Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The official trailer of the up coming film ‘Uncharted’ based on the brilliant games with the same name. It stars adventurer Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, and Mark Warlhberg as his ‘mento’ Sully. If you haven’t played the games, it isvery much in the vein of Indiana Jones, however these guys are in it purely for the money.

Unlike the game, this is a younger version of Drake and Sully. Me smell an attempt for a franchise..but can it beat the ‘Game to Movie’ curse? It doesn’t look too bad..Holland delievers his lines perfectly..however the stunt with the plane is one of those over the top cgi scenes which can ruin action scenes..

It looks alright. I am a little worried about Holland's fake American accent sounding not at all confident, which is very different to Drake's over confidence. But the wise cracks are completely on point. And Antonio Banderes always makes such a great villain.

I also like that they put in the plane scene from Uncharted 3 which is one of the best scenes ever in a game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The official trailer of the up coming film ‘Uncharted’ based on the brilliant games with the same name. It stars adventurer Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, and Mark Warlhberg as his ‘mento’ Sully. If you haven’t played the games, it isvery much in the vein of Indiana Jones, however these guys are in it purely for the money.

Unlike the game, this is a younger version of Drake and Sully. Me smell an attempt for a franchise..but can it beat the ‘Game to Movie’ curse? It doesn’t look too bad..Holland delievers his lines perfectly..however the stunt with the plane is one of those over the top cgi scenes which can ruin action scenes..

I’m worried to watch this and see Nadine take on 50 men at once including drake while in high heels, or a retconned feminist Chloe character from the expansion after uncharted 4.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m worried to watch this and see Nadine take on 50 men at once including drake while in high heels, or a retconned feminist Chloe character from the expansion after uncharted 4.
Apparently Nadine isn't in it. The black chick is someone else.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
looks alright. I am a little worried about Holland's fake American accent sounding not at all confident, which is very different to Drake's over confidence. But the wise cracks are completely on point. And Antonio Banderes always makes such a great villain.

I also like that they put in the plane scene from Uncharted 3 which is one of the best scenes ever in a game.
I forgot about that plane scene in the game..to be honest the game looked more realistic!

ps..Banderes is in Indiana Jones 5

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Nadine isn't in it. The black chick is someone else.
Wait there’s a black chick in the trailer? Lolll I honestly haven’t even seen it yet, hence saying I’m scared to watch it lol. I’m definitely not watching it. Although uncharted 4 already killed the series for me. And before you claim it’s in my head the feminist agenda in it, I would in charity turn your attention to the director who came out making a point about having feminist ideology shoved in the game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I forgot about that plane scene in the game..to be honest the game looked more realistic!

ps..Banderes is in Indiana Jones 5
What is happening with indie 5? Why is it so wrong to not have strong women’s as characters now. Like I don’t get it. Especially in the times indie is set in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait there’s a black chick in the trailer? Lolll I honestly haven’t even seen it yet, hence saying I’m scared to watch it lol. I’m definitely not watching it. Although uncharted 4 already killed the series for me. And before you claim it’s in my head the feminist agenda in it, I would in charity turn your attention to the director who came out making a point about having feminist ideology shoved in the game.
You should play Lost Legacy. You don't get held back by any weak males. Just two powerful women.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

at his best, Pacino was the best... admittedly, I have a bias towards gangster movies... but even something as straight forward as "Scent of a Woman" was elevated to Oscar winning success by Pacino alone
So good

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What is happening with indie 5? Why is it so wrong to not have strong women’s as characters now. Like I don’t get it. Especially in the times indie is set in.
I heard a rumour about a female character in Indy..but I don’t wanna say.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard a rumour about a female character in Indy..but I don’t wanna say.
off topic lol. But this.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm friends with a number of artists and writers. Heaps have left the major comic book companies in recent years, because of the BS that's killing the industry. They are now making far more from crowdfunding than they were doing when they were working for DC, Marvel and elsewhere. Plus they get to tell the stories they want, and have control of their characters.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a @Realist90 rant....

How The fuck did they cast an Asian to play Gilgamesh, an Assyrian?

I'm triggered. The nerve of them, we are born with bigger zubs than a full grown Asian lol

This little fat oompa loompa ****...

Is cast to play the world's first superhero...

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But I'm going to watch it just to see how they depict Assyria/Mesopotamia/Babylon...

Oh and Salma and Angelina too ;)

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
off topic lol. But this.
Haha. I never knew "Colorist" was a thing. They're literally paid to colour in comic books.

Going to be hard to replace this guy. They're going to need to find someone who can colour in between the lines. So basically, anyone over 6 years old.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a @Realist90 rant....

How The fuck did they cast an Asian to play Gilgamesh, an Assyrian?

I'm triggered. The nerve of them, we are born with bigger zubs than a full grown Asian lol

This little fat oompa loompa ****...

Is cast to play the world's first superhero...
Not really Gilgamesh. The character he's playing called himself Gilgamesh at one stage because some people mistook him for Gilgamesh. He wasn't Gilgamesh though, just pretended to be.

But it is still stupid. People thought he was Gilgamesh and they also thought he was Hercules. Ignoring the fact that Hercules and Gilgamesh and two completely different looking people, neither look Asian.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not really Gilgamesh. The character he's playing called himself Gilgamesh at one stage because some people mistook him for Gilgamesh. He wasn't Gilgamesh though, just pretended to be.

But it is still stupid. People thought he was Gilgamesh and they also thought he was Hercules. Ignoring the fact that Hercules and Gilgamesh and two completely different looking people, neither look Asian.
I didn't even know this character was in Marvel tbh

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't even know this character was in Marvel tbh
Yeah, part of the Eternals stuff. But he joined the Avengers at one stage.

There's a number of immortals in Marvel called "The Eternals" which this movie is based on. But in the comics, Thanos is an Eternal.