Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, JWH makes all of the blokes look better.
No doubt, but they still have CLASS about them.

Crichton
Corner
Liu
Taukeiaho
All are MILES better than Napa, Ava and who ever else we have. Fetherington lol

JWH has never dragged a pack like ours around to get wins, because it is near impossible.

I'll say it again, until recently Luke was the only one making over 100 metres a game. It's unheard of.

Just go through all the teams, even the shit ones and no pack is as inept as that.

JWH has NEVER had to deal with that EVER.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With fans like you, why would he want to stay, 4 weeks for the allege eye gouge what a load of bollocks even the victim said in court he felt no pressure to the eye and he was only playing for a penalty, Luke was careless and it was purely accidental and the past 3 weeks ban also that too was bollocks, the club was convinced he would get off that charge and challenged it, resulting in another game ban added to his total
I’ve just screen shot your message and sent it to him and hopefully that too may help him change his mind to join a professional club elsewhere
Bro it's shits me how shit our club is now... Pushed Graham out the door and now trying it on with Thompson... If Barrett had any stones he'd ark up and tell Gus to fuck off I want Luke in my side, but he's probably a weak bitch who won't speak up, or he think Hetherington is our best prop lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is a fucking shame because he would make all of them lift. His effect on Thompson would be the same, just like Walmsley did. I really wanted us to sign Walmsley before Thompson to be honest.
JWH could never lift this pack anywhere. It's awful.

I'm not saying he isn't great, because the grub is. I just think Luke gets unrealistic expectations put on him.

What more can the poor xunt do lol, he's already got numbers that put him in the top 5 or 6 for props. But we still get people on here saying "well he doesn't do what Fish does" or this and that (not saying you) lol

I'll stand by what I say, Fish, JWH what ever top prop you want to put here would change jack shit.

Haas is the best or close to it, and how much does he effect the results at Brisbane? Sweet FA, they're second to last

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last thing it's EASIER to lift high quality players like what the Roosters have.

Different story to lift Ava, Toomaga, Ogden, Stimpson and the like. Elliot and DoorEY LOL

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You said before mate that he left St Helens when he was asked to take a pay cut....so its not likely here really?

You "Liked" a post above mentioning pounds ..not dollars...whats that amount about mate.
Yes, he was asked to take a cut due to coronavirus hence sought an early exit from St Helens to come to the Dogs to which St Helens agreed.

It is puzzling that this has now cropped up and it would be great to really know all the details otherwise everyone will be chasing their tails trying to understand exactly what is going on.Of course the club will not let the cat out of the bag.

If it is true, as has been posted here that there are other players being asked to accept a pay cut, it can only be so that we can balance the roster and the books by paying blokes what they are really worth not what they were offered previously i.e overs. Some off the players still on contract are not performing well but that can be rectified in some way by the better players coming to the club next year.

Whatever is going on it needs to be sorted and sorted soon so as does not drag on into the next few years.

Stimson, Waddell, Wakeham, Flanagan , Allen all contracted into next year and beyond...could they be players being looked at for salary reduction, moving on????

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude… calm the farm. You love for Thommo is bordering on @utility half love of Elliott or @Mutt Dafty hatred for Hetho… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Nah. Just pointing out the obvious.

Check the stats for yourself.

He is up there with every other top prop in the game, including JWH. The big difference is he is doing it ALONE.

I'll ask again, name ONE prop that does what he does. There is NONE.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey just to add to my point, not only does JWH not go it alone he also has the best FB in the game sniffing around the ruck taking carries, making Fools of forwards making it EASIER for the next carry.

Thompson has Meaney lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I promise this is my last one lol, but Tupou, Manu Morris taking runs out of dummy half to start sets compared to Knockonbor, Manu Hoppa LOL....yeah JWH doesn't do jack all by himself lol

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He is up there with every other top prop in the game, including JWH. The big difference is he is doing it ALONE.

And I also assume Thompson gets paid more so shouldn’t he be the benchmark? Also doesn’t help he missed 8 games. Definitely not getting value for money so far that’s for certain.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Don’t have to check mate, have looked at them over and over for forwards plenty of times which is why I know what I am saying about JWH is correct

250 + FG games, and over the last almost 10 years has averaged over 130 metres per game around 12-13 hit ups per game and 25-30 tackles per game depending on minutes played. His hit ups and tackles have the same venom in minute 1 as they do in minute 78 and has won a stack of awards as well as representing his country many times.

Yes, you can throw up he has always played in good teams but I suppose you could say the same for Cronk, Smith and Slater, but you wouldn’t.

The flip side is you could say Thomo looks better because the yardstick at the club is pretty low so he stands out more, but you wouldn’t ..

As I said many times on here, Thomo is awesome and I am glad he is ours but he has way to go to match what JWH has done for a long long time, not just 1 season in a shit side.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Listened to the latest "Six Tackles with Gus" pod. He has a pretty interesting segment talking about his theory on re-signing players. Says a lot of seemingly pointed things.