Gladys Berejiklian to quit politics

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She has got her huge bonus check from Pfizer for getting nsw to 80% vaccinated, so of course she doesn’t want to work anymore, it’s like people who have just won the lotto
This has nothing to do with covid, Icac investigating events between 2015 and 2018
So don’t bother dragging that dribble into it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with covid, Icac investigating events between 2015 and 2018
So don’t bother dragging that dribble into it
she has got her Pfizer pay check and of course it is more than anything she ever dreamed of for her to destroy the state, so now the hangover is she can get out of the game now and retire to Tahiti

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
…and the curse of the Premiers resigning continues.

NO PREMIER who has won an election has served a full term since Bob Carr from 1999-2003.

2003 Election: Bob Carr wins, resigns in 2005
2007 Election: Morris Iemma wins, resigns in 2008
-- Nathan Rees nominated for Premier, resigns within 24 months, did not even make it to the election.
-- Kristina Keneally nominated for Premier
2011 Election: Barry O'Farrell wins, resigns in 2014
2015 Election: Mike Baird wins, resigns in 2017
2019 Election: Berejiklian wins, resigns in 2021

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She can step down for the time being and fight it but that can take years. So it’s not necessarily that they even have anything on her, a bit rude to assume so as well given her character.
It's a bit naive to think that she was oblivious to the corruption of her boyfriend IMO.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The kind of stuff that has come out about big Darryl is putting her in the situation where she is either corrupt or stupid. It isn't a good place to find yourself in. I'd tend to lean toward the second option. Not that she is low intelligence, but in the high stakes game of state politics, you get too close to the crap and the smell tends to stick. She made the mistake of trusting him.
You sound stupid yourself making excuses for her.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
She has got her huge bonus check from Pfizer for getting nsw to 80% vaccinated, so of course she doesn’t want to work anymore, it’s like people who have just won the lotto
do you think that bouns was taxed or exempt?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
#BanRod
What a moronic keyboard warrior comment.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When she answered in the ICAC "I don't need to know that" in response to a question about what she said to her then boyfriend in regards to dodgy dealing, we consider this naive, right.......

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are fucked - i can see whoever is new premier letting it all rip with covid .. interesting times ahead

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You think so.

That was stupid.

But again, first mistake, trusting him. She seems to be a fairly genuine person, you can't survive in politics if you trust other politicians, because the vast majority of them sit somewhere between somewhat corrupt to completely corrupt.

As it stands, the main charges against her are to do with a failure to act when she should have. She needs to be held accountable for this, otherwise corruption in state government is going to keep going the wrong direction. NSW needs more elected officials who will act.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the cover for this mornings Fin Review? It is about the most powerful people in Australia, and suggests that the states have become more powerful at the expense of the feds. The front cover has a photo of Gladys...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if the ABC would invest the same money and resources into investigating Daniel Andrews or The Potato head that rules QLD at the moment for any reason with the vigor they have Berejiklian.. I doubt it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was stupid.

But again, first mistake, trusting him. She seems to be a fairly genuine person, you can't survive in politics if you trust other politicians, because the vast majority of them sit somewhere between somewhat corrupt to completely corrupt.

As it stands, the main charges against her are to do with a failure to act when she should have. She needs to be held accountable for this, otherwise corruption in state government is going to keep going the wrong direction. NSW needs more elected officials who will act.
I understand this point of view but let's also remember she defended pork barrelling saying everyone does it. While there may be some level of truth to this (I stress "some level" as some alleged instances of it occurring in the past, would be difficult to prove if it was in fact pork barrelling), she defended this known method of corruption, basically saying everyone does it so it doesn't matter if I do it.