The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fun times....

Should we organise one post lock down.

We still owe our brother Mr95% a shin dig.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember how the whole thing started. We were talking about hot sauce and I mentioned how I have a death sauce that's a blend of Trinidad Scorpion and several other ridiculously hot chilli's. He said, "bring it along. I bet it's not that hot"

I'm sitting there thinking, "this guy is going to die". He puts a ton of it on a sausage sandwich. Tastes it and says, "it's alright", then throws half the bottle on it. Didn't even flinch once while eating it.

That's bloke isn't normal.
I had less than 1/4 of a teaspoon and it felt like satan was face fucking me

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I've been fortunate enough to have a few opportunities to create a perfect coal BBQ and have come to realise that creating one is a work of art. So... this my procedure.

What I use:
  • One Coal BBQ grill (rectangular)
  • 2 coal chimneys (I have a big family)
  • 1½ bags of Heat Beads coal
  • Samba Firelighters
1629695970581.png
1629695991708.png
1629695993918.png
1629696012663.png
1629696043831.png

Method:
  • Place 3 Firelighters in a triangle shape on the left side of the BBQ and 3 more on the right side of the BBQ
  • Place a 4th Firelighters on top of the each triangle - so you've used 8 so far
  • Put 5 Firelighters in each chimney first so they are at the very bottom of the chimney - now you've used 18 Firelighters
  • Fill each chimney halfway with coal, then place another Firelighter in the middle. Now you have used 20 Firelighters
  • Fill the rest of each chimney up with coal
  • Light the Firelighters you placed on the BBQ (left and right triangles) then place the chimneys on top
  • You will notice that the Firelighters in the bottom of the chimney will ignite due to the triangle ones burning
  • You can expect the Firelighters to go out after 10 or so minutes. Take both chimneys off, and place 1 Firelighter only on top of the burned Firelighter triangle. The heat will be enough to ignite them. Now you've used 22 Firelighters
  • Repeat this process one more time. Now you've used 24 firelighters
  • The BBQ coals should be burning on their own now. After 45 minutes since you lite the first Firelighter, pour the contents of both chimneys out onto the BBQ based. Using a metal spade or claw, spread the coals out evenly along the BBQ and you should have a nice hot grill with the coals a nice white/grey colour. You now know it's time to start cooking!

Attachments

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I've been fortunate enough to have a few opportunities to create a perfect coal BBQ and have come to realise that creating one is a work of art. So... this my procedure.

What I use:
  • Samba Firelighters
View attachment 29006View attachment 29007View attachment 29008View attachment 29009View attachment 29010

Method:
  • Place 3 Firelighters in a triangle shape on the left side of the BBQ and 3 more on the right side of the BBQ
  • Place a 4th Firelighters on top of the each triangle - so you've used 8 so far
  • Put 5 Firelighters in each chimney first so they are at the very bottom of the chimney - now you've used 18 Firelighters
  • Fill each chimney halfway with coal, then place another Firelighter in the middle. Now you have used 20 Firelighters
  • Light the Firelighters you placed on the BBQ (left and right triangles) then place the chimneys on top
  • You will notice that the Firelighters in the bottom of the chimney will ignite due to the triangle ones burning
  • You can expect the Firelighters to go out after 10 or so minutes. Take both chimneys off, and place 1 Firelighter only on top of the burned Firelighter triangle. The heat will be enough to ignite them. Now you've used 22 Firelighters
  • The BBQ coals should be burning on their own now. After 45 minutes since you lite the first Firelighter, pour the contents of both chimneys out onto the BBQ based. Using a metal spade or claw, spread the coals out evenly along the BBQ and you should have a nice hot grill with the coals a nice white/grey colour. You now know it's time to start cooking!
Bro tbh, youre thinking it through abit too much.

Whack some coals in the chimney, throw a couple firelighters underneath and go make the hummus while you're waiting for it to heat up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow, thanks heaps. That was such a great day.
Dogluva like 30kg lighter now but still packs a punch. Nice photo of the bearded one...with my two daughters to his right.....
I'm 80kgs lighter now lol

And your angels are probably taller than me lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pretty cool to put some faces to the names. It's good to know that assassin looks exactly like his avatar
Head is the same but the beard has flourished lol

That was my overnight growth in the pics lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm 80kgs lighter now lol

And your angels are probably taller than me lol
Well they are both taller than me , heck everyone is taller than me.

Great effort with the weight too...did a lot of that come from fluid loss now the heart you have is working better than the old one...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well they are both taller than me , heck everyone is taller than me.

Great effort with the weight too...did a lot of that come from fluid loss now the heart you have is working better than the old one...
A botched stomach sleeve and a hyper-active poisoned thyroid did most of the work.

It's taken me 6 years to put on 20kgs (need to be in between 100-110kgs) which helps stabilize the new motor.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bro tbh, youre thinking it through abit too much.

Whack some coals in the chimney, throw a couple firelighters underneath and go make the hummus while you're waiting for it to heat up
Habib, making a coal fire is a fine art. You can't just whack some firelighters under the fahem, you need to do it properly. On the weekend I had a lot of fahem in the chimney and needed a perfect amount of firelighters to ensure it was going to burn effectively.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Habib, making a coal fire is a fine art. You can't just whack some firelighters under the fahem, you need to do it properly. On the weekend I had a lot of fahem in the chimney and needed a perfect amount of firelighters to ensure it was going to burn effectively.
Each to their own brother

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What I use:
  • Samba Firelighters
View attachment 29006View attachment 29007View attachment 29008View attachment 29009View attachment 29010

Method:
hmm, I have loved my webber Long time.

After reading this BBQ/heatbead love story.
Im going out and getting me a rectangular BBQ.