Official Gus on Twitter

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very cryptic and somewhat interesting reply to a question asked of him about The Dogs taking advantage of The Campbelltown area -

“Watch this space.”

He was also talking about the area on NRL on Nine the other night in regards to The Tigers being stupid hanging onto Concord and not moving full time to Campbelltown.

While I don’t think it means we’ll be muscling into Campbelltown, I do believe and have for a while (based on some other things) that Liverpool is still very much a live option. I think we’re trying and been have for a while to get it onto Gladys’s list.
And so it should be still an option. New airport is in the Liverpool LGA, Sydney metro is going to shift drastically once that’s done and already is now. I live in Camden LGA and the tigers are basically inexistent in the area as far as I can see.

croket

Waterboy
Reaction score
And so it should be still an option. New airport is in the Liverpool LGA, Sydney metro is going to shift drastically once that’s done and already is now. I live in Camden LGA and the tigers are basically inexistent in the area as far as I can see.
Hey Bahaman
I agree, I’m in Harrington Park and I speak to more dogs supporters than tigers supporters out here.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's confirmed 3 development contracts for 2022. He'll post when lists are finalised.
im guessing - Ryan Gray and Larsen- Doyle as two of them - just based on earlier in the year contract signings - things change with Covd. Hopefully those long term arrangements that had players with no prospect of playing fg taking up contract space no longer exist.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will no doubt expand into the Liverpool area, they have assets out there, no more prized than a large parcel of land which will one day house our own purpose built stadium. The catchment and population growth from Liverpool through to Macarthur is massive, the area lost it’s Rugby League identity when the Magpies folded and whilst a fair amount of residents converted to West’s Tigers, there’s a near equal Bulldog fan base within the community and then there’s the yet to be converted.. the next 5 or so years will be interesting..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very cryptic and somewhat interesting reply to a question asked of him about The Dogs taking advantage of The Campbelltown area -

“Watch this space.”

He was also talking about the area on NRL on Nine the other night in regards to The Tigers being stupid hanging onto Concord and not moving full time to Campbelltown.

While I don’t think it means we’ll be muscling into Campbelltown, I do believe and have for a while (based on some other things) that Liverpool is still very much a live option. I think we’re trying and been have for a while to get it onto Gladys’s list.
There was an article about the board recently, saying that when the initial merger happened it was agreed they needed to consolidate MacArthur and Campbelltown regions & build up Concord and effectively own all in between. All parties agreed until the backstabbing started and the interests of each party were protected. The NRL should have mandated they did that

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Bahaman
I agree, I’m in Harrington Park and I speak to more dogs supporters than tigers supporters out here.
Same out Narellan way spend a heap a time at Liverpool as nephews and nieces play sports out that way. The signing of a partnership with Mountys in my opionion gives us a great option to pinch some parra juniors. If we lock up Liverpool out to group 6 and build a development center out at Liverpool. We will have a great nursery.my mate at the riff. Also says if the dogs can pull that off they will have the capability to match them with St Mary’s.

Fingers crossed

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good idea Dave
We already are. But if we get the nursery it will make it easier and there will be more. Lots more kids. It’s a win win really.
As the tiger pies are neglecting that corridor. Infact they have neglected it for years. It would enable the community to buy back in. Give kids in the area a opportunity to progress. Instead there only opertunity being cabbra. Get it done and it will be special. I could list 15 players from that area that went on to other areas as no start. One being Fittler. And before I get told he wasn’t from the area he was from Ashcroft originally. Jason Taylor. Told to go away he won’t make it. To small. Went to north’s and made it.
So we could use the corridor with Gus guidance

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We already are. But if we get the nursery it will make it easier and there will be more. Lots more kids. It’s a win win really.
As the tiger pies are neglecting that corridor. Infact they have neglected it for years. It would enable the community to buy back in. Give kids in the area a opportunity to progress. Instead there only opertunity being cabbra. Get it done and it will be special. I could list 15 players from that area that went on to other areas as no start. One being Fittler. And before I get told he wasn’t from the area he was from Ashcroft originally. Jason Taylor. Told to go away he won’t make it. To small. Went to north’s and made it.
I know mate I was being sarcastic. I have commented a few times on the untapped potential in the south west Sydney corridor and I think the club knows and understands this - potentially building a JR high performance base at Liverpool is a great start. Once in Livo you are within striking distance to Campbelltown etc and there is plenty of talent in this catchment. Makes a lot of sense and I think it’s where Gus will spend a lot of his focus.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in the late nineties I had a conversation with Lynne Anderson about the relocation to the planned Liverpool Oasis, I questioned the move asking why not rebuild Belmore, she said a professional study was done and the results indicated that we have the strongest following all the way down to Camden.
Is that why recently before her departure she secretly planned to reignite the idea by uprooting the club from it's foundations at Belmore ??? :nomouth: :fearscream:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think you will find Ashcroft was parramatta district back then, alot of good players came through that played lower grades at Parra and a few played FG like cosato.
Freddy was a penrith junior also.
Alot of clubs have set up with NRL and feeder clubs already. As we have mentioned Mounties in parra comp feed to bulldogs. Hills district feed to Norths, Wenty and cabra to Parra, Blackown to Manly.
what we should do is align ourselves to one of the super clubs in the penrith district.
Mounties and Cabra are next door to each other. Mounties have shit junior teams and not many teams, stupid decision to jump ship from Cabra imo

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I live in Camden. You go to the shops after a dogs win and you see people wearing doggies merch everywhere. Go after a tigers win and you don’t see any. Makes sense to spread out to the MacArthur and Liverpool areas.
You said the right words "to spread out"...Not uproot !!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jason was an established player with Wests before he went to Norths - 86 games

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jason was an established player with Wests before he went to Norths - 86 games
I went to school with Jason. He was told at under 23s way to small to make it. Told same in sgball. West’s are bludgers at development.
I have many more examples of blokes I went to school with like P Smith at panthers and Brad McKay at panthers

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think you will find Ashcroft was parramatta district back then, alot of good players came through that played lower grades at Parra and a few played FG like cosato.
Freddy was a penrith junior also.
Alot of clubs have set up with NRL and feeder clubs already. As we have mentioned Mounties in parra comp feed to bulldogs. Hills district feed to Norths, Wenty and cabra to Parra, Blackown to Manly.
what we should do is align ourselves to one of the super clubs in the penrith district.
Mounties and Cabra are next door to each other. Mounties have shit junior teams and not many teams, stupid decision to jump ship from Cabra imo
Hi Steve
Not on this occasion I played in the Ashcroft commonwealth cup winning team and weekends with Ashcroft. It was west’s area. They dropped it for Campbeltown hornets. Then they took it back.

Mountys is Parra comp. you are write but it plays out Hinchinbrook which is west’s. It is perfectly located geographically to take on the corridor

The jump from cabbra I originally thought also was a bad idea. But one my family is on the board there at the moment they are struggling financially especially with covid. Mountys is also financially strong. But I get you point

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi Steve
Not on this occasion I played in the Ashcroft commonwealth cup winning team and weekends with Ashcroft. It was west’s area. They dropped it for Campbeltown hornets. Then they took it back.

Mountys is Parra comp. you are write but it plays out Hinchinbrook which is west’s. It is perfectly located geographically to take on the corridor

The jump from cabbra I originally thought also was a bad idea. But one my family is on the board there at the moment they are struggling financially especially with covid. Mountys is also financially strong. But I get you point

Attachments