Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

anyone subsribe ?
Panthers back-rower Viliame Kikau has created a stir, posing for photos with Trent Barrett and Phil Gould after signing a four-year deal with the Bulldogs. But the deal only starts in 2023.
Kikau still has one year to run on his deal with Penrith, and his decision to wear a Bulldogs polo and pose for a photo with club powerbrokers hasn’t gone down well at Penrith.

Viliame Kikau (main) poses with Bulldogs boss Phil Gould and coach Trent Barrett (inset).

The Bulldogs are celebrating the massive coup of the premiership-winning back-rower, who has also been in discussions with the Cowboys and Dragons for the past month.
The Panthers have been resigned to the likelihood of losing him having upgraded the contracts of a number of their representative players in the past 18 months.

The picture also comes the day before Penrith are set to hold their premiership parade, the team to show off the trophy from an open-top bus on Saturday morning.
More to come

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm just worried that this will turn out to be She-Rex 2.0.. Kikau plays one good game every three or four weeks. Plus he'll be turning 28 in his first season with us.. A four year deal at that price is a massive risk especially when we have a lot of big money forwards as it is.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The photo leak is actually terrible for all involved, the bloke has a premiership parade tomorrow and I’m sure he’ll cop a mouth full from the Penriff supporters. Hopefully the contract is signed and he wasn’t just trying on shirts and checking the colours out before making the final decision lol

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thought Is I hate it I’ve never been a fan and I think it’s a massive overpay but I can’t help but be excited for some reason

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric would be gone when his contracts ends
Cotric has just started. I hope we keep him as he'll be very damaging in a good team. I reckon Thompson has to be getting shopped for 2023 and RFM and Stimson won't be re-signed. We'll probably keep Vaughan as we're short on props IF he doesn't expect overs after next season to re-sign. I hope Mavoni Taifua becomes a regular member of our top 17 also.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like Stimson and Waddell? Lol
We just signed TPJ for 750k to play second row. We have Thompson on 800k, Jackson on 600k and Vaughan on 450k so getting Kikau for 800k plus on a 4 year deal is a luxury we can't afford.

I don't know how we can get a rep calibre fullback, half or hooker with all that money tied up in forwards plus Cotric, Fox and Burton..

We'll be cap fucked for years with no balance in the team and still an average spine outside of Burton.

Reactions: jof

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We just signed TPJ for 750k to play second row. We have Thompson on 800k, Jackson on 600k and Vaughan on 450k so getting Kikau for 800k plus on a 4 year deal is a luxury we can't afford.

If the Tigers made this signing we'd be laughing at them. I don't know how we can get a rep calibre fullback, half or hooker with all that money tied up in forwards plus Cotric, Fox and Burton..
TPJ's a good chance of playing middle and there's less chance of Vaughan being re-signed now. Under those circumstances Kikau isn't a bad buy. I really don't think this affects signing a top hooker, e.g. Reed. I would of preferred we used the Kikau money on a Manu or Gutherson but after those 2 no fullbacks I'd really want either.