Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can see Avo starting in the 7, but nowhere else...and thats because lets face it - there are no better options...he has runs on the board - BBO doesn't...even though he did look good off the bench @ HOOKER
Dufty should have the #1 and if he doesn't ... something is seriously wrong.....better passer...better runner...better support player...much more dangerous...i cant see how any1 else gets the #1

anyways has Reed signed yet
It has to be Dufty

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In all seriousness Mahoney would be an absolute game changer if we nabbed him for this season, I wonder how far we would go to make that happen..
Really I think 0% chance we see him
For 2022.

0 reason unless pawa got super salty and we gave them Something they want. No reason to do that.

I hope we sign him for 23 (as I said I’d prefer Brandon but that appears to be passed) and if we don’t land Mahoney we are in a bit of shit again with no 9 (jmk is trash) and both these 2 available are in my opinion top 3 hookers (I’d take grant smith and Mahoney as top 3 when considering age etc against api, cook)

Only other option would be getting baz into fainus ear as he looked really good and hoping he doesn’t go to jail and is cleared of anything sinister. Way cheaper but huge gamble on both his court hearing and actually returning to what he was.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheese is at Redcliffe Leagues now talking to the Dolphins. Need to forget him and go all in for Maloney, which it looks like we’re doing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed Mahoney’s manager says Parramatta knew their star hooker was meeting with officials from a rival club after his client was spotted dining with heavy-hitters from the Bulldogs.

Eels hooker Reed Mahoney’s manager personally rang and told a senior Parramatta official his client was meeting with Canterbury management to avoid potentials dramas.

On Tuesday night, Mahoney was spotted at a Chinese restaurant inside Canterbury Leagues Club with Bulldogs officials, including high-profile general manager of football, Phil Gould.

“I was being transparent,” Mahoney’s agent Sam Ayoub said.

But Ayoub has angrily denied his Eels star was seeking $700,000 a season.

The Bulldogs launched a multimillion-dollar bid to Mahoney over a private dinner.

The Daily Telegraph broke the story online (read below) about the high-powered meetings, which included Mahoney, Ayoub, Gould, Bulldogs head coach Trent Barrett and club chairman John Khoury.

Prior to dinner, Mahoney was given a guided tour of the Bulldogs’ high-performance facilities at Belmore Sports Ground.

“Nothing to report,” Gould told The Daily Telegraph.

“Had a nice dinner with Reed. I wanted him to meet our people. He’s a very impressive young man. No formal offer at this stage. Very much preliminary discussions.

“If Reed shows a genuine interest in being a Bulldog, we would be keen for further the talks. We shall see what the future brings.”

Aware the meeting may attract attention, and make Parramatta uncomfortable, Ayoub rang Eels general manager of football, Mark O’Neill, to be “transparent”. Ayoub also said he was tired of reading inflated figures suggesting Mahoney was chasing $700,000 a season.

“I was being transparent — I let Mark O’Neill know about the meeting,” Ayoub said.

“I didn’t say which club we were meeting but I told him we were meeting with a club on Tuesday night. I do things the right way.

“We didn’t do anything wrong. We even went the extra mile to be transparent by letting Parramatta know. Reed is entitled to do that and they (Parramatta) know that.

“It was legal, we were entitled to do it. It’s important for the fans to know that.

“The only way a player is going to know his worth is by talking to others. The only way I’m going to establish his worth is by talking to clubs.

“And don’t forget, Reed was at Canterbury as a junior (playing under 20s).

“At no stage have we spoken to a club and asked for a figure. We have never, ever suggested or proposed a figure to any club about Reed’s value. We keep reading that Reed is asking for $700,000 a year. All that is doing is misleading Parramatta fans.

“He has never asked for $700,000. He has never asked for a figure, and neither have I and we have maintained that stand. We have not received any offers from any clubs. The figures being report are fiction.

“The meeting was about Reed getting to know whether the club which could potentially be the place that’s viable for him. It’s not just about money – who their coach is, their strengths, roster.”

Ayoub said Mahoney was allowed to talk with rival clubs given the NRL’s November 1 deadline had passed and the player comes off contract at Parramatta after next season.

“It was just a meet and greet,” Ayoub said. “Reed did nothing wrong. The club has shown interest in a player, which they are entitled to do, and it’s something Reed is also entitled to do.

“It’s no different to you going to look for another job to see if it’s viable for you or if it’s better for you, or whether it’s not, or if the money is better. The Bulldogs showed every bit of respect for a good club aiming to be great again.

“Reed hasn’t made a decision. Any club that shows interest is potentially in the equation. He is entitled to consider all the options that are available to him.”

The Daily Telegraph reached out to Gould for comment but he did not respond.

Mahoney told Bulldogs officials at the dinner he wanted to be respectful of Parramatta before reaching a final career decision. He has already been linked to Brisbane, Gold Coast and the newly-formed Dolphins.
Hahahaha

"Being transparent" .... so that you know we're out there now make him a damn improved offer

"Meeting with a another club" .... meanwhile Sam's mate takes a sneaky picture so that Telegraph can print them meeting with the Bulldogs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right that they think that but it's a big mistake. Mahoney is a very consistent player who's one of their best week in week out. You rarely see him have a bad game.

They've fucked their cap spending so much on Moses and Brown and will overpay to keep Gutherson and probably Paulo. I can't see Papali'i staying. He'd be a great signing for whoever gets him.
Shows how hard it is to keep a strong team together if you honour the cap .... take note Rorters

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Not sure how credible this bloke is
usually good with getting the ins and outs for starting lineups for fantasy...no idea on track record for signings though - hopefully hes wrong
mayb the chinese at the leagues isnt as good as it used to be

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
After seeing Titans leading race for smith at 800k I’d simply go to Brandon 850 a year 3 year. Mahoney 700k a year.

See who goes first. We need one. We miss both we can forget competing for 23 unless Lady Luck kisses our dick.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 33281

Not sure how credible this bloke is
Probably just an educated guess. I reckon Para will come to their senses and up their offer, they've got a year to cut an expensive forward to find the extra cash. It might end up being up to us whether we really want him and pay 700 plus.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe all you so called supporters writing us off before the season even starts. How do you go with supporting your kids through life. Fark me.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why he would pick us over Manly's superb demountable training centre of excellence!
With Trent Barrett's left over plastic outdoor seating that he bought himself.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capture.PNG
I went over to 1 eyed eel for a laugh as they're all having kittens over there about the Reed situation. Fuck, I cant wait to beat Parra twice next year!! With comments like that first one, I really hope we do get Reed to shove him in the scum fans faces and close the Eels premiership window for another 30 years.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 33288
I went over to 1 eyed eel for a laugh as they're all having kittens over there about the Reed situation. Fuck, I cant wait to beat Parra twice next year!! With comments like that first one, I really hope we do get Reed to shove him in the scum fans faces and close the Eels premiership window for another 30 years.
Hahaha parra fans complaining about losing their players to us. Didn’t bother them in 95/96

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Mole: Bulldogs deny making multi-million dollar offer to Reed Mahoney

Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has strongly denied reports that his club has made a multi-million dollar offer to sign Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney.

Gould confirmed that he and Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett wined and dined Mahoney at the Chinese restaurant within Canterbury Leagues Club earlier this week, but declared money was not discussed.

"There is really nothing to it at this stage other than that we had a nice dinner with Reed," Gould told Wide World of Sports.
"I wanted him to meet our people. He's a very impressive young man.

"There has certainly be no formal offer at this stage - it was very much preliminary discussions.
"If Reed shows a genuine interest in being a Bulldog, we would be keen for further talks.
"We shall see what the future brings."

The Sydney Morning Herald wrote that the Bulldogs can pay Mahoney $650,000 over four years, while the Eels will offer him $450,000 over three years.
Several other clubs, including the Titans, are also keen to snare the talented dummy-half.
Fkn lol Gus loves playing games.

Sets up a meeting in public on purpose then denies it. I think he is becoming a master troll lol