BBQ Carnivore - Thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey bro I have to drop off that set of thongs I borrowed the other day. Fuckin hopeless with google maps as you know, so can you please text the address again so I can cut and paste.

cheers mate, oh and don’t forget to butter salt n pepper our corn eh?
Is organic butter and Himalayan rock salt ok?

PS did the thong fit alright? I’m in between sizes an L and XL so it’s hard when people borrow my undies.

Will slide into your DMs with the address ;)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is organic butter and Himalayan rock salt ok?

PS did the thong fit alright? I’m in between sizes an L and XL so it’s hard when people borrow my undies.

Will slide into your DMs with the address ;)
Fuckin whatever, as long as I’m fed..

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're having a weekend away this weekend. I'm looking forward to some other **** cookin for me for a change. I do have some pretty decent baby backs I want to deal with next weekend though.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love them too… problem is it’s tough cause my wife and kids don’t eat spicy /chilli foods… pretty annoying. Suppose incoukd
Marinate 2 batches..
Means more for you. And your wife & kids go hungry.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love buffalo wings. But I could never understand why Americans fry their chicken wings rather than bbqing them. I prefer to marinade them in the buffalo sauce, then BBQ them while basting them. So much tastier.

That said, the other night I made Nashville chicken. Battered and deep dried chicken dipped in hot sauce (similar to buffalo sauce but with a lot more Cayenne pepper)

It was great.
Americans prob fry them for speed and crispy skin.

It's all good. No right or wrong I guess.

I much prefer cooking wings on bbq than frying them.
Myself, I have tried many different methods for buffalo wings.

The method I prefer is smoke them indirect with a light rub only on high heat to get crispy skin.
I personally love, and I mean Love, sweet baby rays buffalo sauce.
I warm some up in a pot.
I add some butter and cayenne pepper for bit more heat.
Then I bring the wings off the BBQ, and toss them in a bowl with the warmed up sauce.

Serve and eat.

My wife likes to drizzle ranch dressing over the top to cut some of the heat.

But I just eat em.

On occasions I have used other hot sauce like franks red hot and the like.

But that's how I like it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Americans prob fry them for speed and crispy skin.

It's all good. No right or wrong I guess.

I much prefer cooking wings on bbq than frying them.
Myself, I have tried many different methods for buffalo wings.

The method I prefer is smoke them indirect with a light rub only on high heat to get crispy skin.
I personally love, and I mean Love, sweet baby rays buffalo sauce.
I warm some up in a pot.
I add some butter and cayenne pepper for bit more heat.
Then I bring the wings off the BBQ, and toss them in a bowl with the warmed up sauce.

Serve and eat.

My wife likes to drizzle ranch dressing over the top to cut some of the heat.

But I just eat em.

On occasions I have used other hot sauce like franks red hot and the like.

But that's how I like it.
I like baby rays buffalo too. Frank's hot sauce is the traditional way. The restaurant that originally made them, made them with Frank's hot sauce.

Traditionally its butter, garlic powder and Frank's hot sauce. But I like adding fresh garlic, smoked paprika and onion powder.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like baby rays buffalo too. Frank's hot sauce is the traditional way. The restaurant that originally made them, made them with Frank's hot sauce.

Traditionally its butter, garlic powder and Frank's hot sauce. But I like adding fresh garlic, smoked paprika and onion powder.
To be honest, I really like the sweet baby rays sauces
Not a huge fan of Stubbs
I have tried heaps of fancy expensive bbq sauces and whilst I like them all, can't go past sweet baby rays and it's relatively cheap

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest, I really like the sweet baby rays sauces
Not a huge fan of Stubbs
I have tried heaps of fancy expensive bbq sauces and whilst I like them all, can't go past sweet baby rays and it's relatively cheap
Sweet Baby Ray's are the best. The high levels of sugar help. Also not a fan of Stubbs.

I have tried hundreds of different types of BBQ sauce, but nothing comes close to Baby Ray's.

Buffalo is a different thing though. Baby Ray's Buffalo is good but it's basically just Frank's Hot Sauce with an imitation butter and added sugar. Works great though and probably healthier (except for the sugar)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sweet Baby Ray's are the best. The high levels of sugar help. Also not a fan of Stubbs.

I have tried hundreds of different types of BBQ sauce, but nothing comes close to Baby Ray's.

Buffalo is a different thing though. Baby Ray's Buffalo is good but it's basically just Frank's Hot Sauce with an imitation butter and added sugar. Works great though and probably healthier (except for the sugar)
I'm strongly loving for once being in complete agreement with you.
It's a great change.