How many weeks for Latrell?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL admits match officials made 'wrong call' not to send South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell off against Roosters

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/ten...dd-to-aus-medal-haul/ar-AANQpEF?ocid=msedgntp

South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.
© (Getty Images: Chris Hyde) South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo says South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell should have been sent off — instead of sin-binned — for his high shot on Roosters opponent Joey Manu.

Mitchell was given 10 minutes in the sin-bin for his high tackle on Manu in the Rabbitohs' 54-12 win over the Roosters at Lang Park on Friday night.

The tackle left Manu with a suspected fractured cheekbone and he is likely to miss the remainder of the season.
The NRL charged Mitchell with a grade-two reckless tackle and he is facing a suspension of between six to nine weeks, which would rule him out of the Rabbitohs' finals campaign.

Much criticism has been levelled at the match officials for not sending Mitchell off, with the NRL deciding to stand down bunker official Henry Perenara from Saturday night's match between the Storm and Eels.

Abdo said he was left "frustrated" by the decision made by the match officials.

"I thought it was the wrong call, I think it should have been a dismissal, a send-off," he told ABC Sport.

"But having said that, people make decisions in professional sport. Sometimes we debate them, sometimes they're the wrong decisions.

"We analyse them, we deal with them professionally and we move on, and I was unfortunately a bit disappointed by what unfolded."

While Abdo disagreed with the decision, he said the match officials followed the correct process in reviewing the incident.

He acknowledged the process was "not perfect" but said Mitchell's tackle was referred to the bunker as it should have been.

"We reviewed it (the incident) this morning and had a listen to the audio," he said.

"It was picked up immediately by the touch judge, who was obviously closest to it and had the best angle.

"The touch judge then indicated to the bunker to review the tackle and that started happening.

"So even though it ran for a few tackles, it was being reviewed and the bunker was making their recommendations through the referee."

Roosters coach Trent Robinson launched a tirade at the match officials in his media conference on Friday night, labelling the handling of the incident as an "absolute farce".

He said Perenara was "supposed to know some footy" and claimed the bunker officials could not "do their job this year".
Robinson is expected to be sanctioned by the NRL for his criticism.

Abdo said it was not appropriate for coaches or players to cast opinions on a person's "integrity or character".

"I understand how emotive everyone gets, I understand the frustrations, however we do have to be professionals," he said.

Abdo said the decision to remove Perenara from the bunker on Saturday night was the right move.

"Henry is not going to be in the bunker today, and that is partly because we don't believe it was the right decision, and also partly because he's under huge pressure now," he said.

"I don't think it would be fair to him to expect him to officiate [after] the way he has been attacked."

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive only just seen this tackle for the first time. How the fuck did he not get sent off for that tackle?!!!!! And then later in the game Gagai and Toupinua get the same penalty for a bit of push and shove?? How the fuck are these 2 incedents even comparable? Yet they only deserve the same penalty?! Fucking disgraceful refereeing!!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL admits match officials made 'wrong call' not to send South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell off against Roosters

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/ten...dd-to-aus-medal-haul/ar-AANQpEF?ocid=msedgntp

South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.'s Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.
© (Getty Images: Chris Hyde) South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo says South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell should have been sent off — instead of sin-binned — for his high shot on Roosters opponent Joey Manu.

Mitchell was given 10 minutes in the sin-bin for his high tackle on Manu in the Rabbitohs' 54-12 win over the Roosters at Lang Park on Friday night.

The tackle left Manu with a suspected fractured cheekbone and he is likely to miss the remainder of the season.
The NRL charged Mitchell with a grade-two reckless tackle and he is facing a suspension of between six to nine weeks, which would rule him out of the Rabbitohs' finals campaign.

Much criticism has been levelled at the match officials for not sending Mitchell off, with the NRL deciding to stand down bunker official Henry Perenara from Saturday night's match between the Storm and Eels.

"I thought it was the wrong call, I think it should have been a dismissal, a send-off," he told ABC Sport.

"But having said that, people make decisions in professional sport. Sometimes we debate them, sometimes they're the wrong decisions.

"We analyse them, we deal with them professionally and we move on, and I was unfortunately a bit disappointed by what unfolded."

While Abdo disagreed with the decision, he said the match officials followed the correct process in reviewing the incident.

He acknowledged the process was "not perfect" but said Mitchell's tackle was referred to the bunker as it should have been.

"We reviewed it (the incident) this morning and had a listen to the audio," he said.

"It was picked up immediately by the touch judge, who was obviously closest to it and had the best angle.

"The touch judge then indicated to the bunker to review the tackle and that started happening.

"So even though it ran for a few tackles, it was being reviewed and the bunker was making their recommendations through the referee."

Roosters coach Trent Robinson launched a tirade at the match officials in his media conference on Friday night, labelling the handling of the incident as an "absolute farce".

He said Perenara was "supposed to know some footy" and claimed the bunker officials could not "do their job this year".

Abdo said it was not appropriate for coaches or players to cast opinions on a person's "integrity or character".

"I understand how emotive everyone gets, I understand the frustrations, however we do have to be professionals," he said.

Abdo said the decision to remove Perenara from the bunker on Saturday night was the right move.

"Henry is not going to be in the bunker today, and that is partly because we don't believe it was the right decision, and also partly because he's under huge pressure now," he said.

"I don't think it would be fair to him to expect him to officiate [after] the way he has been attacked."
So many things said by Abdo make my blood boil here. First of all, how the fuck was Robinson questioning the integrity of Perenara? He supposedly said "match officials cant do their jobs this year". Fact. There has been some disgraceful officiating this year. The on the fly rule changes have fucked every team over, and it has shown that the refs also can not keep up with the pace of the game.
then he says, " i understand people get emotional, but we need to be professional". By professional, do you mean do the8r jobs well? Make correct decisions? Because from i saw, this incident was not handled professionally by the match officials you are protecting!
Then to finish off he says "i dont think it would be fair on him to ask him to officiate after the way he has been attacked". Give me a fucking break you soft cock!! What about how Manu was attacked? Wheres the pity for him?
Im so over the bullshit referees get away with, and the fact that a coach cant vent his frustrations. The NRLol on a whole has became a farce. If you want to change rules, how about the sin bin and send off peremeters? How about a more appropriate 5 min sin bin for minor things instead of a 7 tackle set for a ball into touch!!!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lattrell will do the adam elliott defence im sorry pfft he certainly does some dirty shit

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lattrell will do the adam elliott defence im sorry pfft he certainly does some dirty shit
If he tries to defend that at the Judiciary he will get 9 weeks. Not even Nic Ghabar could get him off. Take the 6 weeks and consider himself lucky.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

South Sydney's Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.'s Latrell Mitchell is facing a lengthy suspension after his tackle on Joey Manu.

Thanks Captain obvious for yet ANOTHER apology after the fact. If your guys got it right in the first instance there would be no need to apologize. Real cop out too by saying the getting it wrong was only part of the reason to remove Perenara from the bunker...it should have been the only reason. They seem to have suddenly grown a conscience in saying it was also for his mental well being ...

As much as I am not a fan of Robbo it is a bit like calling the pot calling the kettle black because his team has quite a few blokes who have a bit of an issue with proper discipline on field but that should in no way take away the fact that what he said is correct.

It is a farce and the bunker has NOT being doing its job well this year because it is not the first time they have got it wrong by any stretch of the imagination. Part of taking responsibility for things is the way in which you take and acknowledge your short comings, something the NRL does not do well.
What was so wrong about the whole Latrell thing, was that unlike any other time when the bunker looks at incidents,had the player who was hit not approached Mitchell, not once but twice the delay in getting a clarification on the foul play might have seen no punishment at all on field as play would have advanced past the point of review. Then Mitchell might simply have gotten a warning and been put on report without a sin bin.This happened in the Sharks game with Jesse Ramien fouling a player, getting pinged after the event and looking like he should have been binned but wasn't.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many things said by Abdo make my blood boil here. First of all, how the fuck was Robinson questioning the integrity of Perenara? He supposedly said "match officials cant do their jobs this year". Fact. There has been some disgraceful officiating this year. The on the fly rule changes have fucked every team over, and it has shown that the refs also can not keep up with the pace of the game.
then he says, " i understand people get emotional, but we need to be professional". By professional, do you mean do the8r jobs well? Make correct decisions? Because from i saw, this incident was not handled professionally by the match officials you are protecting!
Then to finish off he says "i dont think it would be fair on him to ask him to officiate after the way he has been attacked". Give me a fucking break you soft cock!! What about how Manu was attacked? Wheres the pity for him?
Im so over the bullshit referees get away with, and the fact that a coach cant vent his frustrations. The NRLol on a whole has became a farce. If you want to change rules, how about the sin bin and send off peremeters? How about a more appropriate 5 min sin bin for minor things instead of a 7 tackle set for a ball into touch!!!!
Absolutely right mate. Match officials have failed miserably this year with so many cock eyed decisions being made where punishment is x for one player or club and y for another. Consistency is the key here and they have been consistently inconsistent,that in itself is a sad indictment on their ability to do their jobs properly.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely right mate. Match officials have failed miserably this year with so many cock eyed decisions being made where punishment is x for one player or club and y for another. Consistency is the key here and they have been consistently inconsistent,that in itself is a sad indictment on their ability to do their jobs properly.
Completely agree.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well farking duh!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/live-scores?match=501256531

Tempers flare: Mitchell, Waerea-Hargreaves’ post-game tunnel showdown
By
Michael Chammas and Christian Nicolussi
Updated August 29, 2021 — 3.22pmfirst published at 11.29am

The fallout from Friday night's spiteful showdown continues with revelations emerging that a Sydney Roosters player got into an argument with Latrell Mitchell outside the tunnel to the team's sheds.

While Nine News vision obtained after the game doesn’t clearly show who Mitchell was arguing with inside the home tunnel, the Herald has been told that he was met with resistance by Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hagreaves sticking up for his teammate.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No it's not. James who ran it, met a girl & moved to the US (bloody women!). He sold the site & the new owners destroyed it. You can still access the Rleague.com/bulldogs through the web archive but that's it.
It's still going. Moved sites a few times.