• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. But in some organisations these days it happens also. Example telemetrics in vehicles. You get a speeding fine from police. Then a please explain warning in some cases for driving over speeds etc.
In my opinion. If you don’t want get punished. Don’t do it. And all will be based on performance and the rewards tgat go with that
Yep fair point.

The solution is actually pretty simple. The clubs shouldn’t be allowed additional punishment once the integrity unit has made their decision. By that I mean no additional fines or games suspended.

But they can still sack the player if he has enough strikes because the integrity unit can’t rule on that

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thanks mate and same to you. Sorry to hear you had the same experience, though not uncommon unfortunately. Without being called sexist, you are very right about how things play out in the women's favour more often then not, even when they are the one at fault. The amount of loss, damage, hurt, you go through trying to pick up the pieces, then on top the money spent and hoops jumped through just to access your own children. It all takes a toll on you. Mentally draining. But, in time things somewhat got better. Access still isn't the best, but my kids are hitting the teen years now so soon they will be able to think and do for themselves.
Absolutely and they start to figure out the truth too. The kids pick up things over the years and place them together over time. Toughest test of my life to this point without doubt. Good onya buddy!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We’re all with you bro.
Glad things have improved. I have no doubt things will keep getting better and hopefully you get more access to the kids
It is showing great strength to share you past, and it much appreciated. I have had similar experience with my ex. It got to the stage at 13 my boy left his mum completely. He lived with me untill he went off to uni. I am very proud of him for a lot things. To many to list. But more importantly the man he has become. And you sharing this shows you have placed you kids first. Eventually this turns and you kids will understand everything.
Both my children now above 17 have great relationships with me. And my family.
Sadly but the boy although he reached out to her several times once he moved in with me. Has nothing to do with his mum.
Keep you head up and hopefully you kids have a relationship with both you going forward.
A happy medium. I still talk to my ex ( we were done close to 30 years ago) and I reached out to him when his new partner died recently from cancer. Life is too short and precious to be held back by things that happened a long time ago and out of your control so you just get on with it. I forgive but not forget what happened and I harbour no ill feelings.
You will get there and hopefully because you have a civil relationship it will continue to be to the benefit of you seeing the kids.
Kids have a different spin on things when it comes to separation and they are more resilient than what we give them credit for. They work it out on their own and when they are considered old enough to make their own life choices you might be pleasantly surprised that they seek you out moer and more.
Cheers and thanks for sharing your own experiences. Sometimes, as Dogluva said, you have to forgive but not forget to not only be the bigger person, but to help your own mentality. The hurt, pain and anger, though warranted can over time be more detrimental to not only the situation, but to yourself. It caused me for a period, to become an alcoholic drunk, and suicidal. A dark time, though luckily short lived. With help, got back on track, pushed the anger aside and become mentally stronger. Once I forgave her, though not forgotten, a weight lifted and we were able to communicate civilly and in time re-establish a friendship of sorts, that made dealing with her a lot easier on me, her and the children. The children are now becoming teenagers so will soon be their own persons, being able to think and do for themselves. My ex is a lot more open these days with wanting me/ having me involved in the children's lives. Now the issues are bloody covid and lockdowns hindering my access!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely and they start to figure out the truth too. The kids pick up things over the years and place them together over time. Toughest test of my life to this point without doubt. Good onya buddy!
I hear ya, definitely one of my toughest and I've been through a few tough times throughout my life. Almost killed me, almost. But in time, it all has made me a stronger person and somewhat wiser too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep agreed but I can see his point. They get whacked by the integrity unit and then whacked by the club. If that’s the case then why have the Integrity Unit ?

If you misbehave your employer deals with you and that’s it. You don’t get 2 sets of punishment
It's a double edge sword i think. I think the integrity unit, being part of the NRL administration, is there to make sure that the club takes sanction too in some ways on said issue/s, though the integrity unit, though in name doesn't have that much integrity in my honest opinion.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agreed but I can see his point. They get whacked by the integrity unit and then whacked by the club. If that’s the case then why have the Integrity Unit ?

If you misbehave your employer deals with you and that’s it. You don’t get 2 sets of punishment

While I agree in principle this not a Bulldogs issue it is an NRL issue...

But look at it this way some clubs have a lower standard than the NRL is willing to accept, especially for star players. That is why the NRL integrity does it first. However if a club chooses to have a higher standard then the NRL it can still enact punishment.. In this case the the NRL integrity unit punishment was for the Biosecuity breach... The dogs punishment will be for everything else.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s not really the point though. The point is the club created an environment in which players were allowed.... even encouraged by coaching staff and officials, to run amok. A lot of the responsibility for the mad Monday shenanigans rests with the club.
Yeah because adults can’t take responsibility for their own actions!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well going off this year Elliott's value to us is nowhere near 450-500k a year (according to Read). That's the first thing we should be looking at (use this as an excuse to sack him). We should be ruthless and sack him and spend the money elsewhere. We also have too many second rowers as is. A player in Elliott's situation should be an angel being on a deal like that for him.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot's fucked an employee from the bar knocked on the cubicle & got no reply so he had to get the keys to open it. I'm guessing it was far more than a kiss or could even be drug related I hope the club tested him. I'm betting he gets sacked.