• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Two incidents from the NSW press conference. FMD:

A group of young men at Smithfield decided to set up a soccer field and go about playing soccer. They were spoken to by police. They absolutely knew that they were doing the wrong thing. They were issued with infringement notices and told to go back to their residences.

Another example was a man that had travelled from Bondi to south-west Sydney for the fourth time with the police speaking to him, and of course his time is up. He was arrested. He was taken to the police station and charged with that offence.

He ... will be put before the courts. Here is a person that on four occasions blatantly disregarded the public health order.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my first Pfizer today at Kogarah hospital had ti lie and say I live in Canterbury Council which I don’t but it does say my Dads address on my licence still as I’ve never changed it. But what a shit fight I luckily got there a bit early but it took 2 hours to do but when I walked out the line was hundreds of meters long. Those poor people were not getter by out of there anytime soon.
I had booked an appointment with a doc to see what vaccine I should get and just run through a few things, they went through the have you been sick ect run down , I said yeah I feel like shit the mrs has been in hospital for a week I've had no sleep so I'm fucked lol .shouldn't of said that we'll you can't come until you get a covid test, next morning woke up felt like a truck hit me couldn't swallow throat was fucking killing, walk down 845 to get in early for a test, unfortunately a hundred odd people had the same idea and there was only one testing 2 and a bit hrs later got tested next morning all good got to the drs came out more confused got put on a cancellation list should be done in a few days still don't know what one I'm getting, beyond the point of giving a fuck what it is just stick me ,got vallium to so all good now lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'm going to book today, sounds like I need to bring a chair and some food haha
Yeah try and get early 9:00am was mine and if I had actually got there at 9:00 which they say to do so you are not standing around with potential people that are infected I would have been out there in 4 hours maybe. I only got there half an hour early. Wasn’t fun but I feel fine so far nurses are the the hero’s here. One was saying she is finishing at 9:00pm tonight and it was 10:30am when I was talking to her.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I had booked an appointment with a doc to see what vaccine I should get and just run through a few things, they went through the have you been sick ect run down , I said yeah I feel like shit the mrs has been in hospital for a week I've had no sleep so I'm fucked lol .shouldn't of said that we'll you can't come until you get a covid test, next morning woke up felt like a truck hit me couldn't swallow throat was fucking killing, walk down 845 to get in early for a test, unfortunately a hundred odd people had the same idea and there was only one testing 2 and a bit hrs later got tested next morning all good got to the drs came out more confused got put on a cancellation list should be done in a few days still don't know what one I'm getting, beyond the point of giving a fuck what it is just stick me ,got vallium to so all good now lol
It is a very weird feeling all lined up like robots 1.5m down the hallways of a hospital. Couldn’t have made that shit up 3 years ago.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah try and get early 9:00am was mine and if I had actually got there at 9:00 which they say to do so you are not standing around with potential people that are infected I would have been out there in 4 hours maybe. I only got there half an hour early. Wasn’t fun but I feel fine so far nurses are the the hero’s here. One was saying she is finishing at 9:00pm tonight and it was 10:30am when I was talking to her.
I'll go to Olympic Park, shouldn't take as long. Just cbf going there aye haha

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is a very weird feeling all lined up like robots 1.5m down the hallways of a hospital. Couldn’t have made that shit up 3 years ago.
Scary thing this is life now, the restrictions 3 months ago seemed like fucking paradise lol, I've gone hoping and planning overseas trips to now just wanting my little local Cafe to be open so I can sit and have a beer chilling to tunes I'm sure next month I'll be saying remember when you could water your front lawn without having your neighbour call the police for not wearing a mask,

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really?
People are fuckin weird.
If people want to get vaxxed, get vaxxed. Dont then dont, its none of by business.
I only get pissy when people are selfish in regards to not locking down or doing whatever they want disregarding the safety of all.
The "do what you want, it's none of my business" ideology exists in truth on a spectrum, not on either side of a yes/no absolute. At one end of the spectrum is things like what item from a restaurant menu you choose, what music you listen to, in almost no situation is it anyone elses business what you do. At the other end of the spectrum are murders, rapes, etc. If someone does that, most of us do mind, a lot, even if we don't personally know the victim. But most things are somewhere between those two extremes. Can you do what you want when you drive a vehicle? To a large degree no, and if you go against the laws in relation to driving a vehicle you risk getting caught and sanctioned, and most people are in agreement with this, by and large we do mind if people are driving the wrong way down the street, not indicating when they are supposed to, or whatever else.

Given that the more of us are vaccinated, the lower the risk to society of health and economic deficits, where does this subject sit on the spectrum? It certainly isn't way up one end with the murderers and rapists, but neither is it down the other end with music choice either.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Townsville shop owner Amedeo Dinardo is offering staff money to delay their vaccinations (news.com.au)

A Townsville security shop owner is offering his staff $500 to delay their vaccinations because he “did his own research” into Covid vaccines.

It is not known what medical or scientific qualifications Titan Security and Electrical owner Amedeo Dinardo has but he is offering his staff a $500 bonus if they delay having a Pfizer of AstraZeneca vaccination.

He would prefer them to have the Sinovac vaccine which is being used in China.

Owns his own business, can vote, breed...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll go to Olympic Park, shouldn't take as long. Just cbf going there aye haha
Olympic Park (@Figtree Dr not Qudos) is a well oiled machine. Long queue when you get there but moves very quickly. Both times in and out in 40 minutes and that includes the 15 min waiting after the jab.

Just make sure you are right on time because that line waits for no one.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Townsville shop owner Amedeo Dinardo is offering staff money to delay their vaccinations (news.com.au)

A Townsville security shop owner is offering his staff $500 to delay their vaccinations because he “did his own research” into Covid vaccines.

It is not known what medical or scientific qualifications Titan Security and Electrical owner Amedeo Dinardo has but he is offering his staff a $500 bonus if they delay having a Pfizer of AstraZeneca vaccination.

Sinovac vaccine is not very good against the Delta strain

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

I would be saying ok ok... take the $500. But already be vaxxed with the Pfizer.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

I would take the money & say I wasn't vaccinated even though I am. :tearsofjoy:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The scary thing is we don’t know the long term implications of this vaccine. You’re damed if you do and damed if you don’t type of scenario. I will probably end up getting it but just saying

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Where do you even start? :tearsofjoy:.

We’ll just start with the little detail that Sinovac isn’t and isn’t likely to be authorised for use in Australia.

Will he shout his staff airfares to Jakarta as well so they can get their shots? I know a way to get some cheap fares - I’ve done my research…:-).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You shouldn't get a false positive. The PCR tests take a sample of your snot and saliva then amplify the viral particles in them. So they're actually testing for the virus.

The vaccines don't actually give you the virus, they just trick your immune system into thinking it has the virus.

So if you did test positive, it's a very decent chance you have the virus. There still is false positives though so there's a chance it's not the virus. But false positives are very low and not related to the vaccine.
Thank you for the explanation. I realise that it is not live vaccine and it tricks your body but was not 100% sure if there would be any type of reading. As it is I am well and have no symptoms but had to take daughter for a test today as she woke up with sore throat, cough and runny nose. After explanation to nurses on duty they said I did not have to take a test and nothing would be needed if daughter is negative. Have segregated her within the household and awaiting test results. She has been good about it and is worried that if she has the virus she would give it to us.Hubby and I have had a first jab each and I don't go anywhere anyway at the moment.

Lock down here extended at least another week after fragments found in the sewerage..the last test two days ago showed nothing but today a positive result.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The scary thing is we don’t know the long term implications of this vaccine. You’re damed if you do and damed if you don’t type of scenario. I will probably end up getting it but just saying
Life itself is a lottery mate and any medical intervention has/may have inherent risks but what do you do? It is at the end of the day your choice . It is concerning though that this delta strain is really impacting the young, thus a big swing in thinking about vaccination for them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two incidents from the NSW press conference. FMD:

A group of young men at Smithfield decided to set up a soccer field and go about playing soccer. They were spoken to by police. They absolutely knew that they were doing the wrong thing. They were issued with infringement notices and told to go back to their residences.

Another example was a man that had travelled from Bondi to south-west Sydney for the fourth time with the police speaking to him, and of course his time is up. He was arrested. He was taken to the police station and charged with that offence.

He ... will be put before the courts. Here is a person that on four occasions blatantly disregarded the public health order.
Absolute dickheads.........

Status
Not open for further replies.