, then it will be a disaster.

Hopefully he's willing to take his game to the next level with us and gets through this season injury free.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldnt post this in 1 of the other kikau threads?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I probably wouldn't have been keen on chasing kikau. I still prefer the days when we'd pick up under rated players and apply a bit of spit and polish to reveal a representative calibre player hiding just beneath the surface. But a lot of the time part of the process of revealing the quality of a hidden gem of a player is to allow them to step into a roster where they have enough quality around them to play without loads of pressure.

Kikau is another building block towards a formidable team. We don't know what he's earning under the cap and what will come from TPA's. If he's boosting the odds of us threatening for a premiership I'll be happy to have him in our colours.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can u even compare that thing T. rex with kikau the guy is a beast plays like an extra centre,almost more line breaks than anyone in the comp,3 other clubs with offers close to ours,and chose us,and for those complaining about it think how often we crossed the try line the last 3 years,Stimson Waddell rfm all of contract next year,I know who I would like to have .

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1000% minus the being a derek to people who don’t care on Twitter part