Barret and Furner don’t see eye to eye

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where there’s smoke! Hope furner gets the boot, our defence bar a few games have been very bad! Change in personal across the board not just players

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s simple the coach picks flogs so we get flogged. Next year we got good players and not flogs. Just need a 7 to go with burton and we’ll be decent. Cause what we have at the club now is pathetic every player who has played halfback this year or last year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see many games early in the year due to having to work and through choice later in the season. But our defence during the games I did watch just seemed to be rooted to the one area of the field. Seemingly they were either incapable or unwilling to slide to cover gaps that developed. To an extent you can blame the players, but thats something that should have been worked on a lot by 4-5 weeks into the comp. Was still pretty poor in this regard last game I watched. So it's not a glowing endorsement on Furner, but on the other hand Barrett isn't really getting a pass mark for our attack either.

Edit- Fuck Rothfield. wouldn't wipe my arse with an article he'd written as it'd result in it having more shit on there afterwards.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see many games early in the year due to having to work and through choice later in the season. But our defence during the games I did watch just seemed to be rooted to the one area of the field. Seemingly they were either incapable or unwilling to slide to cover gaps that developed. To an extent you can blame the players, but thats something that should have been worked on a lot by 4-5 weeks into the comp. Was still pretty poor in this regard last game I watched. So it's not a glowing endorsement on Furner, but on the other hand Barrett isn't really getting a pass mark for our attack either.

Edit- Fuck Rothfield. wouldn't wipe my arse with an article he'd written as it'd result in it having more shit on there afterwards.
When will you guys learn this degenerate drunk piece of shit has ZERO info about us. This was always the case and even more so now Gould is the boss.
Drunkenfield is only stating the obvious, Gus has already come out and pin pointed that our problems are defensive structure and fitness...I can see at least Furner & Ferris gone.
As for S. Flanagan, during the commentary last week as he mentioned something about Canterbury he said we ........
Did he spill the beans ?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Old news and explains why some of our questions were conveniently ignored at the recent members forum. The defense got worse despite a “better” squad. We need a new defensive coach and trainers with smaller guts than Sam Kasiano…

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Drunkenfield is only stating the obvious, Gus has already come out and pin pointed that our problems are defensive structure and fitness...I can see at least Furner & Ferris gone.
As for S. Flanagan, during the commentary last week as he mentioned something about Canterbury he said we ........
Did he spill the beans ?
He can say we all he likes his son is shit and needs to go now
probably meant it about kyle and him as "us"
Not bulldogs .. i reckon he will be coach at tigers or knights

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There wouldn’t be any noise if the defence better, that’s on the defence coach right?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could have the greatest most inspirational coaching team in the history of the league at the helm, and still, this squad of undisciplined, remedial nitwits wouldn't take notice and lose every game!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with Fox people pushing for Flanno to get another coaching gig? Is he that much of an arse that they want him gone from the building?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your right about our defence, However I belive that our clubs poor efence has alot to do with the new rules.
It seemed that we were less prepared for the rule changes than any of the other 15 clubs.I just can't understand the NRL's so called BRAINS TRUST been so determined to implement rules designed to fatigue players more and more in order to make the game more entertaining, when all it has achieved is more score blowouts and more injuries, and in the opinion of many less entertaining.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And still trying to get Flanno Snr a job lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TB came in with his high school band and realised quickly going into business with his mates was probably a bad idea…especially when your NRL career is on the line.

TB, next time, if you get that second chance at forming a support network, you choose blokes that can win you a GF not blokes you like having a yarn with…

You often see TB and Ferris inseparable on the sidelines, why the “F” is Furner nowhere to be seen?

Last edited: