Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t say he’s going to be on $500k but he’s not going to be on $105/130k or whatever the minimum is these days.
For the $170k he is apparently signing for i don’t see how anyone has an issue with this signature. Every player we sign cannot be a young high paid superstar. What we need is variety and balance across the squad. He offers a point of difference and experience.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
For the $170k he is apparently signing for i don’t see how anyone has an issue with this signature. Every player we sign cannot be a young high paid superstar. What we need is variety and balance across the squad. He offers a point of difference and experience.
Agree. Good offload and skills

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
are we allowed to carry over Elliotts 400k till next year when maybe some quality players might get released during the off season or do we have to spend it before November?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No requirement to spend that money by 1 Nov as far as i know.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
are we allowed to carry over Elliotts 400k till next year when maybe some quality players might get released during the off season or do we have to spend it before November?
no

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had neck surgery so he needs the Brent Tate neck brace and he'll be right.

Rehab him with whatever Foran is on. Give Donny Singe a call and get him on the same program.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Why not front load a players contract which allows us more to spend more next year for 2023 when there are more players available
u get $9.5 million to spend in a season
i don't know where this 400k figure has come from
when Elliot only had one month in his 2021 contract left

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't see Asiata making our 17 full strength. I hope Barrett doesn't try to force him in like he did with other recruits of this level of player. If he takes his opportunity when an injury arises, sure.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wanted/ mentioned signing papallii at belmore this year and most scoffed at my suggestion on here, who knows how well Asiata will go, but he is an improvement on elliot at half the price!
Give him a chance
People need to remember that Ava Seumenafagai signed a trial and train deal with us at the beginning of the year, and was starting by the end of it, and one of our best.
A 1 year deal for Asiata, on a no doubt very low wage is good business once again. He has a decent skillet for a forward, and should help us in the ball playing, second phase aspects of our game we are lacking. A decent replacement for Elliot. Lets just hope his neck injury is well and truly healed.