Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
S.M.H:

Household transmission has been the cause of more than 70 per cent of COVID-19 cases in Sydney’s current outbreak, forcing the state government to open a fifth health hotel to house hundreds of people who cannot safely isolate at home. This includes people who need extra care and those in large households. A health sector source told the Herald almost 1000 people last week stayed in one of the four sites across the inner city. Sites are also being established in western NSW in light of the ongoing outbreak in the Dubbo region, which has grown to 116 cases.
NSW Health deputy secretary Jeremy McAnulty said people were also failing to realise the danger of visiting other people’s homes. Such visits were the cause of at least 100 cases in the past two weeks. About 85 per cent of all active cases are in west and south-west Sydney, where some park lights have been switched off and basketball hoops removed to reduce gatherings, while 75 per cent of yesterday’s cases are aged under 40.
Meanwhile, many businesses have been left without support as lockdown drags on. More than 62,000 of 254,000 grants, worth almost $700 million, are still being processed more than a month after being announced. Mandy Foley, who owns a hospitality recruitment firm, said the Service NSW system is confusing and lacks information about how much funding businesses can expect to receive. “It is the crappiest system I have ever seen,” she said. “If we were running a business like this we’d be broke.”
By the numbers: NSW recorded 452 local cases, including 323 mystery cases and at least 54 infectious in the community, after 151,767 tests on Monday. There are 447 patients in hospital, including 69 in ICU and 24 on ventilation. NSW recorded one more death, taking the toll from the current outbreak to 57. Victoria recorded 24 local cases, the ACT recorded 17 cases, while Queensland had one and the NT had zero.
Exposure sites: Kings Langley Public and Mount Lewis Infants are among the schools closed today, while dozens of sites were added across western NSW. See the full list here.
The Herald’s view: Breast cancer screening should remain a high priority even during lockdown.
Security enforces rules: A third of Australia Post customers in Mullumbimby and Byron Bay refused to wear masks.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A curfew wouldn't go astray in SW Sydney right now tbh.

550 of today's cases were still from there.
Nah, no more wood for the discriminations fire... Put all of us under curfew, masks mandatory outside, no leaving the home for any reason other than Covid test/vaccine or medical emergency, super heavy police and military presence, all parks and beaches closed, nobody works unless vaccinated and only people directly connected to medical or grocery (food and booze) delivery. All restaurants and takeaway closed.

Fuck it, all in for 2-3 weeks while the vax rate goes up.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
WTF. Beaks should be closing Bunnings, Harvey Norman, JB HiFi etc.
JB are closed, it’s on their website, so I ordered something online and it delivered in two days.
Not sure why Bunnings is open - must be for trade/construction but for a $10 delivery fee you avoid all the grief and can still get on with your home/garden project whilst in lockdown. That’s what I did anyway and the delivery fee - well I’d probably spend that in petrol driving to/from Bunnings anyway.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question I want to ask SCUMmo is why the fuck didn't he close our international borders the second they saw it spreading back in 2019?

We are an isolated island nation you hillsong cult motherfucker.

I'm pretty sure we would be doing MUCH better than we are now.

No, it's not hindsight, it's a case of no fkn sight.
the bigger f-up was knowing the delta variant to be floating about and allowing people to come home.. people had 18 months notice to come home, continued on their holiday then cry fowl then things get out of hand. Government letting people come home was so damaging to the majority..

you govern for the majority to try appease every minority.

lock the borders full stop. No in and no out.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bigger f-up was knowing the delta variant to be floating about and allowing people to come home.. people had 18 months notice to come home, continued on their holiday then cry fowl then things get out of hand. Government letting people come home was so damaging to the majority..

you govern for the majority to try appease every minority.

lock the borders full stop. No in and no out.
the bigger fuck up was the amount of people allowed to exit the country and return during the past 18 months

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know our daughter got a re-booking for her Pfizer shot. Happening on Friday ...relieved much :grinning:
great stuff. My son called me last night and he too will get his vaccination on Friday but the AZ. He does snot mind and has had a goods discussion with his GP he is just relieved to be able to get his first jab...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Massive jump in cases and not to be unexpected though. This is going to be one really tough fight against this virus and probably a one step forward two step back scenario for a while yet.
I am wondering if this virus lays dormant in the surrounds/ environment for any great length of time to be an issue say months after cases settle down or is it just fully transmissible via human to human interaction.? Will it once again mutate once its effectiveness in its current form diminishes?
We will no doubt have pockets of infection into the future so we need to remain vigilant and not be lulled into a false sense of security...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
great stuff. My son called me last night and he too will get his vaccination on Friday but the AZ. He does snot mind and has had a goods discussion with his GP he is just relieved to be able to get his first jab...
This is what it comes down to. If a person seeks medical advice for the vax, whatever they are directed to do should be ok with everyone.

This vax talk is dividing the already divided. I just think it should be my body, my choice. If It's ok for abortions it's more than ok for a vax.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t worry everyone, even tho it’s out of contoel in a few years time we can all be heroes when we regal stories to children and be known as the story teller of the tribe

the stories will all start with ..;
“ back in my day we were allowed out of house , no masks , wonder interstate and even overseas ame guess what even travel overseas without even wearing a mask “

and they will awe struck as they have been in lockdown their entire lives

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most likely the same type of fuckwit that protest marched a couple of weeks ago.. They wouldn't go and get tested until they were sick so who knows just how many decent people they have or will infect.
But didn't you know that it is their right to protest........? It then should dawn on them that if they become ill ,specifically with COVID symptoms that it is their duty to ge get tested but the cowards don't want to get caught out.....and they would simply lie about their whereabouts anyway....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JB are closed, it’s on their website, so I ordered something online and it delivered in two days.
Not sure why Bunnings is open - must be for trade/construction but for a $10 delivery fee you avoid all the grief and can still get on with your home/garden project whilst in lockdown. That’s what I did anyway and the delivery fee - well I’d probably spend that in petrol driving to/from Bunnings anyway.
Because building is okay ( and might I say hubby is a tradie who goes to work each day) under very strict guidelines, yeah Bunnings is open but.yeah should be click and collect/ delivery etc. especially for those not employed in the building industry..

Me I am doing gardening at home but I am working with what I have and have come up with ways to recycle stuff already on hand. Lol, I even sat down this morning and planted out all my Woolies garden collection so I will hopefully have seedling in a few weeks which I can then transplant. Have made cuttings of favourites which I will then be able to use in new garden areas and a good turn over of the existing soil with addition of home produced compost will mean preparation is well on the way for when I will be ready to plant.

Received an email on Saturday same day lockdown started complete with full site requirements from the bloke he is working for and he has gone above and beyond with his protocol; QR code which he has had now for months, masks, site gate to be locked at all times except for delivery/ arrival/departure, no more than 25 on site at any one time to ensure correct distancing and trades to be staggered as building progresses,no sharing of tools/ equipment and proof that vaccination has been done/ will be done soon....

I was nervous about him going to work because at times there were occasions that out of towners had to come in for certain trades if workforce short but that has stopped. It is what it is and at least if he keeps the site ticking over in any way possible that is a positive.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is becoming a bit of a stigma now where i live if you are not vaccinated. I’m booked in for tomorrow but im detecting a bit of a snob attitude in the fancy dog park if you haven’t been yet. I can only imagine down the track you will be seen as a leper if you are not. Not passing any real judgment on it because I believe personally of course get the jab if you can but I can see a divide starting to form.
Really?
People are fuckin weird.
If people want to get vaxxed, get vaxxed. Dont then dont, its none of by business.
I only get pissy when people are selfish in regards to not locking down or doing whatever they want disregarding the safety of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.