Religious Discussion Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not blaming the commission - I'm asking why they didn't ask for the information to be review.

And Francis is from the TJH Council - 'THINK' has to be one of the most commonly used words from them, because he's not going to state something as a fact (or truth) if he doesn't know it's a fact (or truth).

I'm not defending him or attacking, I'm simply stating that I can see doubts in what has been stated appears to be water tight in giving the Church a bad name - as usual.

Another thing (off topic), but you claim you were raised as a Catholic. Now, you made the choice to leave, however was your choice based on the media reporting into these findings, or something else?

I'm sure you'll find that if you go to a church service today, you'll find most (if not all) of them genuine, particularly when the homily is being spoken.

I have no doubt there are wrong doers in the Church, you'd be blind to think otherwise, however I know that most of the services provided and those who provide them are genuine about Christianity and Catholicism, and I will not let the minority ruin it for the majority. It's as simple as that really. If you want your views warped by a few who are evil and brand all of them as evil simple based on the wrong doings of others, well, all I can do is pray for you.

Painting everyone with the same brush is not something many people do.
You keep falling back on the old chestnut "it's only a few bad apples in the barrel and most of the apples are good", but the point I'm making repeatedly is the barrel itself is rotten. The catholic church has a centuries long and sordid history of despicable acts which you cannot blame on individuals, you can only blame it on the institution itself and those despicable acts continue to this day.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand I'll never be able to convince you of the systemic corruption of religions and churches as you have built up such a belief in them that any evidence of corruption I produce (post 1349) is ignored, dismissed, rejected, disregarded and discounted because for you to acknowledge any of that will undermine that belief, just as it undermined mine as I found out more and more about the corruption and lies of the church. I've had this very same argument with many of family who are still believers. They wilfully overlook all the bad just so they can keep their faith, just like you.
How nice of you to accuse me of not interested in what some people have done in the name of the Church. I have always believed that some people do nasty things but I can;t blame the actual institution they operate from, because all institutions although basicly good have at some stage had bad people operating from within them. With your easoning you may as well say that the building itself was corrupt and therefore the people who frequent it had no choice but to do evile themselves..
As for you saying that I completely ignore, reject and disregard the bad tings done by people within the Church, you're totally wrong and therefore a hipocrite, if you go back to my posts you will see that I have admitted that their has been and probably still is some bad people within the Church.
You on the other hand continually peddle your rubbish that the Church/Churches and therefore all their followers, are totally evil and corrupt, I havent seen any of your posts which state otherwise.
A FEW QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ANSWER, I HAVE NUMBERED THEM SO THAT YOU CAN ANSWER THEM INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT GETING SIDE TRACTED WITH YOUR BLIND HATE.
(1) Have you ever seen any good done by people within the Church/Churches, like financing and supportering an old nun in the Sudan looking after 1000 kids orphaned by their tribal wars, BTW I have had something to do with that Orphanige.
(2) Are you sure that you're Roosters club is not a corrupt institution and has never acted corruptly.
(3) Aside from the Churches which you say are all bad and corrupt, do you believe in a God.
(4) Have you ever considered the possibility that the main aim of the Church/Churches is to preach the values taught by Jesus and to do charitable works in the community.
(5) Have you ever thought of seeking counciling.
(6) Are you sure that you are not in need of an exorcist

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How nice of you to accuse me of not interested in what some people have done in the name of the Church. I have always believed that some people do nasty things but I can;t blame the actual institution they operate from, because all institutions although basicly good have at some stage had bad people operating from within them. With your easoning you may as well say that the building itself was corrupt and therefore the people who frequent it had no choice but to do evile themselves..
As for you saying that I completely ignore, reject and disregard the bad tings done by people within the Church, you're totally wrong and therefore a hipocrite, if you go back to my posts you will see that I have admitted that their has been and probably still is some bad people within the Church.
You on the other hand continually peddle your rubbish that the Church/Churches and therefore all their followers, are totally evil and corrupt, I havent seen any of your posts which state otherwise.
A FEW QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ANSWER, I HAVE NUMBERED THEM SO THAT YOU CAN ANSWER THEM INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT GETING SIDE TRACTED WITH YOUR BLIND HATE.
(1) Have you ever seen any good done by people within the Church/Churches, like financing and supportering an old nun in the Sudan looking after 1000 kids orphaned by their tribal wars, BTW I have had something to do with that Orphanige.
(2) Are you sure that you're Roosters club is not a corrupt institution and has never acted corruptly.
(3) Aside from the Churches which you say are all bad and corrupt, do you believe in a God.
(4) Have you ever considered the possibility that the main aim of the Church/Churches is to preach the values taught by Jesus and to do charitable works in the community.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you obviously didn't read my post 1343 in my reply to you accusing me of that very same thing. I understand your ignorant, you don't have to advertise it. If you're not going to read my posts, I'm not going to answer your questions.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oh how wonderful of you to acknowledge that not all jews are like that, it's only the ones who own media, which none do in Australia. But do go on and explain how jewish owned media in Australia is such an evil enterprise and that the only bastions of honesty in Australia are Kerry Stokes and Rupert Murdoch's media empires.
Hold on... when did I say that Stokes and Murdoch are honesty... oh, that's right, I DIDN'T.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You keep falling back on the old chestnut "it's only a few bad apples in the barrel and most of the apples are good", but the point I'm making repeatedly is the barrel itself is rotten. The catholic church has a centuries long and sordid history of despicable acts which you cannot blame on individuals, you can only blame it on the institution itself and those despicable acts continue to this day.
If you're saying the barrel is rotten, you're saying that most (if not all) of the apples in the barrel are rotten, right? That's the opposite of what I'm saying which is the minority ruin it for the minority.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold on... when did I say that Stokes and Murdoch are honesty... oh, that's right, I DIDN'T.
Oh silly me!!!! I would've thought that they were the honest, upstanding ones, given that you've made it abundantly clear that jewish owned media organisations (which there are none of in Australia) are smearing the catholic church

Wahesh

Reaction score

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're saying the barrel is rotten, you're saying that most (if not all) of the apples in the barrel are rotten, right? That's the opposite of what I'm saying which is the minority ruin it for the minority.
The barrel, ie the culture of the catholic church hierarchy is rotten, and it is that rot that allows the corruption and the lies and the greed to permeate throughout the institution. The church's official actions, as outlined many, many, times and their responses to the royal commission should be enough to convince anyone something is very wrong with their values.

Despite the selfless actions of many involved in the church, it is the official reactions that people see and those reactions are clearly focused on maintaining the wealth and assets, influence and power of the church rather than the needs of its victims. Surely you can see that?

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you obviously didn't read my post 1343 in my reply to you accusing me of that very same thing. I understand your ignorant, you don't have to advertise it. If you're not going to read my posts, I'm not going to answer your questions.
The barrel, ie the culture of the catholic church hierarchy is rotten, and it is that rot that allows the corruption and the lies and the greed to permeate throughout the institution. The church's official actions, as outlined many, many, times and their responses to the royal commission should be enough to convince anyone something is very wrong with their values.

Despite the selfless actions of many involved in the church, it is the official reactions that people see and those reactions are clearly focused on maintaining the wealth and assets, influence and power of the church rather than the needs of its victims. Surely you can see that?
Why scrole back to read your hate lies, when in your first post above you state that you never said that all the churches and all their followers are evil and corrupt .
Then on your bottom postyou sayquote" The barrel, ie the culture of the Catholic Church heirarchy is rotten".
Poor fellow can't you see your own hipocrocy.
Harbouring hate is bad for your state of mind and your health to, and you are so rotten with it that I can only feel sorry for you.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Australian media is Jewish run?
I know the Packer family owned a fair slice of the media years ago, but I don't think they were /are jewish. but I'm sure that old Frank did employ Jews.
Not that I've got any thing against Jews, but I clearily recall one Jew who was employed by a network peddling hate against imigrants with lies and often quoting some of Hitlers rubbish to make his point.
I'm sure that their are some Jews employed in the media, because both Ours and the American media do not report the truth about what is continually going on in Isreal and Palastian.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know the Packer family owned a fair slice of the media years ago, but I don't think they were /are jewish. but I'm sure that old Frank did employ Jews.
Not that I've got any thing against Jews, but I clearily recall one Jew who was employed by a network peddling hate against imigrants with lies and often quoting some of Hitlers rubbish to make his point.
I'm sure that their are some Jews employed in the media, because both Ours and the American media do not report the truth about what is continually going on in Isreal and Palastian.
I have no doubt that there would be some Jewish people employed in Australian media companies as there are many Jewish people in the world. But I'm questioning Wahesh's "Jewish run media" comments. Especially as he used it as a derogatory term.

Other than the fact that Jewish people don't run Australian media. Stating it like that suggests that being Jewish is bad.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt that there would be some Jewish people employed in Australian media companies as there are many Jewish people in the world. But I'm questioning Wahesh's "Jewish run media" comments. Especially as he used it as a derogatory term.

Other than the fact that Jewish people don't run Australian media. Stating it like that suggests that being Jewish is bad.
Like they're somehow inherently evil by being Jewish in authoritive positions within the media

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You bastards are all pretty worked up about arguments that will run in circles.

Side (1) churches are corrupt and that's proven by their actions.

Side (2) you can't judge the majority by the actions of the minority.

Side (1) when the minority we're judging them by are leaders within the church we should be judging them harshly.

Side (2) but others do good things that we should judge the organisation on.

Here's my take on things. The most outspoken critic here was once a follower of the church, his point is very valid and his response to seeing the issues that exist was to walk away and seemingly try to help others to at least not ignore the issues.

On.the opposite side are people with unshakable faith in God and through that faith, in religious organisations.

My take is that the ideals that are supposed to be represented by God and religion should be upheld by the leaders of the church, if they're not upholding the ideals, then I think parishioners need to be at the forefront of holding them to account, not trying to defend the organisation that isn't cutting out the cancer within.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exagurating an isue is something that many os us might do from time to time, however I don't think that he is as fanatical anti Jewish as poor old KambalaOne is anti Catholic and anti Churches.
I've only known a few jews in my time, and a Jewish Doctor saved my life from very agressive cancer in 2017, howevr its obvious that some Jews either because of the holocost or their financial success do throw their weight around in the media, which BTW does influence society, but you might say other groups do to.