How many weeks for Latrell?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NRL legend Wendell Sailor takes aim at Latrell Mitchell after horror hit on Joseph Manu
By WWOS staff - 2 hours ago
Latrell Mitchell has been sent to the bin for a high shot on Joey Manu.

NRL legend Wendell Sailor has taken aim at Latrell Mitchell for "borderline arrogance and entitlement" following his horror hit on Joseph Manu on Friday night.
South Sydney superstar Mitchell is staring at a season ending 6-9 week ban after the high shot that left Roosters gun Manu badly injured.
Sailor said that Mitchell's trademark swagger was starting to take the shine off his game and reputation.

Latrell Mitchell of South Sydney. (Getty)
"It just got personal," Sailor told Triple M radio on Saturday.
"I know they've (Mitchell and Manu) won premierships together, they're really good mates. But I just think sometimes with Latrell, his confidence can get the better of him.
"There's that little bit of borderline arrogance and entitlement.
Wendell Sailor. (Getty)
"Latrell has played some really good football this year but a couple of things have crept into his game.
"I can tell you right now (Rabbitohs coach) Wayne Bennett wouldn't be real happy. They can't win it (the premiership) without Latrell."
NRL guru Phil Gould, however, had a degree of sympathy for Mitchell.
The panel dissects Latrell Mitchell's hit on Joey Manu and the consequences yet to come for the Souths star.
"Latrell Mitchell, there will be a lot of people at home calling for his head," Gould told Nine's Friday Night Footy post-show.
"But it's from people who have never played the game or been in that position like he was defending his try line there.
"He's got this wrong, he's made contact with the head and that's what it is. But we're certainly going to hear more about it because given what we've seen this season. The fact that he's made contact with the head, it won't matter why or how it's happened, the fact that Manu is so badly injured and he's got loading, I can't see how he won't be spending time on the sideline."
Roosters centre Joey Manu fires up at Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell after the brutal hit. (NRL Imagery)
Another NRL legend, Cooper Cronk, agreed the Rabbitohs couldn't win the premiership without Mitchell.
"I love Latrell and I've played a lot of football with Latrell and he is a heavy competitor and South Sydney need him in their side to win the grand final," Cronk said on Fox Sports.
"He has already had one similar charge with David Nofoaluma in round six and missed four weeks. He has got priors."

I know it's Wendell but he makes a valid point on Latrell's attitude, arrogance and entitlement.
Gus sounds like a massive wanker tbh.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't know their cousin, but I coached the younger 2 in different Georges River Rep teams. The oldest one was a selector after he turned 16 for one of those teams. He played 1st Grade for St.George and Bankstown.
Think he also played for Petersham. I also played in George's river comp for de la Salle

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think he also played for Petersham. I also played in George's river comp for de la Salle
I think I'm a bit older than you, but I played for Lugarno Sports before I moved to Panania for the 1979-80 season. I played against DLS a few times. The bloke we had trouble dismissing was a big bloke by the name of Graham Merchant.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I'm a bit older than you, but I played for Lugarno Sports before I moved to Panania for the 1979-80 season. I played against DLS a few times. The bloke we had trouble dismissing was a big bloke by the name of Graham Merchant.
I played a few years with Graham. Myrtle!. Was a big fella. Small world

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you could be right that he played for Petersham. One thing for sure, if you play for Petersham, you learn how to Sledge

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you could be right that he played for Petersham. One thing for sure, if you play for Petersham, you learn how to Sledge
Hated sledging, few mates played some baseball, wanted me to play, the sledging in that game was pathetic, not at all funny. Didn't play just thought the sledging was childish.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hated sledging, few mates played some baseball, wanted me to play, the sledging in that game was pathetic, not at all funny. Didn't play just thought the sledging was childish.
Did you ever play against Beverley Grove? They were the Kings of it in the George's River comp.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you ever play against Beverley Grove? They were the Kings of it in the George's River comp.
Can't remember, played at Beverly Grove be park behind the factories at Kingsgrove. Only remember sledging in park cricket was from a wicketkeeper in of the Penshurst RSL teams, even his team mates were embarrassed by it.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't remember, played at Beverly Grove be park behind the factories at Kingsgrove. Only remember sledging in park cricket was from a wicketkeeper in of the Penshurst RSL teams, even his team mates were embarrassed by it.
Located behind the coca cola factory from memory. I played against Penshurst RSL, and can remember a chirpy keeper. Can't recall ever being too worried about it, as the only bloke I spoke to when I was batting was my batting partner.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rd 4 Good Friday
Usually that's the case. If he takes the 6 weeks that will be close to his return game. If he is STUPID ENOUGH to take it to the Judiciary he gets 9 and will miss the Good Friday game.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo the fucking hypocrite is having a good old whinge about the "bunker" and the "referees" but he didn't say one word or make a peep when the Roosters beat the Broncos in the last minute of their game because of the "bunker" intervening over an absolute dubious call at best.
IF, Robbo wants to call out referees and the bunker for being inconsistent or making the wrong calls then he should have also said something when his team beat the Broncos because of the bunker and dudded the Broncos a victory.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would also be interesting to see if the guru of Rugby League defence lawyers, Nic Ghabar could get him off this one.

Incidentally Nic was a member of the now defunct Bulldogs Debate Page.
Who says it's defunct?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard one report that he'll get 6 weeks minimum.

Now if Hetherington did that he'd get more than what Les Boyd got for breaking Daryl "The Big Marn" Brohmans jaw back in the '80's and that was 12 MONTHS.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it? The last time I tried to access it, a few years ago now, it didn't open for me.
No it's not. James who ran it, met a girl & moved to the US (bloody women!). He sold the site & the new owners destroyed it. You can still access the Rleague.com/bulldogs through the web archive but that's it.