Images/Photos

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old woy woy is so good it was once dubbed the venice of Australia
Venice of Australia, really...?!
Spike Milligan described Woy-Woy as “the world's largest above ground cemetery
My aunty Fanny and uncle Nathan (who was a steward on a troopship at Gallipoli) lived on Ettalong beach and we used to visit them every Christmas holiday when I was a kid. I use to fish of Andersons Boatshed wharf where they use to rent out the "Put-Put" boats, their house still stands.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Venice of Australia, really...?!
Spike Milligan described Woy-Woy as “the world's largest above ground cemetery
My aunty Fanny and uncle Nathan (who was a steward on a troopship at Gallipoli) lived on Ettalong beach and we used to visit them every Christmas holiday when I was a kid and I use to fish of Andersons Boatshed wharf where they use to rent out the "Put-Put" boats, their house still stands.
Still can rent the put puts

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half cab old blue pieces of shit I think there be a few the rest an outboard
I just did a search, they are the original hulls with outboards now installed.
When I last saw them back in the 80s they had the old original single cylinder that you needed to wrap a belt around a fly-wheel to get going.
There is/was a boat rental place down in Nambucca Heads (I think) that had fully restored Put-Put boats still going.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember that show when I was a kid, and the Nock & Kirby in Bankstown Square.
Do you remember the store H G Palmer"s?? I used to love going there.........

1633914514730.png

What about this little beauty......I have one of them ( in great condition) plus the Star Wars ones they issued RDD2 and Darth Vader....

1633914405513.png

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1633914652349.png
Remember the days of the compulsory bottle of milk at primary school? The milkman ( and not the Jamie Soward variety) use to drop them off very early morning and they sat in a brick enclosure until school was ready to go in at 9 am when we were then able to drink them. Used to get those candy stripe paper straws to use. Cream was about 1/2 to 1 inch thick on top. Not crash hot in the summer though as the milk had warmed up a bit before we could drink it.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1633915050432.png

I always remember Friday nights on Channel Ten when the Deadly Ernest show was broadcast. As we didn't have school the next day we were allowed to stay up later and the movie started at 8-30 and if you could last util around ten o'clock you got to see the whole thing. This was where my love of B grade horror and sci fi movies came from....Ian Bannerman was the Sydney version and some other guy in Melbourne and I think Shane Porteus (Country Practice actor) was the Brisbane one . My brother had the Deadly Ernest album Rave in Peace....

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you remember the store H G Palmer"s?? I used to love going there.........

View attachment 31591

What about this little beauty......I have one of them ( in great condition) plus the Star Wars ones they issued RDD2 and Darth Vader....

View attachment 31590
I can't say I remember Palmers. But I do remember the money boxes. I went through a phase of collecting money boxes. Pretty sure I have the classical tin one. I also think I have a Darth Vader head. Another Commonwealth Bank one I remember, was an elephant. They are in the top of a cupboard that I can't easily get to without moving a bunch of storage. I collect too many things!!! lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't say I remember Palmers. But I do remember the money boxes. I went through a phase of collecting money boxes. Pretty sure I have the classical tin one. I also think I have a Darth Vader head. Another Commonwealth Bank one I remember, was an elephant. They are in the top of a cupboard that I can't easily get to without moving a bunch of storage. I collect too many things!!! lol
Yeah, the elephant came in a few colours. Bitch to open though...........

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seeing we are on classic Australian kids Tv, Remember these two?
Interesting to note, many famous Australian actors got their start on shoes like these.

Oh how sad...I do remember both of those and John Michael Howson played the clown on Adventure Island with Liz Harris ( who was married to Leonard Teale of Homicide fame) playing a role in both those shows....Liza and???. Place was called Diddley Dum Diddley.....:tearsofjoy:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh how sad...I do remember both of those and John Michael Howson played the clown on Adventure Island with Liz Harris ( who was married to Leonard Teale of Homicide fame) playing a role in both those shows....Liza and???. Place was called Diddley Dum Diddley.....:tearsofjoy:
Diddley Dum Diddley... Isn't that what they call NRL headquarters?