Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This that THE Tim Gilbert? :grinning:

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you will find Ashcroft was parramatta district back then, alot of good players came through that played lower grades at Parra and a few played FG like cosato.
Freddy was a penrith junior also.
Alot of clubs have set up with NRL and feeder clubs already. As we have mentioned Mounties in parra comp feed to bulldogs. Hills district feed to Norths, Wenty and cabra to Parra, Blackown to Manly.
what we should do is align ourselves to one of the super clubs in the penrith district.
Mounties and Cabra are next door to each other. Mounties have shit junior teams and not many teams, stupid decision to jump ship from Cabra imo
Ashcroft was always a Parramatta nursery. Peter Sterling was an Ashcroft junior.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ashcroft was always a Parramatta nursery. Peter Sterling was an Ashcroft junior.
thats what i said, all the players that made it from that team all played at parra. when i was playing juniours at Wenty, we used play them in trials, shit oval and always a tough hard game. They had a player called Paul Magillacuti, probably wrong spelling, he was a man at 12, one of the fastest in the country, best player in the state by a long way. Eventually everyone caught up to him growth wise, played 23's for dogs but never really kicked on

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
did you play in that side? one of my best mates is Tony Cosato
I was two years younger at Ashcroft high than tony. I went with Jason Taylor, Ritchie Connell ,Warren Beaumont. We had a fair side. We all benches for the Benchies. Some them where very good but. Rich went on to play for Balmain. Warren god rest his sole played for Cabbra, Moorbank when they where in the refuges cup.

Tony was a gin back then. In my opionion Belly was the best player in that team but they had a thew guns

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No it wasn’t. It was then it wasn’t. I played on the comp from six’s through to 19. And my cousin Pat had to go play for Cabbra which was in parra district to play for parra.
Ashcroft was in the Campbeltown district which was the Campbeltown hornets then back to tigers.
I won’t exclaim I know the whole history but when I played there it was Campbeltown and Liverpool combined. Ended up going to west’s but was Campbeltown hornets for along time

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was two years younger at Ashcroft high than tony. I went with Jason Taylor, Ritchie Connell ,Warren Beaumont. We had a fair side. We all benches for the Benchies. Some them where very good but. Rich went on to play for Balmain. Warren god rest his sole played for Cabbra, Moorbank when they where in the refuges cup.

Tony was a gin back then. In my opionion Belly was the best player in that team but they had a thew guns
yeh tony got junior of the club at Parramatta, didnt really hit the hights he should have unfortunately. still played first grade at parra, roosters and wests.
did you play in troy magillacuti team?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pat Richards. Was from Ashcroft but played at Cabbra. Had to use my auncle address to play for Cabbra as wasn’t in the parra comp. Cabbra used to do it a lot like that Warren Beaumont was another. They must thought my auncle had a commune at one stage that many people from ruby minto and Ashcroft lived there playing for Cabbra lol.
Wenty used to do it with kids from rooty hill etc. mine was I’d suggest we’ll after sterlo. But was around the Jason Taylor age. Ashcroft was a great club. One the first to get a gym. Was massive at the time haaaa
It had some good players come through most went on to grade, bikes or jail but lol was tough even at training there was the occasional punch up. The good old days. Ashcroft high write next to the field Ashcroft Stallions. Played in bronco jersey lol

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeh tony got junior of the club at Parramatta, didnt really hit the hights he should have unfortunately. still played first grade at parra, roosters and wests.
did you play in troy magillacuti team?
Jason Taylor, is tony nickname lurch ? If so unfortunately passed away of a heart attack. Was very young when passed. But good player and tough. The best player in the club in my opionion was Brett maybre. Was a gun went to at George but couldn’t keep off the wacky tubacky. Was better than Fittler up untill 18

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Noticed the names of Mitch Newton and Kyle White playing for Fairfield pats in the attachment. They played for the Bulldogs. I'm sure Newton was on the bench for one of our Grand Final wins at the SFS. He was in the police force from memory.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jason Taylor, is tony nickname lurch ? If so unfortunately passed away of a heart attack. Was very young when passed. But good player and tough. The best player in the club in my opionion was Brett maybre. Was a gun went to at George but couldn’t keep off the wacky tubacky. Was better than Fittler up untill 18
tony is live and kicking, we play touch footy together, still a gun.

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Noticed the names of Mitch Newton and Kyle White in the attachment. They played for the Bulldogs. I'm sure Newton was on the bench for one of our Grand Final wins at the SFS. He was in the police force from memory.
Kyle would have been 15 also playing against 18 year olds at prop. I played SG Ball with Kyle at parra before he went to Dogs.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Being an Ashcroft High boy, you would know the Stiffs!

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kyle would have been 15 also playing against 18 year olds at prop. I played SG Ball with Kyle at parra before he went to Dogs.
That’s amazing how small a world we live in. Brenton Pomeroy was one the best props around played with him and Richie Connell who ended up playing for Balmain. Had Varchy off the bench all 3 where guns. Used to play against inglburn who used to be a tough game every year they had 2 players can’t recall there names know one a center Rod Collins I think one a prop was massive for those times went on to play for parra. They had one of our players also Chris Lawler. Was always surprised he got a run at parra didn’t think he was at that level
N

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Noticed the names of Mitch Newton and Kyle White playing for Fairfield pats in the attachment. They played for the Bulldogs. I'm sure Newton was on the bench for one of our Grand Final wins at the SFS. He was in the police force from memory.
Yep 1995 GF & Mark Watson who played HB for us was there on the program too. I think he was a copper as a lot of footballers were.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know but in the Patrician Bros team was Mark Watson, Kyle White, Mitch Newton & Ashcroft Paul Smith (Penrith), Tony Cosatto (Parramatta)
Yer Paul Smith went on to the Riff played wing. Haven’t seen him for about 20 years haaa showing my age. He unfortunately become a bit of a alcoholic last time I seen him. But he was fast when he played to the sports at the time anyway. His mate used to be hetho not dogs hetho. Another tough fella. You had to learn to fight around those days. If you couldn’t hold you hands up you where in trouble back in them days.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yer Paul Smith went on to the Riff played wing. Haven’t seen him for about 20 years haaa showing my age. He unfortunately become a bit of a alcoholic last time I seen him. But he was fast when he played to the sports at the time anyway. His mate used to be hetho not dogs hetho. Another tough fella. You had to learn to fight around those days. If you couldn’t hold you hands up you where in trouble back in them days.
I hope Paul has found his way out of the bottle. He played 79 games for Penrith including 1990 & 1991 GFs & a World Club Challenge game & 41 games for Wests. An 11 year career is pretty good!

Reactions: ATT

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s amazing how small a world we live in. Brenton Pomeroy was one the best props around played with him and Richie Connell who ended up playing for Balmain. Had Varchy off the bench all 3 where guns. Used to play against inglburn who used to be a tough game every year they had 2 players can’t recall there names know one a center Rod Collins I think one a prop was massive for those times went on to play for parra. They had one of our players also Chris Lawler. Was always surprised he got a run at parra didn’t think he was at that level
N
Rod collins played in my sg ball team also. I was captain we get beat by souths who had a unbelievable team. Scott Wilson played 6, he was a freak, played FG the following year.