Elliott + Thompson = $1.33M Who would you buy ?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE NEED A 7 EVERYONE! Pearce o my if it’s for 2022. After that it’s a bit concerning age and injuries. But we are in desperate need of a experienced 7. Turning down Ash Taylor last week I hope shows that we have something in the pipe.
That last line is true.... maybe crack?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WE NEED A 7 EVERYONE! Pearce o my if it’s for 2022. After that it’s a bit concerning age and injuries. But we are in desperate need of a experienced 7. Turning down Ash Taylor last week I hope shows that we have something in the pipeline.
We have something in the Pearce pipe :smiley:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Both Sutton brothers and Perenara. Think that offers more game winning value.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the club could land one of the top 2 players in their position, then I don't think they'll be paying overs for them. I think this rules out John Bateman as he wants overs.

So Unless they can land somone like Payne Haas who still has at least 2 more seasons on contract making it very unlikely, then I think the club will look at buying players who provide value for money.

These types of players may be the ones being squeezed out of their current starting sides and/or off contract, or who are still contracted with their clubs looking to offload them & pitch in with some of their salary.

It may be the club looks at these options on only short term contracts as a stop gap whilst our key targets may be 12 months away from being available.

If they release Thompson & sack Elliott, I'd guess we need at least another Prop and now with Doorey doing his ACL we'll need 2 backrowers.
I'd like to say we could bye a gun Halfback & Hooker - but they are expensive & very few if any available.

There are a few players that I think could fit the above brief who may be available for next season. Not sure if their in the club’s sites though.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol I can’t believe some of the same people who are hand wringing over the behaviour of Elliott want to bring someone like Pearce to the club. No to the cheese unless it’s for under 700k and no fucking way to Pearce.
Both grubs, Pearce can play Elliott is shit...

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell Pearce is not a bulldog, what the actual fuck

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMoz is probably the best of whats available right now...

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It means he’s a grubby novacastrian animal abusing maggot, doesn’t belong in a bulldogs Jersey. Understand now ?
Not really.
He didn't really molest an animal, so I assume your problem is with his relationship to alcohol?

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because someone said he wants to come back to Australia, so people here want him.
We did try to sign him and offered him a fortune but he said Canberra was shite and boring and opted to go home to Wigan for 4 years at £300k a year

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really.
He didn't really molest an animal, so I assume your problem is with his relationship to alcohol?
Whether its true or not I don't know, but there's plenty of rumours of a bad attitude culture at the Knights, with Pearce at the forfront (Ponga as well).

Considering some of the moronic dogs players here at the moment, we can't really throw stones but I don't think he'd help the situation.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whether its true or not I don't know, but there's plenty of rumours of a bad attitude culture at the Knights, with Pearce at the forfront (Ponga as well).

Considering some of the moronic dogs players here at the moment, we can't really throw stones but I don't think he'd help the situation.
Yep, I've heard the same - which ties into why the Knights will let him go. If we sign him, he needs to be on a tight leash.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need an experienced Halve so I would go Pearce and Smith.