Official Bulldogs sign hooker Josh Cook for the next two year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought we had no money
He was signed weeks ago, before Gould said we don't have much Cap space left. Regardless, we have to have some space as we only have 29 players, have to fit in at least 1 more before 30 June (or is is 31 August again next year?).

Always a Bulldog

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time we got a cook in the team we go well from peter cook to damien cook to this kid

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the souths forum called? Anybody got any pics of how souths fans have reacted to this? Its always a good indicator of how good a player is

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Eveyone is shitting themselves at our new team just missing a few touches for the moment but
Looking solid unfortunately the spoon is embarrassing as fuck teams been wrong all year

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Eveyone is shitting themselves at our new team just missing a few touches for the moment but
Looking solid unfortunately the spoon is embarrassing as fuck teams been wrong all year
lol everyone is shitting themselves over our new team?

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It appears he's quick which is great. You can't teach speed.
Guys this is legit just his tries doesn’t reflect his playing style, how he directs the team and off the ball work. Don’t base your perception based on videos of his tries.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like another couple of years without an established hooker.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see some game footage. The guy can run which is a positive . I am interested to see if he can pass
off the ground and get our first receiver wide of the makers. If he can do that we might finally have a 9.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time we got a cook in the team we go well from peter cook to damien cook to this kid
Peter Cook? He was a champion jockey who won 2 Melbourne Cups didn't know he'd played for the Bulldogs.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seen him play a couple of times. Always looked threatening and had sharp service. Definitely will challenge JMK and light years ahead of Katoa, which isn’t hard but still a step in the right direction lol.

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What sort of injuries were holding Cook back? I've seen it mentioned in a few comments but no real details.
The kid’s a gun, & tough! He played in the Perth 9s for South’s last year. Earmarked to make his debut this season only to suffer a shoulder injury in the early rounds of the NSW Cup this year. Very highly rated within South’s circles, their management tried playing hardball with negotiations & it’s backfired. If fit & gets a full preseason under his belt will be a major asset & push for the #9 jersey.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely we have room to move in the salary cap. These are the players we've released or have move to another club this year:

Renouf Atoni (released), Dean Britt (released), Bradley Deitz (released), Tyrone Harding (released), Watson Heleta (released), Will Hopoate (St Helens RLFC), Sione Katoa (released), Lachlan Lewis (released), Falakiko Manu (released), Nick Meaney (Melbourne Storm), Dylan Napa (released), James Roumanos (released), Chris Smith (released), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (New Zealand Warriors)

Add to that these are the players that are off contract: Christian Crichton, Paul Karaitiana, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken

With a guide to those on the open market from 1st November this year for 2023 here are the players that are off contract at the end of 2022.

Matt Doorey, Matthew Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham

Dufty and Vaughn will be dependent on how they go next year in getting an extension. R F-M I like but he's injury prone. Tui Katoa, Stimson and Wakeham I'd move on. Doorey and Topine would be the only two I'd potentially keep.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely we have room to move in the salary cap. These are the players we've released or have move to another club this year:

Renouf Atoni (released), Dean Britt (released), Bradley Deitz (released), Tyrone Harding (released), Watson Heleta (released), Will Hopoate (St Helens RLFC), Sione Katoa (released), Lachlan Lewis (released), Falakiko Manu (released), Nick Meaney (Melbourne Storm), Dylan Napa (released), James Roumanos (released), Chris Smith (released), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (New Zealand Warriors)

Add to that these are the players that are off contract: Christian Crichton, Paul Karaitiana, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken

With a guide to those on the open market from 1st November this year for 2023 here are the players that are off contract at the end of 2022.

Matt Doorey, Matthew Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham

Dufty and Vaughn will be dependent on how they go next year in getting an extension. R F-M I like but he's injury prone. Tui Katoa, Stimson and Wakeham I'd move on. Doorey and Topine would be the only two I'd potentially keep.
Our cap is full. We signed Burton, JAC, TPJ, Naden, Vaughan and Dufty. That's 2.5-3m of our cap. We spent most of our money on this years recruits/next year recruits ages ago. TPJ, Vaughan and Dufty finished it off. Unless we move players on this is the roster we have for next year. There will be at least 10 changes to the roster that ran out last weekend.