Official Gus on Twitter

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Standard Gus then. If no new recruits, surely it's Wakeham in the 7?
What were you expecting Gus to reply with?

If there are any negotiations with any new players going on, he obviously can't talk about it and he's not the coach so can't say who of the existing personnel will start there.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were you expecting Gus to reply with?

If there are any negotiations with any new players going on, he obviously can't talk about it and he's not the coach so can't say who of the existing personnel will start there.
I dunno mate. I guess I was just interested to see if he threw any names out there. Your kidding yourself if you don't think he's gonna have input on who starts in different positions next year though.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno mate. I guess I was just interested to see if he threw any names out there. Your kidding yourself if you don't think he's gonna have input on who starts in different positions next year though.
So Gus is publicly going to announce who the halfback is next year, thereby publicly undermining the head coach for 2022? Ok

Yes he will have input but he's not going to go public with this kind of info.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Geez, it couldn't be any more clear to me that he isn't a halfback but I guess we'll see.
He's not, at least not yet. Either way Baz has to tweak the system and play to our strengths because there isn't a top tier halfback at the club or on the market that can play the role he wants.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not, at least not yet. Either way Baz has to tweak the system and play to our strengths because there isn't a top tier halfback at the club or on the market that can play the role he wants.
Yeah, agree with that.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Gus is publicly going to announce who the halfback is next year, thereby publicly undermining the head coach for 2022? Ok

Yes he will have input but he's not going to go public with this kind of info.
Did I say that he was just going to announce who the halfback is next year? I said I was curious to see if he'd throw any names out there. That's all mate.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think the comment was suggesting the ficticious daughter is underage.. at least I hope not.
Even the oldest player at 33 would have a daughter no older than 15 which is still under age and only if the player got his missus pregnant at 18.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's worth keeping around as a backup as he's not on much. Lewis is gone and Flanagan likely is too, so even if we sign another half it makes sense to keep Wakeham around.
With BBO and averillo wakeham would be the third string backup half if the club recruits an experienced half to partner burto

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With BBO and averillo wakeham would be the third string backup half if the club recruits an experienced half to partner burto
It depends on where both BBO and Averillo play next year. Both could be halves options but BBO could be bench hooker again while Averillo might be trialled at centre, fullback or as a bench utility as well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even the oldest player at 33 would have a daughter no older than 15 which is still under age and only if the player got his missus pregnant at 18.
I seem to remember when Mick Potter made his debut at age 18 against Easts in 1983 he had a 1 year old child.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seem to remember when Mick Potter made his debut at age 18 against Easts in 1983 he had a 1 year old child.
Speaking of young Dads. Michael Lichaa's father 'Joe' made his debut in 2006.

Quick wiki search says he was born in 1980 with Michael born in 1993.